It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratualtions MSM Media for helping to make MASSACRE possible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Update from one of the local papers
www.registercitizen.com...

article : MANCHESTER MASSACRE: Shooting suspect was caught stealing
From the article:

"MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — A warehouse driver about to lose his job after getting caught on video stealing beer from the distributorship where he worked went on a shooting rampage there Tuesday, killing eight people before committing suicide, authorities said."
-

"The gunman, a black man identified by a company executive as Omar Thornton, had complained of racial harassment and said he found a picture of a noose and a racial epithet written on a bathroom wall, the mother of his girlfriend said. Her daughter told her that Thornton's supervisors told him they'd talk to his co-workers. But a union official said Thornton had not filed a complaint of racism to the union or any government agency."
So he never made a formal complaint and was caught stealing on video.. This is just another example supporting my suspicion's the the MSM is running with the race issue at every oppurtunity ,as it is part of the agenda handed to them.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
If you only see Fox news or "the right" playing the race card, you are truly blind

well said my friend...

I honestly think that people need to wake up and realize that our government has been hijacked.. It is 2 seperate parties with the same agenda..both parties play it off so well so to lead the sheeple to believe that either party is on their side and it give them hope. it is the onlywaythere is not a complete overthrow of the government attempt.when all the chess peice's are in place certain heads will roll than they will have absolute control through the U.N.

just like Bush SR said "When we are successful, and we will be, we have a real chance at this new world order, an order in which a credible United Nations can use its peacekeeping role to fulfill the promise and vision of the UN's founders." -Jan 16 1991

Nothice how he cleary state's "Founder's???

Do a little research about Bush senior's ties to the the Majestic-12 and how they are the founder's of the U.N.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
Update from one of the local papers
www.registercitizen.com...

article : MANCHESTER MASSACRE: Shooting suspect was caught stealing
From the article:

"MANCHESTER, Conn. (AP) — A warehouse driver about to lose his job after getting caught on video stealing beer from the distributorship where he worked went on a shooting rampage there Tuesday, killing eight people before committing suicide, authorities said."
-

"The gunman, a black man identified by a company executive as Omar Thornton, had complained of racial harassment and said he found a picture of a noose and a racial epithet written on a bathroom wall, the mother of his girlfriend said. Her daughter told her that Thornton's supervisors told him they'd talk to his co-workers. But a union official said Thornton had not filed a complaint of racism to the union or any government agency."
So he never made a formal complaint and was caught stealing on video.. This is just another example supporting my suspicion's the the MSM is running with the race issue at every oppurtunity ,as it is part of the agenda handed to them.

~meathead

I'm glad you see this for what it is. With every instance they cry wolf over race, they lose credibility. When the idiot idol watchers are saying their sick of it, it should be a clue to the MSM.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b850b0608c2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1365b2bba0cd.jpg[/atsimg]

Race Wars

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The girlfriend speaks out:

Article : Girlfriend: Gunman was racially harassed, has proof

Link : www.registercitizen.com...

excerpt:

"Twenty-six-year-old Kristi Hannah told The Associated Press he showed her photos he took with his cell phone of a picture drawn on a bathroom wall. It was a stick figure with a noose around his neck and the N-word.

She says, another time, he was in a bathroom and held up his phone. She says she could hear a company official, in conversation with someone else and apparently unaware Thornton was in a stall. She says the officials said they were going to "get rid of" Thornton and used a racial epithet."

Ok I am not sure what to believe here. But my gut keeps telling me anyone could have drawn that picture on the wall, including an employee who has been under scrutiny for stealing. Why was that cell phone pic not submitted to the union and why did he make no formal complaint?

As far as her hearing co-workers using racial slurs, there is no recording, and she has no real way of knowing if it was a television in the back ground or a radio, or if he himself pretending to be someone else spoke the words.

My problem here is that anyone who is capable of brutally murdering that many people is certianly capable of lying.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree. Let's face it, certain people are notorious for inventing or at the least exaggerating their claims of racism. Again, the media has conditioned them to know this tactic can work to excuse their own actions.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Update:

Article : By STEPHEN SINGER
Associated Press Writer
"Hartford Distributors shooter was selling beer to 3rd party"

Link : www.registercitizen.com...

