It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOme of you simply don't understand what illegal immigration does to this country

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So deporting people is slaughtering them. Didnt a few former president deport illegals without slaughtering them?

get real man

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
Illegal aliens who take your jobs, only take them because nobody else does.

Only one thing should be understood, a lesson is it be learned, and that is motivation to get those jobs before they do.

They are living human beings, they exist just as you do - learn to understand this important point that they aren't just some emotionless peoples that hope to overrun America for fun. They simply are trying to survive and learn just as you, me, and everything else is.

Love is the key to this problem, a working with each other for a greater goal. Hate, violence, and ego-filled pride only makes matters worst - and this my friends is the path that the majority take.

Wake-up for your brothers, divided upon itself, the world cannot stand.

Honestly, you make me ill. I had to close my flooring business in 1998 because these illegal aliens were undercutting my prices so much I couldn't afford to pay for my CONTRACTORS LICENSE, BUSINESS LIABILITY INSURANCE, WORKERS COMP, BONDING, AND TAXES. LOVE? I love my country, my children and my fellow man. I DO NOT love criminals who come into my home country, take advantage of social programs that I HAVE TO PAY FOR, while I pay huge health insurance rates, watch people lose jobs around me because some illegal alien who lives with 20 other illegal aliens in a house in a neighborhopod that USED to be nice until they moved in and let the yard die, UNDERCUT AMERICAN PRICES!
Americans, WAKE UP !! Everytime you hire a questionably legal worker, you are cutting you own throat for a few BUCKS. Hire a legal gardener! What is wrong with that??? If we were all to stand up and have the moxie to turn away all illegal labor, we will raise our standard of living. Americans could pick vegetables. Hell, until 10 years ago, all the landscapers in my neck of the woods were Americans! And I know Americans who have quit their landscape business because illegal landscapers cut their rates by 50%. This is not good for our standard of living!!
Love? I love America, and these social program using illegal immigrants are destroying my country and my way of life. And yours too, Mr and Mrs American. It's up to you whether we live in a third world country in 5 years or we rebuild this once great country of ours by deporting these criminals.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

But I am convinced that until there is widespread slaughter of Latin people broadcast on the news, the right isn't going to be satisfied. So what, does the right wingers in this country want a direct war with Mexico? Is that it? Should we invade? Slaughter civilians? Hey! Maybe you all would like us to NUKE Mexico!

I cant believe the white house said that.
LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Unlike Obama Administration, Virginia Will Enforce Immigration Laws

blog.heritage.org...

Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli is having quite a day. As Todd Gaziano explains, a federal district court denied the U.S. Justice Department’s request that the court dismiss the lawsuit Cuccinelli filed on behalf of the citizens of Virginia against the unconstitutional mandates in Obamacare.

News also broke today that Cuccinelli issued an official advisory opinion on July 30 that was another shot across the bow of the Obama Administration in the ongoing fight over enforcement of federal immigration laws.

In response to an inquiry from a state representative, Cuccinelli advised all Virginia law enforcement officers that, just like Arizona police officers, they can “inquire into the immigration status of persons stopped or arrested.” Moreover, local officers can arrest any individual who has “violated a criminal law of the United States, including a criminal violation of the immigration laws.”

Unlike the specious “legal” opinion issued by Judge Susan Bolton in the Arizona immigration case, Cuccinelli’s opinion is fully in accord with federal immigration law and prior court decisions that have held that local police officers can inquire into the immigration status of individuals they lawfully detain or arrest. On the ability to arrest those who have criminally violated federal immigration laws, Cuccinelli very pointedly explains that “it would be most surprising if state and local officers lacked the authority…to arrest individuals suspected of committing federal crimes.” If they did, then local law enforcement would have “to stand idly by and allow” bank robbers, kidnappers, or terrorists who have violated federal law “to proceed with impunity.” Why should criminal violators of federal immigration laws be somehow different? That is, of course, a ridiculous claim, although it has not prevented pro-illegal aliens groups and their spokesmen from criticizing Cuccinelli’s opinion.

