It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOme of you simply don't understand what illegal immigration does to this country

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Do you rich-world folks want to keep the lifestyles, the privileges and even the human rights you're accustomed to? In that case, you'd better get used to liking the idea of exploitation and wage-slavery (if not the outright kind), because it's either that or lose the goodies you've come to think are yours by right.

This isn't new, you know. As George Orwell, the author of Animal Farm and 1984, wrote nearly sixty years ago,

We all live by robbing Asiatic coolies, and those of us who are ‘enlightened’ all maintain that those coolies ought to be set free; but our standard of living, and hence our ‘enlightenment’, demands that the robbery shall continue. A humanitarian is always a hypocrite... Source

Today there are no more empires of the sort that existed in 1942. Instead, the rich world lives well on the wage-slavery of Asiatic sweatshop labourers and the dirty work of illegal immigrants to their own countries. This is much more cost-effective; foreign aid, the sop thrown by Western governments to the consciences of their more soft-hearted citizens, costs a fraction of what it does to maintain and exploit an empire.

This is not going to stop any time soon. Right-wing paranoiacs and left-wing Pollyannas can rant and rave as much as they want; it won't make a blind bit of difference.

Those of you who oppose illegal immigration are trying to hold back the sea. You will fail; the tide of history will wash over you and drown you.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Come back HITLER all is forgiven.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

Some of you simply do not understand what illegal immiggration of corporations does to the wrold.

Corporations are allowed to migrate to other countires in search for their resources, cheap labour, weak legislation to take advantage of it, but people are such in their countires (global farms).

Either stop USA corporations from "investing" (which means exploiting) in other countires or leave to immigrants alone.

At the end of the day - there are very few natives left in USA anyway - 99% of you or your ancestors were illegal imigrants.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So explain how we identify illegals again? Last time I checked, we had Russian spies stealing our secrets for over a decade and no one cared.

So explain how we identify illegals again unless we ALL carry our papers.

As a constitutionalist, I should be able to walk up to your children and demand to see their papers. That is my right correct? I have a right to know if your kids are here legally?

Personally, I think most of the illegals here don't look like they are from south of the border. The real illegals are from Europe and Africa via Plymouth Rock.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
you mean "illegal immigrants" the man made term given to people who want to freely move around and find a better home?

you mean what its doing to our economy? the man made term given to a man made system that right now is causing mayhem across the globe?

my personal beliefs are that every human has the right to free roam the planet and find a better home and the best life possible. just like a bird flies from tree to tree to find the best place to build its nest. no other bird has the right to stop it doing that. its what animals do and we are just more civilised animals.

unfortunately money makes the world go round and its a terrible system we have set up. and yes...migration does ruin that system but ultimately we are doing things wrong anyway if we have to physically restrain people form migrating because they are ruining our system.

instead of bashing the migrants for ruining our system....try and think of a new one.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Well said...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
at least a person has to purchase the slave, he has an investment in him, so he has an incentive to take care of them and get as many years out of the slave as he can.
now days, employers don't expect to have to invest in their workforce, they want the employees to come to them trained, and well, I've seem ads in the newspaper for jobs where they want years of experience, but don't want to pay anything close to a living wage....

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I always thought it was funny that people got so mad about illegal immigrants when this country was made when illegal immigrants came here and wiped out the residents. We are all immigrants in this nation and just because its been a few hundred years it doesnt change the fact.

I agree that illegals do harm the economy and take jobs that some americans would work. The problem is that they are willing to work for little pay and no benefits. This will not change as the low pay they get in america is still more that they get in their own country.

You want to stop illegal immigrants? Crack down on the companies that hire them and i am not just talking about construction jobs. There are many corporations that hire illegals and there is no accountability. Start giving out fines to anyone who hires illegals. If there is no place to work they wont come here.

We also need to stop giving them benefits that american citizens get. When these people cant work, they go to the government for help, and they get it. These programs are abused by many americans as it is, we dont need any more people milking the system.

