It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Just caught your post Antonia. I'm glad your husband sees eye to eye with me. I've been deployed to Stan three times and Iraq once, though my deployments were generally shorter-term than many in the Army, Air Force, Marines and Navy. Due to the nature of my work I was generally in-country for about 4 months at a time.

Tell your husband I said to keep his head down, make sure he comes back to you in one piece.

It's funny how after doing battle in Middle-Eastern countries, I feel more empathetic and sympathetic to people from that culture. I've also spent some time in UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, though those were personal trips, not military commissioned. As demonized as Arabic culture has become in our media and daily lives in the U.S., they are some of the kindest and most caring people I have ever met. They possess many traits (such as forgiveness, hospitality and TRUE loyalty and friendship) that I only wish we would have more of at home.

Take it easy, tell the hubby good luck.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I am not against religion, I do believe in this being a country that offers freedom in religion, I dont have a issue with places of worship, but when it comes to the land where our country was attacked, our men shed their blood and our families lost one of their own....I dont think any one religion is what is in need for, on that land.

Our country stands for 'divided we fall' as well as 'freedom'.

Religions divide us, if we allow them to.

We must think carefully, for our future. We must make choices, that will lead our country in a direction like no other.

It would not matter what religion was chosen, if it is ONLY ONE....we have walls between us.

We could make leaps here, in this moment, with this situation. That would involve building the largest complex in the world....for all religions. A place to brake bread, despite the differences. A place where all faiths can congregate, and start to be the light they all believe they are here to be.

In the place that our men died, who were of many faiths Im sure, we should have a place of many faiths, shining all colors of all of our men.

It would be not only a message to the families who lost someone, not only to our country reminding the people what this land is of, but also, to the world....showing them that we dont need ONE RELIGION to build a place of congregation and praise. We, as a country, are better then that.

Make a voice to the world....make leaps...its time for us to do things like that...again.

Many people will always visit the ground zero area. We should take that fact and make it a place where all is welcome, even their faith.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Out of respect or honor we let MANY mosques stand in Iraq even though they were known to harbor weapons caches or insurgents. They were off limits!

So in return they cannot forego ONE! Yes they have the right. They should also have the respect to not build. That is if there intent was pure.

Not all Muslims are terrorist, but so far all the terrorist have been Muslims. If we had a man in the white house he would procure the property, level it and put a post box there.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by nocents]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents
Not all Muslims are terrorist, but so far all the terrorist have been Muslims.

When people say things like that it is kind of like saying "ignore everything else I have to say because I have no useful information on anything for anyone about anything."

Even the least informed among you knows that there are terrorists of many religions.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

You are correct. But only on the last line. All else I stand behind.
Radical anything is dangerous. But with rights come responsibilities.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by nocents]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacetowel
This might have already been mentioned but there is a mosque near Ground Zero already and it has been there for a long time.

www.masjidmanhattan.com...

A curious disclaimer attached to your linked web -page for that NY Mosque/

DISCLAIMER:

Please be advised that we are by no means affiliated with any other organization trying to build anything new in the area of downtown Manhattan.

LINK

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I read an article somewhere that said they wanted to exist in peace and not be associated with any of the controversy and turmoil being made of this. A sentiment which my sister and many New Yorkers seem to be echoing.

I'll see if I can dig up the link.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muftanan

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
Do you really wish for God to destroy me because I do not adhere your specific beliefs about God?

Originally posted by muftanan
Great job twisting words. And no, I never said that. The Quran isn't my words. God's talking about His own Curse. I don't really care what others believe so long as they don't bother me, but I pray that God guides you.

Now, if you think the Quran is cursing you, then let me tell you, you have a choice in life. If you choose to continue spreading and following others' lies without thinking, then maybe God will curse you. I don't know. Only God knows, and only He decides what He does.

Thanks for making your ignorance apparent. I'll be back later tonight if you want to continue.

I fail to see how I am twisting words here. It's plain and simple in my eyes. You corrected the translation, then you say they are not your words but they are Gods words.

So which is it? You can't have it both ways. You either believe in those words of your God or else you don't.

This is why there is so much mistrust of Muslims in America.......This is why the Mosque at Ground Zero is so controversial.

The translation reads ...."may God destroy them." ....(Christians and Jews who believe that God has a son.).....not because they were persecuting Muslims.

And just whose lies am I spreading??????....Whose lies am I following??????....and if God curses me, I will welcome it. No one who believes in him will be disappointed.

But by your own words you say that God will destroy me because I believe that Jesus is his son. Whose ignorance is really apparent here?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I read an article somewhere that said they wanted to exist in peace and not be associated with any of the controversy and turmoil being made of this. A sentiment which my sister and many New Yorkers seem to be echoing.