In the heart of the opinion, Cuccinelli makes it very clear that Virginia police “have the same authority to make the same inquiries as those contemplated by the new Arizona law. So long as the officers have the requisite level of suspicion to believe that a violation of the law has occurred, the officers may detain and briefly question a person they suspect has committed a federal crime.” The real problem, of course, will be if the federal government then refuses to pick up and deport illegal aliens who have been found by local police—an unfortunate problem that illustrates the importance of having someone in the White House who understands the President’s constitutional obligation to “take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.”

We should never forget that this issue has real consequences: two teenagers in Virginia Beach were killed in 2007 by a drunken illegal alien who rammed their car at a stoplight. He had been previously arrested and convicted for public drunkenness and DUI—if local police had checked his immigration status after those prior arrests and the federal government had picked him up and deported him back to Mexico, those two girls would likely be alive today.

Hopefully, not only will local police officers in Virginia use the authority that Attorney General Cuccinelli has given them, but other state attorneys general will follow his lead and issue similar opinions. The Justice Department and the Obama Administration need to be confronted by states contesting their ill-advised and dangerous policy of not fully enforcing our immigration laws.

Tags: Arizona, illegal immigration, Ken Cuccinelli, Virginia

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I've said it many times but for some reason, conservatives choose to ignore it: You need to go after the businesses who hire the illegals. The immigrants are good people coming here for work to send money back home to their families in need. That's all. However, they're coming here for WORK that's waiting for them thanks to the companies who are willing to hire them...which in my opinion is just pure exploitation and an easy way of cheap labor

No one ever seems to go after the companies or the corporations. They're the ones who are wrong in this crisis. But, having your head in the sand is fine. Enjoy American Idol and keep Obeying the man or woman on your television.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
So how far is the White House from the Border?
Maybe that's why they don't understand?
Or is the only way we can lower the Deficit is to have Illegals clean the White House and give up on that hillbillyburton contract to clean the White House?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Our country is just as much theirs as theirs is ours.

A great leap of thinking, beyond our divided selves.

Until the world can unite for a greater cause there will be a maelstrom of continuous hate and disgust for societal distress.

If we were meant to be divided than we'd be on different separate planets.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by 11118]

The "I Love the NWO" thread is on a different board. Move along. There's nothing for you here, sir.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Quaght]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
When the economy declines someone gets attacked.

Who is the scapegoat this time?

Mexicans.

Mexicans are not the problem.
Attacking Mexicans will solve nothing.

The plutocracy of America wants you to be divided and easily conquered.

The plutocracy of America wants you to believe that Mexicans are the problem rather than poor leadership.

Don’t be stupid.
Don’t be a sheep.

Don’t attack people who are trying to work and survive just like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stone7959

Americans can pick your vegetables. It will just cost you a lot more at the store. Will you be 'lobbying' to have the growers hire only American workers? Will the unions get involved and insist that the pickers earn 'a decent' wage? Will this affect the "bottom line" of the growers/farmers? Will your salad/vegetables increase in price? Of course they will. Will you be willing to pay the additional costs at the grocery? Of course not. You'll scream. You'll shout. You'll blame everyone but the growers/farmers/unions.

America is just grand until someone stands in front of your 60" flat screen.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Help them by not allowing unscrupulous employers to create a slave culture in this country again.

Comparing cheaper labor and slavery is idiotic.

Your original post is one of the most ignorant and illogical things I have ever read...and this is ATS...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus
When the economy declines someone gets attacked.

Who is the scapegoat this time?

Mexicans.

Mexicans are not the problem.
Attacking Mexicans will solve nothing.

The plutocracy of America wants you to be divided and easily conquered.

The plutocracy of America wants you to believe that Mexicans are the problem rather than poor leadership.

Don’t be stupid.
Don’t be a sheep.

Don’t attack people who are trying to work and survive just like everyone else.

They Abandon Mexico
Found themselves
Not Americans
in the United States of America,
And you want us to feel Stupid like we did something wrong?
So if you abandon America
go to Mexico
that makes all Mexicans that laugh at stupid Americans stuck in Mexico bad?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred call
We should never forget that this issue has real consequences: two teenagers in Virginia Beach were killed in 2007 by a drunken illegal alien who rammed their car at a stoplight. He had been previously arrested and convicted for public drunkenness and DUI—if local police had checked his immigration status after those prior arrests and the federal government had picked him up and deported him back to Mexico, those two girls would likely be alive today.

