mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Some of those defending the construction of the Mosque have quite obviously never bothered to take the time to even read or understand the Koran.

The rest are no doubt rolling their eyes laughing at our ignorance and tolerance.

You are 100% correct. If this thing gets built there will be more attacks by Muslims against the United States, and every other country whose citizens currently enjoy freedom.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
for crying out loud what better place to recruit than a 2 minute walk from the fruits of their labors the symbol of everything they want to do to us.

Or it can be a reminder to Muslims what can happen when a religion gets used for nefarious reasons. Think on that.

link   

problem not solved.

did you even read the entire article?

No, I read the entire WIKIPEDIA ENTRY.

and if you sit there and think that hamas,hezbollah,iran,saudi arent gonna be funding that place think agian. ( those are luciditys private investors)

So not only do you know the future but you can make claims like that about another poster on ATS? I think you have jumped the shark.

for crying out loud what better place to recruit than a 2 minute walk from the fruits of their labors the symbol of everything they want to do to us.

Maybe any of the other hundred mosques in NYC including the one in the area another poster pointed out above.

this is a conspriacy site man and this is my conspiracy theory that that mosque can and will be used agianst us for no other reason to see what they have and can accomplish when they want to.

So this is your paranoid delusion and you feel ATS should cater to it no matter how lacking in facts or reality it is? Have you seen BTS?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

good read there

Have any "facts" not subject to change every couple minutes?

(cur | prev) 22:27, 3 August 2010 (talk) (55,014 bytes) (The ADL does not oppose the Islamic center in lower Manhattan.) (undo)

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
reply to post by neo96

Some of those defending the construction of the Mosque have quite obviously never bothered to take the time to even read or understand the Koran.

I find it hard to believe you have read it or understood it so what is the point in making a blanket statement about people you know nothing about?

The rest are no doubt rolling their eyes laughing at our ignorance and tolerance.

Yes, tolerance is something to be laughed at. We are so stupid to be tolerant.

You are 100% correct. If this thing gets built there will be more attacks by Muslims against the United States, and every other country whose citizens currently enjoy freedom.

Based on what? How will this mosque create even one more attack on against the US?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Really, and you are an expert on the Qur'an?

please Sheik, enlighten us on the wisdom and teaching of this holy book, seriously, I implore you to make this text more clear to us. My guess is you could not recite a single, not ONE SINGLE G-D scripture, heck, even one sentence from the Qur'an, yet you seem to know what it is trying to teach us. Thank you for your intelligent and unbiased remarks.

Your avatar says a lot about your mentality, and I would honestly question your IQ level after the statement(s) you have just made.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by neo96

You are misinformed and childish. Sorry for the name calling, but you are out of your element. Don't go around speaking for everyone who's "lost someone on 9/11 or in Afghanistan."

I've fought in Afghanistan on multiple deployments and have lost more in terms of myself and my brothers than you could ever realize. It is not a slap in the face to me or my people what-so-ever. And as for your little disclaimer of "not bashing the religion"...well yes you are.

A Mosque is a place of worship and solitude. Do you really think a large percentage of American Mosques funnel money into extremist militia groups? If so, then you are ignorant, and I have been bred to deny you on ATS.

To be honest, everyone that is so against this Mosque represents the ignorance, hatred and fat-ass idiocy that is festering in the United States. I'm sorry if you find it insulting, but I find it insulting that so many of you seem to think you know what is on everyone else' mind. This type of idiotic, knee-jerk reactionary stance leaves me sad to have fought for this nation at times. You all talk about "denying ignorance" and the "MSM", yet your anti-Islam points of view play right into the game that these entities have been playing. You shouldn't be threatened by a religion, culture or building that you know absolutely nothing about. Reading wikipedia to inform yourself on Islam and the complicated cultures of the Middle-East is not good enough.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

childish and ignorant eh and your not sorry for it.

a mosque is a place of worship and tolerance eh they have been used for other things.

and if there were more childish annd ignorant people in your government like me doing thier jobs instead of their hands being tied you would have never been in afghanistan.

and futhermore where do you get off judging me.

yeah its shjt you there and its shjt what you have gone through you decided to put that uniform on man YOU did noone made you and if you had no clue of what that actually meant you should have never joined.

im glad there are people like you in the military im glad we have a military and i do thank you for your service.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

islamic radiicals have never taken the time to read or understand the koran either pal.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

yeah, well, there are a few key statements in your OP that just boil my blood, homeboy.

"this is a slap in the face to every single person whove lost friends and family on 9-11 and if afghanistan"

Would be the first and foremost. This is where I believe you are out of your element, as you do not reserve the right to speak for any of these people.

"it is a FACT mosques are use to recruit the radicals
it is a FACT mosques are uses to funnel money to radical groups."

