It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You know what gives me a bigger painful memory and constant reminder? That hole at ground zero that's been there for almost 9 years, while politicians and financiers bickered about money and what should or shouldn't go there. But it looks like they're finally maybe doing something there.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

I feel this is important so I'm re-posting it. Neda Bolourchi is a brave woman.

A Muslim victim of 9/11: 'Build your mosque somewhere else'

www.washingtonpost.com...

I know Ground Zero is not mine alone; I must share this sanctuary with tourists, politicians, anyone who chooses to come, whatever their motivations or intentions. But a mosque nearby -- even a proposed one -- is already transforming the site from a sacred ground for reflection, so desperately needed by the families who lost loved ones, to a battleground for religious and political ideologies. So many people from different nationalities and religions were killed that day. This site should be a neutral place for all to come in peace and remember. I believe my mother would have thought so as well.

Next Neda Bolourchi explains why she and her family moved to America.

The Iranian revolution compelled my family to flee to America when I was 12 years old. Yet, just over two decades later, the militant version of our faith caught up with us on a September morning. I still identify as a Muslim. When you are born into a Muslim family, there is no way around it, no choices available: You are Muslim. I am not ashamed of my faith, but I am ashamed of what is done in its name.

She has more to say of importance than what I posted on here. I feel she shows great courage and class when writing this.

It would be great to hear from more American Muslims regardless of their position.

sl

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CheapShotArtist
Its very inappropriate and its honestly a slap in the face.

Welcome to America where feeling slapped in the face does not trump the rights of the citizens. Sorry but there is no shortage of slaps in the face to be found here in America. That just goes with giving rights to everyone. If you feel that is not a good idea, I can suggest some countries that are more than happy to regulate based on religion that you might be more comfortable in. I cannot guarantee I can find you a place where you will be forever free of face slaps though.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

finally some common ground

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Where is your thread on that then?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CheapShotArtist

Originally posted by CheapShotArtist
Its very inappropriate and its honestly a slap in the face.

So, the Muslim community has won a battle and will be allowed to build a mosque 2 blocks away from ground zero of the 9/11 tragedy. As I have no ill feelings toward Muslims, I honestly do not believe what they are doing is right. There are still many people who lost loved ones in that horrible attack which are trying to heal, and seeing a mosque that close will only bring back their painful memories.

I agree. But there is still legitimate doubt as to whether this thing will ever get built. Even if they do get the financing, I doubt if Union Construction Workers in New York will build it, or even allow it to be built if they are kicked off the job site.......

The little man rules the day.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Where is your thread on that then?

where is my thread on what? that nothing has been built where the wtc becuase of like lucidty said polticians and bickering.....

but rams through a mosque just to appease the muslim community?

i think something should been built years ago as to the mosque u already know what i think on that subject

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by My2Commoncentsworth
I've been asking Muslims on this thread and I have yet to get any kind of satisfactory response.

Really? When? Which Muslims have you addressed in this thread?

Any who have been on here reading this thread and have heard my pleas, and would have the balls and the courtesy to respond in a meaningful manner.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
Any who have been on here reading this thread and have heard my pleas, and would have the balls and the courtesy to respond in a meaningful manner.

So you just assume there are Muslims reading this thread but choosing not to respond to you? How about you actively go find one. Like I said, 1 billion plus handy so it should not be a problem.

I find it hard to believe you are honestly trying to put forward the idea that Muslims are actively ignoring you because you ASSUME they are even reading this thread. How many Muslims are on ATS? How many have clicked on this thread?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

where is my thread on what?

I am sorry. Did you forget what conversation you were having already?

Let me help you. First Lucidity said

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
You know what gives me a bigger painful memory and constant reminder? That hole at ground zero that's been there for almost 9 years,

Then you said...

See, you said you agree that the hole in the ground is a BIGGER deal than this community center. You started a thread on the community center so I am wondering where your thread is on the hole in the ground that you agree is an even bigger issue. Please try and keep up.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So you just assume there are Muslims reading this thread but choosing not to respond to you? How about you actively go find one. Like I said, 1 billion plus handy so it should not be a problem.

I find it hard to believe you are honestly trying to put forward the idea that Muslims are actively ignoring you because you ASSUME they are even reading this thread. How many Muslims are on ATS? How many have clicked on this thread?

Yes I assume that Muslims are reading this thread and choosing not to respond because they would not have a leg to stand on.

It's funny that whenever I go on an anti-Semite thread, there are reams of Muslims waiting to slap me down.

And I would actively seek one out, but I can't put my finger on one right now.......Go get one of your buddies.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yes I assume that Muslims are reading this thread and choosing not to respond because they would not have a leg to stand on.

Why would you assume Muslims are reading this thread?

It's funny that whenever I go on an anti-Semite thread, there are reams of Muslims waiting to slap me down.

Funny, whenever I go on a UFO thread, PHAGE is there to sound arrogant. Different threads bring out different types of posters. Again, why do you assume any Muslims are reading this thread?

And I would actively seek one out, but I can't put my finger on one right now.......Go get one of your buddies.

To stop by your house? U2U me the address.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

To stop by your house? U2U me the address.

No Butthead, on your computer. I'm not even that stupid, and I have a low IQ. What kind of fool do you think I am?....Is there more than one kind?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

MY2Commoncestsworth,

To quote Adevoc Satanae

You started a thread on the community center so I am wondering where your thread is on the hole in the ground that you agree is an even bigger issue. Please try and keep up.

Humm, I couldn't find the thread adevoc Satanae said you started. Are you keeping secrets from me?
You sneaky dog you.....

Fess up Mister.

Best Regards,
sl

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

I think he was asking neo that question.

ooops!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Humm, I couldn't find the thread adevoc Satanae said you started. Are you keeping secrets from me?
You sneaky dog you.....

When did I ever say that, SL?

Why are you taking the time to spread lies in this thread for no reason?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Ok, thanks, I need more coffee, this is my "morning time" and I'm trying to read to catch up, too much to read with a fuzzy brain

Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No Butthead, on your computer. I'm not even that stupid, and I have a low IQ. What kind of fool do you think I am?....Is there more than one kind?

Yeah, I told all my Muslim friends that some guy who hates Muslims, says a lot of ignorant things, and admittedly has a low IQ wants to post back and forth to them on a conspiracy/UFO website.

I am sure they will be signing up any minute now.

Look, if you really want to talk to a Muslim, you could. Instead you are hiding in this thread claiming they should be reading it and are actively ignoring you. I believe that low IQ is playing a big role in that.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You sneaky dog you.....

When did I ever say that, SL?

Why are you taking the time to spread lies in this thread for no reason?

Chill out please, I'm not tying to "spread lies" at all

It's been discussed and clarified. I know it's off with the head when someone makes a mistake but it happens.
At least it was cleared up right?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

dont be putting words in my mouth now

i agreed that the shamefulness that nothing has been done in 9 years to ground zero and to the reasons that were said.

now ponder this people

if in sometime in the past 9 years

those elected officials had gotten there collective heads out of their you know what and built something there.

the entire dynamic of this conversation would have changed- more to the point this conversation would have never occured.

simple fact if the proposed plan were seen through the face of the area would have been completely changed.

ergo that little piece of land well it may or may not have been avialable for mr imam to purchase.

simple fact a business center or memorial would have had a significant effect on the general business and public............

for that little mosque that everyone just seems to think is just such a great idea....wouldnt havent been a glimmer of thought in anyones minds.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37 >>

join