It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
and wether you people want to believe it or not those people flock to mosques.

Good. Maybe they can get some religion and do away with the extremism.

That said, I'm sure John Gotti spent his share of time in a Catholic church but we don't slander the Catholics or Italians because of this man.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That's all fine. I never wanted to go to NYC anyway.

I don't think they should have allowed this - in fact, think they should leave those crowded areas downtown for business. Put the churches and mosques where they have room to spread out and the children can play.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Seems that the people who perpetrate or have perpetrated some of the most horrific crimes against humanity are rarely truly religious themselves. They may use religion and the religious or target them or hide behind them, but they're rarely religious themselves. It's not religion that's at issue here with this Islamic center at all.

Oh, and if you want an Islamic center conspiracy, take a look at this blog I ran across the other day.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
ok then how bout these apples....

im a billionaire i and im gonna go put a church near mecca or medina.

they would have an absolute fit,because that is sacred ground to them.

well i submit to you that ground zero is sacred ground to most americans and yeah it will be within a 2 minute walk as that huffington post article stated.

that wouldnt fly ever.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

First of all, this property in Manhattan is for sale and zoning approved. Your comparison is faulty. Second of all, there is no further discussion from there because there is no comparison.

Yes, ground zero is such sacred ground to "most" Americans that it's still a gaping hole in the ground while people have political squabbles over what to do with it or which highest bidder to sell it too or whether it should become a memorial.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are comparing the Islamic faith's Vatican to a terrorist target site? Now I'm really confused.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

its not really anger its more dissappointment and it shows disrespect for those people lost

i guess im just an idiot for looking at fellow americans and not wanting to see them die because more of us will

because noone in this country wants to do anything respectful or anything right.

people say be respectful for what the mosque builders want
i say why cant they show respect for what people dont want

to me its like people bend over backwards to appease islam so much to the effect that islam is above any other religion these days.

my personal philosophy is no man above another and certainly no religion above another.

Wow, very well said Neo.

I say why can't they show respect to the people too? 90 plus mosques should make a statement that we don't want to hinder their freedom of religion.

I agree that it can be a hiding place for extremists.

Not only do I have a question about the funding but I also have a question about the laws.

Do our laws supersede international laws if they aren't legal citizens of the US.
Can they use international law when they see fit, as in when someone is here illegally, commits a crime, then they legally flee our country?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
neo, terrorism always was and always has been a threat and always will be. Intelligence and law enforcement handled it for decades and continue to handle it today, despite this horrific incident happening. This Islamic center is not that big a risk as far as threat goes. As many have stated, they don't need a center to meet in to plan your destruction. That is a false meme.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
no comparison i beg to differ the places were friends and family have died

can hold more importance,more signficance than any church or mosque will ever have.

lucidity and look how well they handeld it......its happened before it will happen agian

only difference is how many will die

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

can hold more importance,more signficance than any church or mosque will ever have.

And there were no Muslims in the Twin Towers when they were hit?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

And there were no Muslims in the Twin Towers when they were hit?

you mean other than the 19 hijackers?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

only difference is how many will die

Are you seriously trying to push the idea that this Mosque will lead to another attack on American soil?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

neo, one slip in over 60 years, as horrific as it was, is not a lot. You'd probably really lose it if you knew how many threats are averted daily. We have to keep things in perspective.

Again, it was a horrible attack. And it fundamentally changed us...and maybe in some not so great ways.

I totally respect the opinions of those who lost friends and loved ones that day, and in point of fact, I am one of those people. However, not all of them feel as some do about this center. Many view it as a way to heal. And also to uphold the principles of this country. If we go against these principles, if the attacks of that day make us fundamentally change even that much more, maybe the terrorists did win.

Not everyone is going to agree on this or get overly emotional about it. But don't assume that's it's necessarily for the reasons you might assume.

Just stuff to think about is all.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
those who hate
those who want to murder
those who want power

WILL USE everything and anything at there disposal to accomplish their goals.

so yeah i guess i am.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
lucidity with all due respect man it just wasnt one slip.

you can not protect our people with the liberal approach to terrorism it hasnt worked it will not ever work.

you can not cut intelligence funding
you can not tie fbi and intel agencies hands to do what they were made to do

it doesnt work first wtc attack was proof of this

9-11 was the worst possible call to that approach

feel free to disagree with me man its cool but in my humble opinion it just doesnt work.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

those who hate
those who want to murder
those who want power

WILL USE everything and anything at there disposal to accomplish their goals.

so yeah i guess i am.

This thread is a pointless waste of fear mongering based on what seems to be a complete lack of logic.

So enemies will use anything and everything to do harm and yet, they need a mosque in order to plan an attack? Sorry but there is not one cogent thought from post to post here. I was hoping for an actual answer.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You're absolutely right. They knew it was coming and they didn't pay attention.

In addition? Ask yourself this. Why is it that the very same factions of the government who scared you this badly about Muslims and terrorists also left your borders and ports wide open? Think about that one.

And with the invocation of the L-word, I'm out of this thread. Have fun.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
im not scared of anything

i simple dont hide my head in the sand and think everyone just loves americans.

i recognize the fact there is hatred in this world and will do anything and everything to kill you me and every last one of us.

i simply recognize the fact there is evil in the world and acknowledge it i dont do the liberal thing and just close my eyes and live in my own little world.

last thought i wish liberals would put half as much energy into saving themselves and they do in saving the planet.- no offense meant to anyone:p

if this thread is a waste of time why did you post in it?

to each their own eh

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

if this thread is a waste of time why did you post in it?

to each their own eh

I thought I might get a real answer to my question.

Apparently you do not have any real answers. I took the time to ask. You made me feel that I wasted my time taking you seriously.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I feel it's insensitive of the Islamic community to build a mosque there.

IMHO, it is insensitive too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join