It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
if and when this project starts, many of the construction workers will be the same ones that removed bodies and parts from rubble of the towers

I don't know what it would take to defile a mosque to unusable. but i can promise you that there will be a lot of bacon sandwiches on that site. Hell there will be enough pork in the walls that every time a light switch is flipped a whiff of bbq will come from the wall.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by nocents]

link   

Originally posted by neo96
thats the last time anyone calls me ignorant- get out of my thread if you dont like what i have to say.

ME? Not likely. I'm not here to insult you. I want you to expand your mind to things other than thew MSM. I'm here to help you. Why else would I bother?

link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

Originally posted by Shark VA84

Really, and you are an expert on the Qur'an?

Yes I am.

please Sheik, enlighten us on the wisdom and teaching of this holy book, seriously, I implore you to make this text more clear to us. My guess is you could not recite a single, not ONE SINGLE G-D scripture, heck, even one sentence from the Qur'an, yet you seem to know what it is trying to teach us. Thank you for your intelligent and unbiased remarks.

Which G-D sentence would you like for me to recite?

Your avatar says a lot about your mentality, and I would honestly question your IQ level after the statement(s) you have just made.

As does yours, and I would honestly question your service to this country in Afghanistan as the IQ level required for enlistment is at least average or above.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

My husband, who has been to Afghanistan once (and will be leaving for the country again this week) and Iraq twice heartily agrees with you. There are Muslims in the army. There are some in his company. ya'll are gonna freak out when you hear this, but there is a mosque on base.

I think it's a slap in the face to every Muslim that has died in defense of this country if that mosque doesn't go up.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by antonia]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
intrepid all im trying to do here get you to open your eyes to the evil of men

for the record calling people ignorant is an insult.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Sorry, but you are ignorant. Your baseless assumptions about mosques and the victims of 9/11 prove it. If you can't handle criticism, don't make such a bold thread without researching what you're discussing. And one last thing, should we stop building churches in the US because of all the Christian terrorists attacking abortion centers?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

You are right SheeplFlavoredAgain, what can I say to that

You see, you spoke logically and from the heart, yet you didn't come across as a quitter or that everything is hopeless (so shut up) attitude.
You didn't shove anything down my throat, demean me, the Muslims, neo or act like a know it all god/ess of ats. I hear you and I agree.

BUT

Could you expand a little further for me please?

What about the voices of the families of 911? Are they truly being heard? Is the MSM doing their job and speaking for all sides and fairly? (no need to answer that question!)

I threw those questions out there to ask you this.

Are we (The City of NY, the Muslims who propose this plan, everyone who is reading this)
....so hell bent on WHO is right that they lose tough with humanity so much so that they can't discuss this rationally and calmly like we are? That the agenda of the Muslims in question and you and I, to show love, peace and harmony, has to be so much greater than that of compassion and decency?

Who is sticking up for the them? Who is speaking for them?

Them as in the Americans, Muslims, anyone who's family paid such a deep price and there are many out there.

Do we point them towards therapy and medication and shove down their throats how it's the right thing to do for the sake of "freedom of religion" do we tell them who is right?

So the mosque will be built, ok, accepted.

That will represent different meanings to different people, positive and negative.

Are we so snipping greedy and hardened that we can't come to a better solution for the sake of many who are deeply scared?

Even if it was the Muslims only, I wish someone would do what is humane.

Had the Muslims taken charge and said they would back off, I would convert at that very moment.
We have no heroes, no genuine leaders, Muslims or American.
I hope the hearts of the victims don't harden like the hearts of many in America.

Unless spoken to I will back off, thank you FluffySheeplFlavoredAgain, your kind and logical words have helped me so I can begin to build on something.

Best Regards,
sweetliberty

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
get out of my thread now. i can handle criticism.

and theres proof of what im saying its always the evil christain churches and everyone turns a blind eye to other religious fanatics.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

intrepid all im trying to do here get you to open your eyes to the evil of men

I'm just trying to show you the truth man. 99% of Muslims would rather live in peace than discord. I think that's actually higher, maybe 99.6%.

for the record calling people ignorant is an insult.

That was not an insult friend, it was an observation. Ignorant means "unknowing". I'm just trying to help you with what you probably don't know.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

OK, Shaykh, enlighten us on the Qur'an.

Specifically Surah Baqarah, Ayah 256 (2:256)

Here's a rough translation:

There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right path has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in false deities and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is All-Hearing and All-Knowing.