This goes nicely with the above: www.msnbc.msn.com.... Here's the kicker, though: he has been arrested twice already for DUI and he was turned over to immigration after at least one of those arrests and LET GO. His status is pending while he murders nuns.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quaght

Our country is just as much theirs as theirs is ours.

A great leap of thinking, beyond our divided selves.

Until the world can unite for a greater cause there will be a maelstrom of continuous hate and disgust for societal distress.

If we were meant to be divided than we'd be on different separate planets.

The "I Love the NWO" thread is on a different board, sir. Move along. There's nothing for you here, sir.

Sorry, friend -

The NWO and a planet united working together, not under the rule of a said elite, are two very different, if not contradictory, societal panoramas.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stone7959

I would not play victim but instead take responsibility on trying to shape the future of a corrupted capitalistic society that divides it's people by competition into classes of illusive weaknesses created by the society itself.

These illusive weaknesses based entirely on paper money worth nothing but the paper itself - promoted by tyrannical media producing yellow journalism, and bankers producing a society based on greed a monopoly money.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Are you one of those "just give them Amnesty" people?

Nope

"Do it all..Kick out the illegals, Fine/Jail corporations who practice these crimes, Curse our great great great grandfathers, DEMAND government action to enforce our existing laws, FINE the rich who continue to use these people as slave labor, and point out all of those ignorant people out there who just like to throw the race card around.
NO Amnesty. "

Nope, don't agree with you.

Kick them out- No. IMO, these illegals have been used by the US system as a result of government refusal to close the door on employers hiring illegals. They should be given a chance to prove they deserve to stay.

I do not advocate amnesty. This like you said will not solve the problem. But I do advocate some kind of probation. As long as they can stay out of trouble, pay taxes, and prove they are trying to be a part of this country, I am all for it.

However, the biggest point is keeping employers from hiring illegals. Maybe all employers should use E-Verify or other databases to ensure only legal people are hired. Until this is solved no border security, deportation, or Arizona law is going to stop people from coming here to find a better life.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Before he answers that question i would like for him to consider how he would feel if he was a legal immigrant who did it the right way and waited years and went through all the paper work to become legal.

Then someone sneaks over and they get citizenship.

Maybe you should learn to ask me directly.

If I was a legal immigrant.... I'm not.

And I can't speak for those who are. All I can tell you is that life is not fair.

If it was then I would be rich as all those drug dealers selling their mess on our streets. Unfortunately, I have to manage with what I do have.

That is reality.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ker2010

Before he answers that question i would like for him to consider how he would feel if he was a legal immigrant who did it the right way and waited years and went through all the paper work to become legal.

And I can't speak for those who are. All I can tell you is that life is not fair.

If it was then I would be rich as all those drug dealers selling their mess on our streets. Unfortunately, I have to manage with what I do have.

That is reality.

So if we are standing in line at a store to check out and im bigger , stronger and tougher with my hands than you i should be able to push you aside and break in line.

Hey whats the difference they break in line and get in the country. I break in line and get your place in line. They broke a law doing it, i break a law doing it.

After all life isnt fair according to your logic.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Great Idea get rid of all bussiness.
Finish Collapsing America and Over throw it.
You are falling for the American Business bad.
We Need to export all jobs so no illegals ever want to come here.
You are playing right into PTB hands.
LOL

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ker2010

That is reality.

So you joined the Military
Became a Citizen?
Or you are a Soldier from another country in America?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

So if we are standing in line at a store to check out and im bigger , stronger and tougher with my hands than you i should be able to push you aside and break in line.

Are you going to tell me things like the above don't happen?

You have two choice, live in a what if world or live in reality.

What if will solve nothing.

The reality is that illegals are here, have been here, have basically been allowed to stay here and the issue must be resolved. Illegal immigration is just a small issue of a bigger picture. Deportation and criminal prosecution or border security alone will not solve the problem.

The whole system suxs and need fixing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join