It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trojan Asteroids Around Neptune Could Hit Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
August 1, 2010

Material from the Trojan asteroids that exist around the orbit of Neptune could go on to become comets that could strike our planet, according to a new study.

Many comets swing into the inner solar system every 200 to 300 years.

The origin of such so-called "short-period comets" is unknown but the immediate source is thought to be the Centaurs—these are a collection of an estimated million icy objects more than 1 kilometre across on elliptical orbits that come closest to the sun between the orbits of Jupiter and Neptune.

Only about 250 of these Centaurs have been imaged by telescopes. All are on unstable orbits, and have a big chance of receiving a gravitational boost when their orbit brings them near Jupiter or one of the other giant planets. Such perturbation could redirect them into the inner solar system - and possibly towards Earth.

www.phenomenica.com...

Asteroids Around Neptune

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa57cfa12f29.jpg[/atsimg]

Is this a warning or just a possibility, one day an asteroid or Comet could very well hit us, if large enough it would wipe out all life on Earth with the exception of maybe microbes deep underground. Not worried as there isn't anything we can do to stop it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Kuiper belt
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Known objects in the Kuiper belt, derived from data from the Minor Planet Center. Objects in the main belt are coloured green, while scattered objects are coloured orange. The four outer planets are blue. Neptune's few known Trojan asteroids are yellow, while Jupiter's are pink. The scattered objects between the Sun and the Kuiper belt are known as centaurs. The scale is in astronomical units. The pronounced gap at the bottom is due to obscuration by the band of the Milky Way.TNOs and similar bodies

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71db62db8af3.png[/atsimg]
Known objects in the Kuiper belt, derived from data from the Minor Planet Center. Objects in the main belt are coloured green, while scattered objects are coloured orange. The four outer planets are blue. Neptune's few known Trojan asteroids are yellow, while Jupiter's are pink. The scattered objects between the Sun and the Kuiper belt are known as centaurs. The scale is in astronomical units. The pronounced gap at the bottom is due to obscuration by the band of the Milky Way.

en.wikipedia.org...

Kuiper belt is part of the Trojan Asteroids that surrond Neptune.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
NASA needs to get out there and direct all those icy Centaurs and icy comets to impact Mars. That will give Mars oceans of water, and prevent them from hitting Earth.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

Sounds good to me, problem is they detect very little, an asteroid could be headed our way and by the time it's seen it will be to late, sounds kind of gloom and doom but those are the facts.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Maybe they have detected it...

I just seen this on the MSN news ticker you get after logging out of hotmail, and would have just posted about it if I hadn't seen your post after a quick search:

news.uk.msn.com...

Hmmmm ;\

S&F - Looking forward to seeing what some others think about this.

[edit on 12/8/10 by NibiruWarrior]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NibiruWarrior

Wow, every 100 million years, let's hope it's only been 50 million, I still say even if detected there is nothing they can do about it, we would be toast.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
With every Cell in my body,.
I welcome this asteroid to join the terrain of this cesspool.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
With every Cell in my body,.
I welcome this asteroid to join the terrain of this cesspool.

So why is your body keeping itself alive then?

It means that what you say is not true.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Please elaborate some more before I bother to explain
for fun sake

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Please elaborate some more before I bother to explain
for fun sake

You say with every cell in your body you basically want to die, and bring the whole human population, nature and all of life with you. Need I say more?

Your body does what it can to stay alive, so you would be dead already if that's what your body really wanted.

Was that fun?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Well part of your statement is accurate.
You see, If I happen to be near ground zero and would not have a chance for survival,. so be it.
But this planet has become nothing but a war zone run by corrupt people with a single intent of rule by greed.
this is not the way it should be and a reset is coming..
So,.. rather than live in fear, I embrace the cleansing
Yep,. Ive become a nutjob

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I understand what your saying, and I see comments like this all the time, your not the only one.

I think we need to update to Human 2.0 instead of restarting.

If we restart how do we learn anything?

We can always change, the world can always change, we can always evolve. Nothing is stopping that, except the want to "give up" feeling.

And yes I'm a nutjob too

Peace.

[edit on 12-8-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Peace with you also,.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

We can always change, the world can always change, we can always evolve. Nothing is stopping that, except the want to "give up" feeling.

I agree we can always change, you know the saying becareful what you think you may just get it, I choose not to give up.

join