It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

You are kind of leaving out details we have already gone over.

The margin is a little lower -- 56 percent to 33 percent -- when the question is asked just of city residents.

As has been stated, the community where the center is being build approves. The farther you get from the community, the more opposition you find. I am one of the NYers in that 61% and I am over 300 miles away. You do see the problem here, correct? You do see this has all been covered already as well, right?

[edit on 10-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
dnainfo.com... Dated July 1st. I couldn't find anything more recent though.

Here dated July 27th
dnainfo.com...
This is

Mosque Opponents Plan Protest on 9/11 Near Ground Zero

LOWER MANHATTAN — Opponents of the mosque and community center near Ground Zero are planning a large protest for this year's 9/11 anniversary.

"This is a solemn protest," Geller wrote on the SIOA website. "Please, no inflammatory signs."

I see that everyone uses the same picture of the proposed mosque, not just a selected few who want to make the building look ominous.

Look, this is not just a Manhattan issue. Although they live there, they don't own it.

I would love to accept it! I would love to go back to sleep but I can't.
I would love to be 110% in favor of the mosque but Rauf makes it difficult for the ones who wish to keep an open mind to this.

No matter how you slice it, this man of peace is not here to help us to understand this better. And that is what I've been trying to do.

On the one hand, in regards to our laws, it's in the bag. The mosque is approved.
Why then is this man of peace and tolerance causing such a division?
I ask why he is not responsible enough to help America understand?
When others speak for him, it's just that, others speaking for him.
I ask why Rauf is not responsible enough to speak for himself.
There is no excuse.
Americans are left to deal with this the best we can, I assume when we have beat each other into a pulp, then he will return.

I truly do wish I could understand and follow the herd but I can't go back to sleep.

Thank you,
sweetliberty

[edit on 10-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Doctor Smith

Originally posted by Doctor Smith
If I didn't have to wear a diaper on my head and pray 5 times a day I would seriously consider changing over. Because the team I'm on right now is just too soft and stupid.

I agree with the diaper, but the team is by no means soft or stupid.......Check out one of my previous posts on the subject....It's the fourth post of mine on the page. Here is the link below..........

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

NY governor offers help moving ground zero mosque

A Marist College poll released Tuesday found that 53 percent of New York City voters polled oppose constructing the mosque there. Just 34 percent favored the plan in the poll, which also showed a slide in Bloomberg's traditional high approval ratings.

The Marist poll surveyed 696 New York City voters July 28 through Aug. 5 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

This looks like a fresh news article.

It's a nice gesture on Paterson's part but then this would involve using more taxpayer money for the project.

The Construction Workers will hold the ultimate trump card.

[edit on 10-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I think the people are sending a message.

Too bad the great minds of ATS want to say most people are coming at this from a religious pov. (note, the great minds and the attention seekers)

If they don't get things there way the bigots with the name calling will come out in droves. Im glad I don't have to resort to that. I can see further into this than past my nose and the hate.

I have to leave at the moment but I will be back soon to say hello.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Funny how these same Americans are willing to stampede on others constitutional rights but it is unacceptable to stomp on theirs. This is a nice case of hypocrisy.

Say as you will about not being bigots, but I call them like I see them. FYI, I am not a Muslim, I used to live in Iraq as a Christian and endured much pain and hardships because of some Muslims. If I can see this as bigotry how can you turn a blind eye?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
I think the people are sending a message.

Too bad the great minds of ATS want to say most people are coming at this from a religious pov. (note, the great minds and the attention seekers)

How is this not a religious issue? Who is complaining about the fact that these people are just building a pool? All I see are complaints about the fact that it is a MUSLIM center. How do you take religion out of that discussion?

If they don't get things there way the bigots with the name calling will come out in droves. Im glad I don't have to resort to that.

You mean like calling people bigots? Like you just did? Right there in that other sentence? Is that the "name calling" you are talking about?

I can see further into this than past my nose and the hate.

What do you see there?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Hey you're back.

We're all on the other mosque thread, where've ya been?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

Hey you're back.

We're all on the other mosque thread, where've ya been?

Reading the threads that catch my eye lest I be accused of stalking or a one issue horse.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
islam.about.com...