Imagine if we changed just these two things. It wouldnt fix illegal immigration completely, but is a good start. Rounding them up and shipping them out will never work if they always have a job and government benefits to come back to.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Humans are a resource in a properly managed socitey. Unfortunately the USA is a loooong way from properly managed. The society of greed puts one value before all others $$$$$.

Is it the immigrants fault that americans no long manufacture anything, no. Is it the immigrants fault that we're in our current economic situation, no. Is it the immigrants fault that rich americans no longer invest in american industry, no. Is it the immigrants fault that the rich have control of our government though lobbyists and PAC's, no. Is it the immigrants fault that we took down our import tarifs, no. Is it the immigrants fault that we choose to spend money we don't have fighting wars we can't win, no. Is it the immigrants fault that the rich don't pay their share of taxes, no. I could go on and on. The USA has a lot of problems, immigration isn't really one of the important ones. Unfortunately the dumbing down of america combined with the previous generations use of leaded gas, has left us a nation of fools who are easily distracted and easily misled.

I am american expat in process of getting a passport from another nation because I no longer want to be identified as an american. I know what it's like to be an illegal immigrant, thank god I found a society with values that corespond to my own. I hope when some of you biggots, racists, and xenophobes, need to find a new place to live or become slaves to the rich that are taking over your country, I hope you find people just like you in those countries you decide to emigrate to.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
lol

Truth is most yanks are illegal, ya steal land from the natives of north america now ya's are trying it in iraq etc

USA - Who Cares

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Condoning slavery is done is the dollar; Nuff said.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I signed up to reply to this thread. The OP was a good post. I've always maintained that both sides, Republican and Democrat, do not really want to do anything about illegal immigration besides paying lip service to Americans.

Everyone is always talking about "securing the border." But securing the border does NOTHING, because the vast majority of illegal immigrants come here to WORK. Therefore, if people are serious about putting a damper on illegal immigration, they need to get serious and cut off the root of the problem, and that begins with our corporations. People need to put pressure on their representatives about cracking down on employers hiring illegal immigrants. It doesn't matter what border security you have - as long as people can come here to work, they will come here to work; they will find a way around any type of border security.

I think most politicians talk about border security (physical wall, electronic eye, etc) knowing full well that that wont do anything. It's a waste of taxpayer's money. You want to get serious about illegal immigration and cut off the source? Employers need to be held accountable, for they are the reason most of them come here. If the FEDS and STATES were to fine businesses that hire illegals, we wouldn't even be debating immigration and could focus on other problems.

Both sides don't really want to fix the immigration problem, they want to look like they're taking a tough stance. It's the same damn argument on the war on drugs; if marijuana was legalized, you wouldn't have nearly the amount of violence by the drug cartels on the border, because there wouldn't BE a market for their product in America.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by kingsolomonsgold]

[edit on 4-8-2010 by kingsolomonsgold]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
To put into perspective what collectivley ilegals are stealing off legal citizens i went off and calculated what they steal and converted it into what you could have had instead of the leaches who are ruining your country,

a 2mw capacity wind turbine land or offshore costs $ 2,6,000,000 per Mw capacity and have a 25 to 35 yr lifespan.

ilegals steal 346 billion anually OMFG , that more than what my country the uk takes in anually and again WOW

so i worked out that could buy around 133076 turbines = 266152 MW

Thats around 266.152 GigaWatts of energy capacity Stolen, never getting that back, its gone ,wake up

This does not include of the cost of installing as i didnt work out 2 diff prices I.E onshore as to offshore , i just had the price per unit per MW

Id like to say that this should outrage every decent american out there to think that that money didnt go on the jobs that would put your country ahead of every country on the planet for wind renewable energy and not to mention the thousands of job that it could have created for americans , im so deeply sorry that you people lost out on that and i realy mean that

i could go on but you get the jist of it

can any 1 put into perspective for me what 266.152 GigaWatts of energy capacity in sense of how many homes could it power