I'll see if I can dig up the link.

This was also posted on that Manhattan Mulsim website .

Masjid Manhattan and its members condemn any type of terrorist acts. In particular, the attacks of 9/11 where non-Muslims as well as Muslims lost their lives.
Islam always invites for peace; therefore Islam is not responsible for the actions of some ill individuals who, independently from what Islam advocates, have hatred against humanity.

As Muslims and as Americans, we will never forget the beloved ones who perished that terrible day of September 11, 2001.

link

This has certainly become something much larger than just a Muslim Center/Mosque issue ...... .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those who oppose the proposed Mosque:

What distance do you deem acceptable for the placement of this Mosque and by what criteria did you arrive at that figure ?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Please see my edited reply.
Sorry if i was not clear.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

To those who oppose the proposed Mosque: What distance do you deem acceptable for the placement of this Mosque and by what criteria did you arrive at that figure ?

I am against any ONE religion building there.

I believe my reasons to be sound and valid.

Let the religions come together, show us they mean peace and love.

I say it be for all faiths, or none. Simple as that. Its time to start knocking down these thousand year old walls. It will get us no where, if we support freedom of religion, we should also support there being a place where all religions are welcome.

Those that wish to remain divided, will. Those that wish for peace and finding common grounds amongst their own kind, will.

I am totally against one religion representing the land that many men of many faiths died on.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Please see my edited reply.
Sorry if i was not clear.

You mean the addition of "so far?"

That does not make it any more correct though. So your point is still lost under the fact that there have indeed been plenty of non-mulsim terrorsits. How far back would you like to go?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

I am against any ONE religion building there.

I think the question should be repeated as I was about to ask myself.

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
To those who oppose the proposed Mosque:

What distance do you deem acceptable for the placement of this Mosque and by what criteria did you arrive at that figure ?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

No I added far more.
I think we need to go no further back to 9/11. What else is relevant to this issue?
I conceded radical anything being dangerous. Certainly we could go to the shore of Tripoli, but the use would be? To derail?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i have no problems with what leovirgo proposes in fact i would support it.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

No I added far more.
I think we need to go no further back to 9/11. What else is relevant to this issue?
I conceded radical anything being dangerous. Certainly we could go to the shore of Tripoli, but the use would be? To derail?

I do not see the point of saying "all" for any reason then. Even since 9/11 there has been terror in the name of other than Islam extremists. That is my point. You make a statement that is far from accurate and does nothing but promote an atmosphere of fear for no good reason. It is a ridiculous thing to say and it still takes away from anything else you were trying to add. Sorry but not all terrorists have been Muslim, not even in the last 10 years. There is no reason to say such a thing.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

wow. i don't know how i feel about this. i really don't know. how am i suppose to know even 1/2 the variables of this planet's social engineering mechanisms when i only listen to what the same social engineering mechanisms feed me?

if i'm against this, i guess it would be ok to build a mosque near ground zero, just a few more miles eastward, though.

if i'm for this, then let them buld their mosque, and move new york city a few miles westward.

maybe that will clear up some contraversy?

sorry, i'm not supplied with the words to describe my personal feelings about this. now, 9 years into WWIII (Global war on terror) look where we are.

let them build their mosque, and put up a synague a few blocks from president of iran, mahmoud's house, too.

those books people fight over and about? ya, same authors me thinks.

koran: chapter 9 verse 11 = "...and we make communications clear..."
bible: chapter 11 verse 9 = "...and god so confused and confounded the languages...."

ya, just a coinky dink that one book's 9-11 says the exacts opposite of the other book's 11-9.

not only are we fighting over nothing, but now we have (taxes from numerous governments) spent more than $10 BILLION dollars at the CERN place with that Hadron Collider thingy to prove that some particle(s) that have no mass and no structure actually exist?

wow, we are really paying attention to the important stuff, aren't we?

spending 10 billion on nothing? when my senses sorta tell me we are surrounded by it all around our planet.

ah, maybe it's just nothing,
et

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
i have no problems with what leovirgo proposes in fact i would support it.

Even Satan worshipers?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
even satan worshippors have the right to religious freedoms however i do draw the line at sacrificing virgins so i do think that part is illegal and unethical a beautiful woman is a terrible thing to waste.

and before everyone jumps on my case there are over 90 mosques in nyc

im against building that ONE there build it somewhere else

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
even satan worshippors have the right to religious freedoms however i do draw the line at sacrificing virgins so i do think that part is illegal and unethical a beautiful woman is a terrible thing to waste.

But ugly ones and rape victims would be ok?

and before everyone jumps on my case there are over 90 mosques in nyc

im against building that ONE there build it somewhere else

So...HOW FAR AWAY IS OK?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join