The list is unconfirmed and gathered from news articles, but I think it shows the extent of muslim victims that were killed in 9/11.

As muslims were killed in 9/11, of which was carried out by the government for secret societies... I have no problem with a mosque or islamic centre being built nearby, just as I would have no problem with a church or synagogue. A freemason temple on the other hand...

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well Hello Adevoc Satanae, I see you've been playing rough today (battle wounds and two of them, yikes). I had a red rear for a few days (was kind of a turn on after a while but I don't want that again anytime soon, lmao edit to add: it was worth it though
).

I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't make sense to me why "Christians" are being bashed so much.

There are "bad" people and there are not "bad" people (insert whatever group you wish)....

So if someone opposes the mosque being built near ground zero, they are automatically labeled and slaughtered.
That's a heck of a lot of hate people have for Christians!

Thanks

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Well Hello Adevoc Satanae, I see you've been playing rough today (battle wounds and two of them, yikes). I had a red rear for a few days (was kind of a turn on after a while but I don't want that again anytime soon, lmao edit to add: it was worth it though
).

Political trolling warnings apparently give two stickers so it is not as cool as it looks.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it doesn't make sense to me why "Christians" are being bashed so much.

When and where are you referring to?

There are "bad" people and there are not "bad" people (insert whatever group you wish)....

You are right. Do you mean to exclude Muslims, though?

So if someone opposes the mosque being built near ground zero, they are automatically labeled and slaughtered.

What label have I given you and when is the funeral?

I guess I really do not understand what Christianity has to do with any of this.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Not all Christians oppose the mosque. And not all people who oppose the mosque are Christian.

I keep seeing these claims being made about people who oppose the mosque being bashed or even "labeled and slaughtered", but I'm not seeing the bashing. I think it's more misdirection, frankly.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I guess I don't understand what Christianity has to do with this either but it's on the board on a regular basis, I don't need to look it up.
I wasn't talking "about" you when I replied sorry you took it that way.

May I ask your opinion on something?

If I didn't vote, didn't pay taxes, and I deny the Constitution, basically un-American...... should I have a say on this subject?

That question wasn't "about" you, it's just a question in general.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I guess I don't understand what Christianity has to do with this either but it's on the board on a regular basis, I don't need to look it up.

I still have no clue what you are talking about. Can you maybe point me to the places on this board you see this?

I wasn't talking "about" you when I replied sorry you took it that way.

Fair enough then.

May I ask your opinion on something?

If I didn't vote, didn't pay taxes, and I deny the Constitution, basically un-American...... should I have a say on this subject?

I am not sure I am in any position to decide on what criteria you should or should not have a say but you have to keep in mind that your "say" is weighted by the value of your actual concern in the matter. According to the things you just listed, it does not impact you in any way so you are having your say for what reason?

That question wasn't "about" you, it's just a question in general.

Thanks

Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

What I mean is, if I was a regular member on here (ATS) bragging about not paying taxes, not voting, not partaking in the census, and I explain that the Constitution of the United States is just a way for people to lie or it's an illusion of freedom, and notions of the Constitution, that is simply kept alive to keep the locals (sheep) from getting too fidgety.

Then when I think it will suit my agenda, all of the sudden Im throwing the Constitution at you. Even going so far as to call you names that are un-American.
I was just thinking that those who take free rides on this Land should contribute more than insults to what America stands for, well, until it fits their agenda.

I wonder if they should have a voice in the mosque in question

Oh, they don't call theirselves American either, just human.

Thanks

[edit on 13-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Well all I can say is that I agree. Like I said, I cannot stop anyone from saying anything they want to but whether or not what they say is actually considered is a different story. As for the types you speak of, and I know what you mean, I feel their opinion on such things is about as worthwhile as they seem. I almost put them down on the same level as the people in Tennessee trying to tell me how people in New York should feel about what happens in New York.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Thank you for your opinion

I appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Isn't there a mosque four blocks away from ground zero that was there before the WTC was even built?

Hmmm....this either proves this whole argument is stupid and completely against American values or.....OH MY GOD THEY PLANNED IT ALL ALONG!!!

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join