Would be another...it is a FACT that Churches have stolen, raped and murdered people for almost 2,000 years now, but since most Americans are Christian, they know that not ALL churches are guilty of these charges. Anyone with any multicultural understanding and any logic would also understand that a majority of Mosques do not funnel money to "terrorists."

"this has nothing to do with religious freedoms this is a about giving the extremists a place so close to hallowed ground."

Another example of ignorance that got under my skin. You assume that the members of this Mosque are extremists without any base or reference.

Nothing personal brother, I don't hold grudges, but you will have to understand my willingness to become aggressive when information such as this is presented to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

islamic radiicals have never taken the time to read or understand the koran either pal.

Thank you for understanding that. Now, why should an Islam site be rejected because of these tools?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

I find it hard to believe you have read it or understood it so what is the point in making a blanket statement about people you know nothing about?

I've read it, and more importantly, I understand it. Have you bothered to read it? And more importantly, do you understand it?

Yes, tolerance is something to be laughed at. We are so stupid to be tolerant.

When somebody uses a persons kindness as weakness and exploits them because of it, they usually will laugh at them also.

Based on what? How will this mosque create even one more attack on against the US?

People who are emboldened by a weak enemy will usually escalate their aggressions.

link   

There ya go. Get lippy with people that agree with your insanity. That always helps. I have to ask what part of the country you reside in that this is of such great concern to you, Neo. Proximity plays a role here as you talk abour recruiting and all that. Obviously a mosque in NYC is not going to recruit from rural Alabama somewhere so I have to ask how close to this mosque and its recruiting your brain is.

link   
this aint about churchs stop making it bout them.

out of my element i swear one more person tell mes this then @@#$#@$ !

the only thing im here to do is post my opinion same as you

your free to do whatever.

and im not the only who feels the same you look at any poll and the majority agree with me.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I've read it, and more importantly, I understand it.

No you did not. No one that read and understood it would make the mistake of spelling it "Koran."

Have you bothered to read it? And more importantly, do you understand it?

Not all of it, no. I certainly understood what I read.

When somebody uses a persons kindness as weakness and exploits them because of it, they usually will laugh at them also.

Laugh at whom? The person taking advantage or the person being kind? Who is "we?" Your missuse of pronouns only further validates my claim that you understood little of anything you claim to have read.

People who are emboldened by a weak enemy will usually escalate their aggressions.

I asked for solid evidence that this mosque will lead to attacks, not your paranoid fearful idea based on nothing.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I will be leaving now, as it is obvious our logic will never see eye-to-eye if you catch my drift.

Do you honestly not see how the quotes I pulled from your OP come off as not opinion, but your own little facts?

Your opinion is always welcome, but don't take offense when people with some experience decide to call you out on some of those statements/opinions. and this is about churches. A Church and a Mosque exist for the same purpose.

If you would like to further our conversation, please respond to my previous post in full, otherwise I wish you and yours well into the future as I reach for the ignore button.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

I've read it, and more importantly, I understand it.

I have my doubts here. I have no doubt that you've read the Qu'ran but I have doubt that you understand it. Jihad, means "struggle". Not an overt one but one within ones self. The Qu'ran is basically a message as to how to live your personal life. It's been jacked by some to mean other things but hasn't any ancient text? History has proven that.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

and im not the only who feels the same you look at any poll and the majority agree with me.

Well, you're a winner. You can go home now knowing that you're in the majority. Sleep well in your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I am on-board, if this guy has read the "Koran" (hahaha) and understands it, then I have read Webster's dictionary and memorized it.

Not trying to gang up on you over here pal, it is just obvious that you have never read the Qur'an, and most likely never will. It does seem, however, that you will make ignorant and hateful statements about it and the practitioners of Islam without ever taking the time to truly relate to and understand either.

You boys keep up the good work, I think I'm packing up and moving out of this thread before I get banned.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Stopping the construction of a Mosque will not prevent terrorist attacks. It seems like people think it would be used as a base of operations. A Mosque is a place of worship just like churches, synagogues or temples. One that also attracts a large amount of attention due to societies current paranoia of the religion in question. Terrorist will continue working out of their basements like they usually do.

I feel sorry for the Muslim population as a whole. A bunch of idiots declare war on western society and everyone else has everything they ever do questioned.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
thats the last time anyone calls me ignorant- get out of my thread if you dont like what i have to say.

personal attack of personal attack and everyone tries to sugar coat calling someone stupid.

for real it needs to end.

anyone who has different ideas than you is always stupid-
stupid this stupid that.

every time you people start that shjt you need to get lost.

show me the same damn respect i have given every single one of you

[edit on 3-8-2010 by neo96]

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

ATS Live After Midnight IS ON-AIR! (there are 33 minutes remaining).
AFTER MIDNIGHT: 151: You Don't Know...

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def