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I totally understand what its doing to this country, I have friends in AZ. They are very concerned and live in fear daily.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
BRAVO OP

S&F

Thank you for posting this and i will have to agree there are far to many people speaking out against this ,who do not seem at all to understand the situation .One point i wanted to address was the not ever being able to close our borders ,yes we may never be able to seal them but you put enough drones in the sky and boots on the ground.Your going to make it very hard ...However the question arises ,why dont we just do it then ,is it because dark parts of the GVT make so much of drugs..etc..etc conspiracies .I look at this post and beg the United States as a whole to look at itself and relize that a change must come ,or pretty soon all of our schools will be making kids learn 2 languages and the middle class will be gone for ever .

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by fred call

Oh I just so agree with you! I lived in Indiana, that is before the illegals took over, and I myself saw this. People living 9 in a one room place, having babies like rabbits, driving brand new SUVs with cell phones and designer clothes...they actually would look down on us poor people. The cops would complain that drivers could not speak English, and the local school began to teach Spanish....crack coc aine became the new coke, and meth houses sprang up all over. We fled, what else could we do? I worked hard for my income, and they come over here and just get it free? And more than I make?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandBanana

Originally posted by fred call
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--- REMEMBER ---

IN NOVEMBER 2010, WE HAVE A GOLDENOPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an insult and a kick in the butt to all of us...

Get mad and pass it on - I don't know how, but maybe some good will come of this travesty.

If the immigrant is over 65, they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than a woman on Social Security, who worked from 1944 until 2004.

She is only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there's a 'catch 22.'

It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1,890. Each can also obtain an additional $580 in social assistance, for a total of $2,470 a month.

This compares to a single pensioner, who after contributing to the growth and development ofAmerica for 40 to 50 years, can only receive a monthly maximum of $1,012 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked off and maybe get the refugees cut back to $1,012 and the pensioners up to $2,470. Then we can enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years. And not to receive a increase for 2010 Vote them all out of office…….

Please forward this to every American to expose what our elected politicians have been doing for the past 11 years to over-taxed Americans.

SEND THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW.

Untrue
www.snopes.com...

That story may be fictional, but it doesn't make it untrue. I live in West Texas, about 3 hours from the border. I can guarantee you that what he says is true in that post.

I knew one girl who was 20. After having her 6th child, she asked if her medicare covered a tubal ligation. They told her, "Not until your 21." So she waited until she was 21, and had a tubal done after giving birth to her 7th child. She gets so much in food stamps that she sells half of them.

When she quit working for me she said, "Yeah, i just make more money staying at home."

It is true. Politicians have secured their re-election by buying off our lowest class.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I agree, and you put it clearly. The excuse that it's cheap labor is so hypocritical when juxtaposed with the outrage over sweat shop factories or China in general. And if you argue that they have to come here because their country is falling apart, well take a guess why? Drug lords are usually financed through drugs, so...and how do you deal with drugs? By waging a "war" on it? Just look how great that's going in America.

And if you say that they deserve to come here because America was founded on immigration, then you should be working to make the immigration process smoother, rather than keeping them as undocumented and preventing cops from pointing them in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I propose that by not cracking down on illegal immigration that we condone slavery. And all of the people fighting to keep the illegals illegal support slavery.

Wow. Helluva statement right?

Yup. Sensationalism at its best. I don't condone illegal immigration either...but your argument does nothing but supply ammunition for those that do.

Calling it slavery is like calling a political figure "hitler" it's designed to stir emotion and destroy logic and common sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
op fail...
its a question of perspective.. the was once a time when the white man was a kinda if ilegal imigrent entering the usa... and if u go back for enough the native indians the same.. so... wats the big deal its not like its your country its not like you have lived there forever. look around you everyone you see has arrived there at somepoint. what makes u so special 2 judge. the reason ur contry is messed up is cas u have been living well beyond your means. stop blaming other people.

get a clue....x

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join