The first phrase: Laa ikraaha fi ad-deeni

Please tell me the significance of using the nasb form, for the word "ikraaha" (which, since you likely don't speak arabic, means "compulsion") rather than the rafa' form, which would be "ikraahu" instead of "ikraaha."

And, if you don't know, then sorry, you don't understand the Qur'an at all. That one change in letter changes the meaning, and translations don't really account for such nuances of the arabic language.

Also, tell me if this verse was revealed in Mecca or Medina, and why this is significant, considering the circumstances surrounding its revelation.

Thank you!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by muftanan]

[edit on 3-8-2010 by muftanan]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
99% may want to live in peace im talking about that 1% it was that 1% who were responsible for 9-11.

and that 1% is in every mosque in the world

[edit on 3-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sorry, I'm not leaving. You should tell the ignorant bigots to leave instead. Might actually gain something that way.

Also, I'm just pointing out people's hypocrisy. I don't think churches are any more evil than mosques. Actually, both are extremely peaceful places. There are fanatics in all religions, but no one should punish the religion for their actions.

link   
reply to post by intrepid

Originally posted by intrepid
I have my doubts here. I have no doubt that you've read the Qu'ran but I have doubt that you understand it. Jihad, means "struggle". Not an overt one but one within ones self. The Qu'ran is basically a message as to how to live your personal life. It's been jacked by some to mean other things but hasn't any ancient text? History has proven that.

Thanks for being civil, unlike some of the posters on this thread. I really appreciate it.......And yes, I have read the Qur'an. And yes, there is no doubt that it has been hijacked. But at its core, it is diametrically opposed to anyone who does not adhere to its principals.......specifically Christians and Jews.

link   
reply to post by neo96

There are millions of Mulsim American citizens. What are you trying to tell them? They do not get the same rights as other Americans? What should their response be? Think they will all pack up and go to another country? These are AMERICANS I am speaking of. They are here. They are a part of this country "freedom of religion" yadda yadda just like you.

You now have the floor. Please address them all and tell them what exactly your message is and then I would like to know what you expect the response should be and what it would be.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
reply to post by neo96

There are millions of Mulsim American citizens. What are you trying to tell them? They do not get the same rights as other Americans? What should their response be? Think they will all pack up and go to another country? These are AMERICANS I am speaking of. They are here. They are a part of this country "freedom of religion" yadda yadda just like you.

You now have the floor. Please address them all and tell them what exactly your message is and then I would like to know what you expect the response should be and what it would be.

how many times do you want me to say the same thing?
how many different ways do you want me to put it?

if you can read and obviously you can you know where i stand.

hell i dont care make up whatever you want to

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

99% may want to live in peace im talking about that 1% it was that 1% who were responsible for 9-11.

and that 1% is in every mosque in the world

[edit on 3-8-2010 by neo96]

What percentage of Catholic priests are also rapists?
What percentage of cops are criminals?
What percentage of ATS internet expert opinion givers are ignorant buffoons to ignorant to know the difference between "ignorant" and "stupid?"
What percentage of government officials are corrupt?
What percentage of medical workers are sociopaths?

We can go on like this. I am trying to understand your logic.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
what percentaage of ats posters dont know when to shut up and move on?

man im done with you

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

how many times do you want me to say the same thing?

Once. Being the first time I asked this question, just once is really all I need. This is usually referred to as "the first time."

how many different ways do you want me to put it?

Just one. Any one you like but at least one would be better than nothing.

if you can read and obviously you can you know where i stand.

I am not interested in where you stand. That has been covered and done with. My questions are subsequent and different. Can you read?

hell i dont care make up whatever you want to

Maybe you should refrain from trying to run a thread until you can have an actual discussion. What am I going to make up? How does my making something up explain what your response will be? What planet is this?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

87.3%

man im done with you

It really upsets you say ignorant hateful things for no reason and people on ATS question them doesn't it? I think, like many of your ilk here, you really just want a blog. There is no shortage of free blog hosting sites online where you can say all the stupid things you like and you do can allow comments and edit out any that ask you questions as that seems to really be an issue.

Is the point of this thread to discuss anything or just to express your hatred without question?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

87.3%

man im done with you

It really upsets you say ignorant hateful things for no reason and people on ATS question them doesn't it? I think, like many of your ilk here, you really just want a blog. There is no shortage of free blog hosting sites online where you can say all the stupid things you like and you do can allow comments and edit out any that ask you questions as that seems to really be an issue.

Is the point of this thread to discuss anything or just to express your hatred without question?

and your opinion means exactly jack shjt to me

i think you pretty much described yourself there in those 2 posts.

mods feel free to do your your thing i think i crossed that manners and decorum there.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join