It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg: Obamacare = Bay Of Pigs Invasion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I never said I wanted the government to pay for it, but I guarantee you if the option was there I'd take it.

And the money doesn't come from "people like you". It comes from people like us. I work, I pay taxes, I'm just as much one of those people as you are.

Like I said, not once did I say I wanted the government to pay for it. I'm just saying that our current healthcare system is flawed. And something should be done to start "fixing" it.

Like I also said before. I don't know what should be done, or where to start. But I feel that changes should be made. And it should not cost thousands of dollars for things that shouldn't cost thousands of dollars.

And I've said before, to higher income friends who disagree with my views on many things. Maybe I'm just biased because I've been "poor" my whole life. And no matter how hard I have worked, or do work, nothing changes that fact. Maybe I've just become jaded by the high of living, and trying to be part of a system that I just can't compete in.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Actually, he couldn't have.

Outside of committing a crime to come up with the money.

I don't know if you've guessed by my previous posts, but I don't own a home. And to be honest I don't know one person who does, much less has a mortgage.

He sold the only thing he had to get the 500, his car. At a considerable loss at that, just to get SOMETHING to TRY to help.

I honestly couldn't speculate if he would or wouldn't have had the money if he weren't paying into those programs. He might have had $27 more dollars on a weekly basis, but I doubt that would have matter much in the larger picture. I don't know though, maybe that $108 every month would have given him what he needed to be middle class. But I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Everyone can come up with 1100 if they have to.

Everyone.

Don't tell me its not possible because I know it is.

You take a second job, you get a loan, you get financing, you sell your car and take the bus, you do what must be done.

Unless you are a mentally retarded homeless bum, you will be able to come up with the cash for an 1100 hospital bill.

Its especially possible if you aren't being taxed to death.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I don't doubt that anyone can come up with $1100.

But that isn't what this is about, they didn't want him to come up with $1100. It was either give us $1100 now, and get your dogs leg fixed. Or go home.

Back to getting $1100 though, millions of people must be mentally retarded homeless bums then. Its not as black and white as you make it out to be, you don't just get a loan, you apply for and qualify and are approved for a loan. Most people find it hard to get one job, not to mention a second.

I'm not trying to be offensive, and we've a good debate in my opinion. But by your last post, your really start to come across as so up on your high horse that you can't smell the # on the ground.

So I won't tell you impossible, but it seems improbable.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

This is how it would work in the real world:

You go to the doctor in need of urgent care.

You tell them you are too poor to pay.

The doctor will address any immediate crisis on the spot, then ship you to a charity hospital. The charity hospital will investigate your finances and if you are truly unable to pay, they will pick up the tab. Otherwise they will negotiate a payment arrangement.

The charge will be financed.

Of course, under a free system, people would be able to afford things like insurance on their own.

The reason why insurance is tied to employment right now is because the employer gets tax breaks, which in turn make the insurance cheaper.

If there were no taxes, insurance would be the same price individually as it is when you are employed.

I could go on and on and on for hours talking about why medical insurance is so expensive - and its all due to government regulations.

ALL OF IT

Did you know its illegal for insurance companies to sell insurance across states? You can't buy a cheap policy in CA from an insurance agent in AZ for instance. If insurance companies want to sell in CA, they have to have CA compliant policies which are OUTRAGEOUS in price.

The whole system is rigged.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by mnemeth1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join