It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Hedges on Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I came across that "Live chat" on truthdig.com. I am a big fan of Chris Hedges since I read his book "Empire of Illusion". He is not on the left nor the right, he his a free thinker and don't bother deranging everybody.

We have to stop believing that we can effect change through established political or social organizations or electoral politics, and I think that still remains a huge hurdle for us people who in the end, through accommodation of fear and very clever advertising, are herded like sheep into a dysfunctional system, which is how so many people who should have known better voted for Obama. The environmental crisis that we’re about to face will be even more catastrophic than the economic, and we have to, on a personal level, reconsider how we relate to the society at large and to the ecosystem. We have both personal and social decisions to make. At this point most people are not willing to make those choices or take those steps.

Source: www.truthdig.com...

Enjoy your reading!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yeah I agree man...materialism has gone off the deep end...we should get back to being in harmony with nature and how we work around mother nature to let her take her course...

I think the aboriginal tribes had a good feel about balancing our works around nature...working with it instead against it...

new topics

join