learn more

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Miracles happen everyday

I didn't come across a more recent article yet but I will search further on this.

www.nbcnewyork.com...
New Yorkers Oppose Ground Zero Mosque

Now I didn't add the words "ground zero" it is from the article.

L is for Love, Life and good reddens.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

And there were no Muslims in the Twin Towers when they were hit?

you mean other than the 19 hijackers?

Yes. 1 in 5 people on the planet are Muslims. In a cosmopolitan center like NY it would be ignorant to think that some of the over 3000 people killed weren't Muslims. Did you think about that?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
and the hidden meaning of the name Cordoba house,
www.redstate.com...

Did the groups behind the “Ground Zero mosque” / Cordoba House / Park51 chose the site explicitly for its proximity to Ground Zero, and then spent months boasting about it in the press. Those groups are the Cordoba Initiative (run by Feisal Abdul Rauf, the “Ground Zero mosque’s” imam-to-be); the American Society for Muslim Advancement, or ASMA (run by Rauf’s wife, Daisy Khan); and SoHo Properties (run by the aforementioned Sharif el-Gamal, its CEO). Just a few brief but illustrative examples from the principals:

Feisal Abdul Rauf, the Ground Zero mosque’s imam-to-be, central figure behind the mosque project
en.wikipedia.org...
He has refused to “repudiate the threat from authoritative sharia to the religious freedom and safety of former Muslims,” a pledge issued nine months ago by ex-Muslims under threat for their “apostasy.”

He refused to describe Hamas as a terrorist organization,

He is an open proponent of integrating sharia into the law of Western countries.

Regarding 9/11 specifically, Rauf told 60 Minutes in September 2001 that “United States policies were an accessory to the crime that happened.”

No transparency when it comes to funding.

Dutch Ministry denies subsidy for Ground Zero Mosque
gatesofvienna.blogspot.com...
However, on the website of the Cordoba Initiative, which wants to build the mosque, Asma on the contrary is indeed is listed as a partner organization. Asma’s founder, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, moreover, is also chairman of the Cordoba Initiative.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
you miss the fact that it was 19 muslims who killed those other people including the other muslims there?

and agian this is about the radical element in the over billion muslims that equates to millions of radicals.....

and wether you can admit this to yourself its just like every thing else.

you will have those who agree with their actions and support them and publicly decry them but who secretly help them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Please fix your links so the info can be verified.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

you miss the fact that it was 19 muslims who killed those other people including the other muslims there?

No, of course not. But you are only seeing, "Bad Muslims, Bad Muslims, Bad Muslims..."

and agian this is about the radical element in the over billion muslims that equates to millions of radicals.....

That's mere supposition dreamed up on media and personal fear. If you can find(Google
) fact to the contrary, I'll consider them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Out of all that "redstate" nonsense the one thing that seems to be missing would be the "hidden meaning" that the title pronounces.

If your source's include "redstate" then you might as well unplug your computer and get in the bomb shelter now. You already know liberals are coming to eat your children.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Out of all that "redstate" nonsense the one thing that seems to be missing would be the "hidden meaning" that the title pronounces.

If your source's include "redstate" then you might as well unplug your computer and get in the bomb shelter now. You already know liberals are coming to eat your children.

Well I child proof my house and he still gets in so its ok if they come to eat him

I fixed the links.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
This might have already been mentioned but there is a mosque near Ground Zero already and it has been there for a long time.

www.masjidmanhattan.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I couldn't read redstate any further than:

If you read no further, know this: RedState supports the Anti-Defamation League in its opposition to the so-called “Ground Zero mosque.” The ADL is right on all counts: in its rejection of bigotry, its affirmation of American religious freedom, and its declaration that common decency demands the end of this effort. As the ADL notes, this is “not a question of rights, but a question of what is right.”

"its affirmation of American religious freedom, and its declaration that common decency demands the end of this effort."

WTH does that mean? Religious freedom as long as it's the religion that they approve of? That's not freedom. That's not even Marxism. That's Chinese Democracy.

*Nods to G&R*

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
The funding for the Islamic center is coming from private sources, much like the funding for a church or synagogue might. Should there be any illegal activity surrounding those sources, law enforcement would get involved.

Since when does the DoJ ever enforce all laws? AZ sure would like an answer to that. And the funding for political campaigns is also done anonymously, to us and not the bribee; PACs. And then we have the really big elephant in the room, the banksters who counterfeit TRILLIONS of dollars, at our expense, but they give lavishly to the PACs of both sides in an election. Does 'law enforcement' go after these crooks? NEVER, in how many decades. They only enforce the law against their unwitting slaves. Us.
It is tradition, a biggy for Muslims, to erect a mosque at the site of 'triumphs of Islam' over us infidels. They are taught that it is ok to lie, cheat, and steal (or just murder) to advance Islam.
While I firmly believe that the WTC was brought down by the CIA, they used the pirates as fall-guys, as they typically do, their MO, like in the JFK assassination, and the OK City bombing. But everyone, almost, thinks that it was the Muslim pirates. So they want the credit for it.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Gregarious]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

good read there

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Im asking the same question, lol. Also wondering what G&R is

The truth is Im tired, I should have gone to bed hours ago (I work overnights) so I apologize but my brain just blew a gasket BUT I'll be back tomorrow and can participate better then.