A beer distributorship stands in Manchester, Conn., Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2010. Earlier in the day, a warehouse driver who a union official said was caught on video stealing beer from the distributorship where he worked went on a shooting rampage, killing eight people and wounding two before committing suicide. Omar Thornton, 34, pulled a handgun after a meeting in which he had been offered the chance to quit or be fired, Manchester Police Chief Marc Montminy said. Among those killed was Thornton's union representative at the meeting. (AP Photo/Hartford Courant, Patrick Raycraft) ** MANDATORY CREDIT **

SOUTH WINDSOR, Conn. (AP) — The president of a beer distribution company says the employee who went on a shooting rampage there had been systematically stealing beer and selling it to a third party.

Ross Hollander, president of Hartford Distributors in Manchester, said the investigation into thefts by warehouse driver Omar Thornton led to a disciplinary hearing Tuesday in which Thornton was forced to resign.

Thornton then snapped, fatally shooting eight and wounding two others before killing himself.

His family and girlfriend say his anger was fueled by racism.

But Hollander said Thornton, who was black, had been "embraced as a member of our team" and that there had been no complaints by him or anyone else against the company for racism

I think the Race card was ineptly played on this one....

The guy was obviously not just stealing six packs. He was making a profit. I think the company was justified in firing him, and i think his response is deplorable, as well as the families and the MSM's attempt to make this about something it is not.

~meathead

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Gunman wishes he could have killed more ...

Story link

This is written as if it's proof of a lie by the management of the company that it was not race related. As far as the company goes, they may have had no idea this man felt that way.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

My problem here is that anyone who is capable of brutally murdering that many people is certianly capable of lying.

Well I sure am not going to say what this guy did was right, but bullying is involved in a fair amount of these shootings.

The recent UK shooting, some of the school shootings, etc.

Of course none of the people who are alive are going to say they bullied the guy or were racist to him. The fact of the matter is that this guy was so upset, and felt he was so unjustly treated that he was willing to kill a crap load of people over it.

That tells me there may be some fire where all this smoke is.

Your line of argument that just because he killed a lot of people makes him likely to be a liar is sorta crappy. Thats like saying that a kid who is being called names and pushed around in a bathroom at school who finally hits someone shouldnt be believed because they are violent. If you provoke some people enough, you can get them to snap. The fact that they snap may say something about them, but it doesnt logically follow that they are liars.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Seems to me like this guy was feeling his world fall in around him. Maybe he was reacting to losing his job, facing his family with failure, prospects of rebuilding too daunting, whatever. Someone hypersensitive would see racism everywhere. Combined this could have provided the right excuse in his mind. He was no rocket scientist, but certainly capable of this rationale.

My biggest problem is the media playing the race card and trying to somehow justify his actions because there was racism involved. It's absolutely no excuse, but if they start echoing this, it will diminish his responsibility because that's how we've been conditioned to react to racism. Black "victims" get the most mileage from these accusations and it angers people that are falsely accused and perpetuate the cycle even longer.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I am also opposed to the way the MSM plays the race card to divide the populace. However, racism really does happen in the US. And just because the MSM uses it to divide us, doesnt mean that in this particular case, this guy might not have really been a victim of racist bullying.

We dont know. What we DO know is that bullying plays a part in a fair number of these types of shootings. It is possible that he had been bullied in the past, and took everything said to him on this job "the wrong way" as some suggest. It is possible that he was hypersensitive. But, its also possible that he really was being harassed.

I tend to suspect, by the reports of his words after he finished shooting, that he really was feeling persecuted and harassed.

Clearly, he had other stuff going on in his life that contributed, and clearly you have to be of a certain psychological mindset to do something like this, but it seems pretty clear from the pain in his voice when he is talking about the people at work that he really did feel they were bullying or harassing him.

And who knows. He knew, and the people he shot knew. We dont.

Edit to add,

As for the diminishing responsibility part, I think everyone knows he is responsible for what he did. I think its important for bullies and would be bullies in the world to realize that its a dangerous game, tormenting others. There can be consequences for it, and I think that it is good for that part to hit the news. It might make someone think twice about pushing someone, and it might save some lives.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

IAG:

" Your line of argument that just because he killed a lot of people makes him likely to be a liar is sorta crappy. Thats like saying that a kid who is being called names and pushed around in a bathroom at school who finally hits someone shouldnt be believed because they are violent. If you provoke some people enough, you can get them to snap. The fact that they snap may say something about them, but it doesnt logically follow that they are liars. "

My line of arguement does not seem so "crappy" to me.
Your analogy about a boy being bullied does not take into account that this man was caught on video tape stealing.
He is a thief and a murderer, is it such a leap to wonder if he is a liar as well?

This is not meant to be arguementative. IAG I have come to respect you, and 9 out of ten times I agree with your posts.

Respectfully,

~meathead

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Is this the story you are refering to?

It was not race related the man was upset over being forced to resign.

~meathead

From the 911 call the assailant made:

"You probably want to know the reason why I shot this place up. This place is a racist place. They treat me bad over here. They treat all the other black people employees bad over here, too. So I took it into my hands ... I wish I could have got more of the people"

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

It just does not logically follow (hence the crappy argument part) that someone who will kill, or steal, is necessarily a liar when they say they are being harassed.

I have known quite a few people on a job who stole from the company. It was a shame, but the manager herself did it, and she actually tried to get as many hands into the action as she could to cover her own butt. Most of the people who did participate also felt that they were unfairly treated by the owner of the store.

Not everyone who felt unfairly treated stole, mind you, but virtually everyone who stole did feel the boss was horrible to them.

Clearly this guy was of a "revenge" mindset. His stealing could easily have been motivated by the same "revenge" thoughts that his murder was, (however wrong we may feel that logic is) and I think you need to look at the possible underlying motivations that drive behaviors, not just at the behaviors themselves.

When people feel wronged, and helpless to stop the wronging, it is not so unusual that they will do passive aggressive things like stealing, pissing in the coffee pot, (saw it on video) spitting in food, etc. to make themselves feel better.

People also steal just for the thing itself, it isnt always revenge, but just the fact that he stole does not mean that we should brush off his claim that he was being bullied. Stealing from a workplace you feel unfairly treated by is not unheard of. Its the same underlying reasoning that would lead you to kill your bullies, revenge, just escalated from passive aggressive to aggressive.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Because the MSM has overplayed the race card so often, they have little credibility to most people when it comes stories like this. They can't be trusted to offer a true picture of events because they've already demonstrated an orchestrated slant that is painfully obvious.

Many woke up to this when the left tried to demonize the Tea Party as racists. With a purely political agenda, Chris Matthews, Rachael Maddow, The Ed Show and others all echoed the same stories simultaneously. It was pathetic and angered millions of people that were in no way racists. The best they could do was single out a few incidents and hold them up as proof that the entire organization must be racist.

Along with the possibility of inciting weak minded people with this agenda, they also do a disservice to actual victims of racism because you can't unring a bell. It's little wonder they're losing their audience in droves to other media.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0

Along with the possibility of inciting weak minded people with this agenda, they also do a disservice to actual victims of racism because you can't unring a bell. It's little wonder they're losing their audience in droves to other media.

I agree. They do do a disservice to people who are legitimately victimized by racism by playing the race card too often and for stupid reasons.

I have argued this with people who make their living playing the race card, (sociologists) but they really dont care. Its how they make their living.

What I would ask people to do is not to believe everything they hear, nor to disbelieve everything they hear from the MSM. Both make you their pawn.

Instead, I would suggest that people look at what is presented to them, and then dig on their own for more information, and make up your own minds. We should not be blindly accepting or rejecting what is presented to us. We should be evaluating on our own, each instance independently of the others and drawing conclusion ourselves.

Thats the only way to be "free," to think and evaluate on your own.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Are we following the same story? He was caught stealing, confronted, and fired. He chased down an injured man who was begging for his life and put 2 bullets in his head then called 911 and said he wished he had killed more. But of course you're right the media certainly shouldn't mention race, Fox news always lies, and it was everyone else in the company that were racest not the thief and murderer...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by tspark]

www.myfoxny.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by tspark]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Geraldo at Large from Fox news is asking this very question specifically and includes guests Al Sharpton and Ken Blackwell (former sec of state).

Basically just a fluff piece with no real hard questions or confrontations but at least he asked it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join