It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Would You Mind If a Large Religious Center Was Built In Your Town?

Yes -- Everyone has a right to practice their religion.9%
No -- Some of these places go way beyond religion82%
I'm not sure.4%
I don't care.2%
Other (post a comment)3%
Total Votes: 17,374

This question was asked on Fox Forum

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
Yeah, I told all my Muslim friends that some guy who hates Muslims, says a lot of ignorant things, and admittedly has a low IQ wants to post back and forth to them on a conspiracy/UFO website.

I don't hate Muslims Skunktail, I am merely trying to arrive at the truth. My disgust with the Muslims who I have encountered on this site does not mean that I hate them.

And if I do end up hating somebody, I will eventually purge that hatred from myself, in spite of any Muslims or those who support them like you.

You do them a disservice in your defense of the mosque. Don't pretend to speak for them. You are not their friend. Your support for these issues only widens the divide.

I doubt if this mosque will ever be built anyway. So spew on brother. Spew on.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Roadblock for Ground Zero Mosque
Utility company owns half prospective construction site

video.foxnews.com...

*update on Utility company who owns half prospective construction site:

Con Ed Will Not Block the Ground Zero Mosque, Despite Reports
Read more: dnainfo.com...

Thank you again for the information americandingbat

sl

[edit on 9-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
Chill out please, I'm not tying to "spread lies" at all

It's been discussed and clarified. I know it's off with the head when someone makes a mistake but it happens.
At least it was cleared up right?

Thanks

Yeah well obviously that "discussed and clarified" happened while I was typing my response. Notice the post times? I doubt you notice things like that. Look, I say "lies" because I am not sure what the alternative is. It is not like you might have heard incorrectly. There is no reason your memory should have failed you. It is 4 posts up in static print. The only way to get that wrong is to really try.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
I don't hate Muslims Skunktail,

I would ask you to show me where I ever even said you did but I think calling me Skunktail just about stops this conversation for now. It is not enough you need to make up a strawman about hating muslims but you need to call names too? You and SL enjoy not making sense to each other for a while.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Roadblock for Ground Zero Mosque
Utility company owns half prospective construction site

video.foxnews.com...

I will try to embed this video, if anyone can post it for me that would be great.
Thanks.

Just a suggestion: a page back ~Lucidity posted an article that clarifies the issue being raised, it might be a good idea to give another link to that too if you're going to repost this issue now.

Con Ed will not stand in the way of the mosque being built -- the Park51 people have a long-term (until 2071, I think) lease on the land that includes the right to demolish the current building and construct a new one.

The two lots are already joined (the interior walls between the two were knocked down to make space for the Burlington Coat Factory that used to be there).

Con Ed is working on getting the property valued for sale to the lease-holder (there's a buy option in the lease), estimates are from 10 to 20 million dollars. But even if they don't end up buying it, the terms of their lease allow them to build.

Anyway, it's all in the link ~Lucidity gave when this issue was first addressed in this thread earlier today.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I would ask you to show me where I ever even said you did but I think calling me Skunktail just about stops this conversation for now. It is not enough you need to make up a strawman about hating muslims but you need to call names too? You and SL enjoy not making sense to each other for a while.

Right here Adevoc, or were the words just in jest?

Yeah, I told all my Muslim friends that some guy who hates Muslims, says a lot of ignorant things, and admittedly has a low IQ wants to post back and forth to them on a conspiracy/UFO website.

edited to add... I am sorry about the remark I made about your tail. If I would have known how sensitive you are, I never would have made that comment.....Sorry, I will not make the same mistake again.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They must think that if you're nice to the Muslims everything is going to be ok.

The quickest way to get attacked by Muslims is to act like we should just let them do whatever they want in the US.

Clinton took us to war in Serbia to help out those poor oppressed Muslims and at that time I predicted we would shortly be attacked by them and guess what. 911.

If I didn't have to wear a diaper on my head and pray 5 times a day I would seriously consider changing over. Because the team I'm on right now is just too soft and stupid.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Doctor Smith]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

This was already covered a few pages ago. It is a non-issue. Another rumor.

Ooops sorry, americandingbat. My bad...I must have missed your post. Thanks.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thank you for pointing that out to me americandingbat
I will add that to the post and clarify. I seem to be a day late and a dollar short today in keeping up with the latest news. I do appreciate your post to me

Maybe if Feisal Abdul Rauf could step up as the man of peace he is to be, maybe he could help many to understand more.

I truly believe the mosque issue was rushed and that in itself has caused most of the uproar.

Has Rauf addressed this recently? I couldn't find anything on it when I googled it.

If the one in charge is silent, who is leading this? I believe the silence is what is exasperating the issues, the unanswered questions.

Thank you,
sl

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
Right here Adevoc, or were the words just in jest?

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me. I believe that was my response to your many tasteful pictures and statements like this.

But nobody can even give me a rough idea as to what % of Muslims harbor evil in their hearts for us....And I am sorry, but I am appalled at their treatment of women in general. Go to Iran or a dozen other Muslim countries around the world where women are treated like animals and then tell me that Islam is a good thing

So you need Muslims to assure you that they do not harbor evil in their hearts and you have a hard time believing Islam is a good thing but no hatred there? What is it, pity?

edited to add... I am sorry about the remark I made about your tail. If I would have known how sensitive you are, I never would have made that comment.....Sorry, I will not make the same mistake again.

It is not about being sensitive. It is about you resorting to such childish methods here. I think name calling goes a long way to invalidate the rest of your argument. If you want to devolve into petty attacks, we can do that. I am not so sensitive. I just do not see any productive conversation being born out of name calling. Do you?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

This was already covered a few pages ago. It is a non-issue. Another rumor.

Ooops sorry, americandingbat. My bad...I must have missed your post. Thanks.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

Nothing gets past you Lucidity, I find this one hard to believe but I guess even the best of us can jump the gun too.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Presuming you got your information on his travels here?

Read through it. Doesn't seem all that objective to me. A lot of speculation and conjecture. But that's me.

And again as to the funding issue, do we really want to open that bucket or worms? Should all religious institutions be forced to turn over their funding lists?

Perhaps this is why he'll be out of town until, what this reporter say? The end of August or September?

US State Dept Sends Mosque Imam to Mideast

This is sure to set off a whole new round of rumors though. I'm sure we can imagine what kind. However, just look at it this way...at least we're keeping a good "eye" on him and his alleged nefarious doings and funding quests with terrorists.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
US State Dept Sends Mosque Imam to Mideast

liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

The State Department has not yet divulged a detailed itinerary of Rauf’s trip, although Arab media is reporting he will visit the oil rich states of Saudi Arabia, The United Arab Emirates and Abu Dhabi.

I hear everyone else speaking for Rauf. What I don't hear is Rauf himself. If he is a leader and is a man of peace, shouldn't he be the one speaking?

It's fine with me to hear someone defending him, I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is that all I hear is speculation from his defenders really.

I feel he should show himself. No one should defend him anymore. It will get to a point that his defenders are puppets, that's not fair to the defenders.

Why is he so silent?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

It is not about being sensitive. It is about you resorting to such childish methods here. I think name calling goes a long way to invalidate the rest of your argument. If you want to devolve into petty attacks, we can do that. I am not so sensitive. I just do not see any productive conversation being born out of name calling. Do you?

I agree. And I did not think that you were sensitive in the least bit. I was just being facetious, again.I would imagine that most posters on ATS have a thick skin, or else they wouldn't be on here.

And if they are new, they will learn fast, like I did when I first started posting and was attacked over and over again out of the blue for daring to voice my opinions.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

"And if they are new, they will learn fast, like I did when I first started posting and was attacked over and over again out of the blue for daring to voice my opinions."

been there done that and still happens

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I hear everyone else speaking for Rauf. What I don't hear is Rauf himself. If he is a leader and is a man of peace, shouldn't he be the one speaking?

It's fine with me to hear someone defending him, I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is that all I hear is speculation from his defenders really.

I feel he should show himself. No one should defend him anymore. It will get to a point that his defenders are puppets, that's not fair to the defenders.

Why is he so silent?

No doubt the imam will speak if and when he's ready to. He is under no obligation to speak anyone because they think he should or because they say so. He has spoken where it is necessary. In the community.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Why is he so silent?

No doubt the imam will speak if and when he's ready to. He is under no obligation to speak anyone because they think he should or because they say so. He has spoken where it is necessary. In the community.

He is the major player in this. The entire nation is affected.
You may be able to submit to him, to his disregarding this very painful issue, but the majority isn't.

This is not acceptable from any leader, true leader I should say.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
www.politicsdaily.com...
6 in 10 New Yorkers oppose building mosque near ground zero

www.christianpost.com...
Poll: 3 in 5 New Yorkers Oppose Ground Zero Mosque

I do feel there are more against this than for it. Maybe if the peace keeper would step up and keep peace, things wouldn't be in such a mess

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

But as with other polls, New York City residents were more in favor than New York State Residents. And these reports of this particular poll don't break it down by borough, but other polls have found that Manhattan residents are more in favor of the center than residents of the outer boroughs. Yet again, the closer you get to the neighborhood the more support there is.

Another thing that's not clear to me in these polls is whether they are differentiating between people who don't like the idea that the mosque will be built and people who think that the group doesn't have the right to build the mosque.

Those are very different questions. I don't like a lot of buildings that go up in NYC, but that doesn't mean I think they should be stopped.

As for why we're not hearing from Imam Rauf on a regular basis, I would guess that his travels for the State Department are keeping him occupied. Plus as far as I can tell there hasn't been any actual news for him to respond to.

His wife seems to be keeping in touch with the community though; she spoke at the Jewish vigil supporting the mosque on August 5:

After a number of speakers from the Jewish community, Daisy Khan, co-founder of the Cordoba Initiative that is sponsoring and planning the cultural center, spoke with heartfelt thanks to those of us in the Jewish community who had been working in favor of Córdoba House and who had gathered on Park Place to welcome them.

Source

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join