Best Regards,
Liberty

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Thanks for the links. I've read other information from the other threads that give me grave doubts about then intentions of the founders of this mosque. However the project has been green lighted. So, what is a dignified response? I've learned in life that in order for an adversary to be successful in offending me, I have to choose to be offended. Can we as a nation choose not to be offended? If we can largely ignore this building or even give a cordial response, wouldn't that take away the petty triumph some may feel over building this mosque in this particular location.

I can't say for certain what is in its founder hearts but if they are taking some twisted pleasure in pulling a fast one on us, that's their failing. They are just spitting on fellow Muslims who were also murdered that day.

I wouldn't worry about any nefarious plots hatching there. As everyone else has pointed out they can just as easily do their plotting anywhere else. Recruitment may take place at this mosque but it's not as if that couldn't take place at any of the other mosques.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregarious

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
The funding for the Islamic center is coming from private sources, much like the funding for a church or synagogue might. Should there be any illegal activity surrounding those sources, law enforcement would get involved.

Since when does the DoJ ever enforce all laws? AZ sure would like an answer to that. And the funding for political campaigns is also done anonymously, to us and not the bribee; PACs. And then we have the really big elephant in the room, the banksters who counterfeit TRILLIONS of dollars, at our expense, but they give lavishly to the PACs of both sides in an election. Does 'law enforcement' go after these crooks? NEVER, in how many decades. They only enforce the law against their unwitting slaves. Us.
It is tradition, a biggy for Muslims, to erect a mosque at the site of 'triumphs of Islam' over us infidels. They are taught that it is ok to lie, cheat, and steal (or just murder) to advance Islam.
While I firmly believe that the WTC was brought down by the CIA, they used the pirates as fall-guys, as they typically do, their MO, like in the JFK assassination, and the OK City bombing. But everyone, almost, thinks that it was the Muslim pirates. So they want the credit for it.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Gregarious]

Hello Gregarious, you might find her here www.abovetopsecret.com... can ask her the question that way

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Thanks for the links. I've read other information from the other threads that give me grave doubts about then intentions of the founders of this mosque. However the project has been green lighted. So, what is a dignified response? I've learned in life that in order for an adversary to be successful in offending me, I have to choose to be offended. Can we as a nation choose not to be offended? If we can largely ignore this building or even give a cordial response, wouldn't that take away the petty triumph some may feel over building this mosque in this particular location.

I can't say for certain what is in its founder hearts but if they are taking some twisted pleasure in pulling a fast one on us, that's their failing. They are just spitting on fellow Muslims who were also murdered that day.

I wouldn't worry about any nefarious plots hatching there. As everyone else has pointed out they can just as easily do their plotting anywhere else. Recruitment may take place at this mosque but it's not as if that couldn't take place at any of the other mosques.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yeah, I liked it. What's the problem then?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

good read there

So you do not like the name of the place?

Naming the project after the seat of power of the centuries-long Islamic occupation of Spain proved to be inflammatory, and the project's investors subsequently renamed the project "Park51"

Problem solved.

Next issue?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
problem not solved.

did you even read the entire article?

and if you sit there and think that hamas,hezbollah,iran,saudi arent gonna be funding that place think agian. ( those are luciditys private investors)

for crying out loud what better place to recruit than a 2 minute walk from the fruits of their labors the symbol of everything they want to do to us.

this is a conspriacy site man and this is my conspiracy theory that that mosque can and will be used agianst us for no other reason to see what they have and can accomplish when they want to.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are misinformed and childish. Sorry for the name calling, but you are out of your element. Don't go around speaking for everyone who's "lost someone on 9/11 or in Afghanistan."

I've fought in Afghanistan on multiple deployments and have lost more in terms of myself and my brothers than you could ever realize. It is not a slap in the face to me or my people what-so-ever. And as for your little disclaimer of "not bashing the religion"...well yes you are.

A Mosque is a place of worship and solitude. Do you really think a large percentage of American Mosques funnel money into extremist militia groups? If so, then you are ignorant, and I have been bred to deny you on ATS.

To be honest, everyone that is so against this Mosque represents the ignorance, hatred and fat-ass idiocy that is festering in the United States. I'm sorry if you find it insulting, but I find it insulting that so many of you seem to think you know what is on everyone else' mind. This type of idiotic, knee-jerk reactionary stance leaves me sad to have fought for this nation at times. You all talk about "denying ignorance" and the "MSM", yet your anti-Islam points of view play right into the game that these entities have been playing. You shouldn't be threatened by a religion, culture or building that you know absolutely nothing about. Reading wikipedia to inform yourself on Islam and the complicated cultures of the Middle-East is not good enough.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Shark VA84]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution