It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

when was the last time a christian woman had her ears and nose cut off?

when was the last time a christian woman was use as a sheild to stop bullets?

when was the last time a christian woman strapped on a suicide bombers vest?

hrmmmmm.............

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
this is what people have been defending.

the more concessions we make now
the more we turn a blind eye to the world around us

this is what will happen here in the us.

guess you people would call these guys moderatates.

barenakedislam.wordpress.com...

i have been trying to find the video of the "moderate muslims" in the uk spitting on return british soldiers.

your probably say so what whats it got to do with any of this- well EVERYTHING to do with this.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
this is what people have been defending.

See, you keep saying stuff like this that just confuses me.

People where have been defending this? In this thread?

the more concessions we make now
the more we turn a blind eye to the world around us

this is what will happen here in the us.

No, it is illegal in the US to cut off a woman's nose. If (God forbid) it should happen, I have no doubt that it would be investigated as a serious offense and the criminal would be punished in accord with our secular law.

guess you people would call these guys moderatates.

barenakedislam.wordpress.com...

Based on that coverage, no I certainly wouldn't call them moderates. Why do you think I or any one else on this thread would? You keep setting up these straw men about what "we" support, or what "liberals" support. Where are you getting these ideas from?

your probably say so what whats it got to do with any of this- well EVERYTHING to do with this.

It has everything to do with your outrage, maybe. It has nothing to do with the right of the imam and his group to build a community center on land that they hold the deed or lease for.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

straw man arguement eh.... im sure you feel that way but hey guess what

everything i have said in this thread has a direct relevance to everyone who has any problems with the mosque and islam.

the past behavior some those few are what concerns everyone who doesnt have a blind faith in the goodness of other men.

you can do whatever you want...i am not going to sit here and say oh geez everyone just loves america and bury my head in the sand which is pretty much what everyone did right up until 9-11.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

straw man arguement eh.... im sure you feel that way but hey guess what

Well yeah. I'm defending the right of the Park51 group to build a community center and mosque on privately owned land in Lower Manhattan, and you're trying to make it look like I'm defending women having their noses cut off.

That's a straw man if I ever saw one.

It's the same logical fallacy that an awful lot of the hype about this issue has been built on, albeit generally in a more nuanced and sophisticated manner.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

you do know that mr imam has no money
and mr imam is now currently overseas

since there are alot of people out there who aren fond of his idea

and there by not investing in the" project"

there is a great likely hood that mr imam will be getting funding for saudi
abu dai etc.............

so im wondering here if you still support mr imam building a private site with foreign funds that is suppose to be built supposedly for the betterment of the local community???

now if i was mr imam a man of god

the 100 million thats it going to take to build this mosque that nyc so desperately needs guess the other 100 mosques arent just enough.

now i would being using that 100 million to help my fellow muslims who have been ravaged by 10 years of war.

but no lets build a mosque............. yeah since i dont have any money im gonna go to saudi and get sum cash from my buddies here to build in america....

i have my problems with the whole deal
you dont
thats fine

straw man thats fine to..........................thanks for posting and have a good one

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Presuming you got your information on his travels here?

Read through it. Doesn't seem all that objective to me. A lot of speculation and conjecture. But that's me.

And again as to the funding issue, do we really want to open that bucket or worms? Should all religious institutions be forced to turn over their funding lists?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

i can always count on your input thanks:p

some of the things you've said havent appeared objective to me but i guess it just depends on ones perspective............

just saying pretty much works both ways

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Presuming you got your information on his travels here?

Read through it. Doesn't seem all that objective to me. A lot of speculation and conjecture. But that's me.

And again as to the funding issue, do we really want to open that bucket or worms? Should all religious institutions be forced to turn over their funding lists?

You are a winner! Congratulations Lucidity. I do believe that your post was the 666th one on this thread........just kidding.

I think the funding issue is valid. If they do not want to pay taxes, then why not have some transparency.

All organizations are required to do accounting whether they are tax exempt or not. So why should the veil not be pierced. What would they have to hide?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Hi again, head on over to avaaz.org and have a look for the link. I get email updates from them so not sure where the exact section is on their site I'm afraid, and I'm too knackered to search it out after the weekend sorry

I would have thought there is a large number of western signatures too, as it's a global activist group. They've managed to stop her being stoned, but she could still be hung for 'adultery'... which is what they call being in a relationship years after her husband died. Shocking!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think I'm allowed opinions. Even when I try to keep them out of it, sometimes they sneak in.

Then again, I don't have...

1. A platform like the politicians and pundits or my opinions and speculations being broadcast my the media either, and so I have far less responsibility when it comes to discussing issues.

2. A job in which I must attempt to be unbiased and objective like she does. This was a speculative piece. The only real investigative journalism or facts I recall seeing in it was where she made phone calls to him and his offices, and then she just did some further speculating on those.

But maybe if she keeps digging, she'll turn up something concrete.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

yes you most certainly are and i have none of those either

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Syx is actually one of my nicknames..,and I'm only half evil, so 333 would suit me better. But I digress.

I don't recall seeing where they will be subject to any more or any less transparency than any other organization of this type. In fact, from what I've read, there is no funding yet. And who knows...maybe they'll even voluntarily disclose it to soothe feathers. No telling at this point.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
To Neo96, just out of curiosity, do you know many people who are Muslims?

Not making an attack against your views at all, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but until I got to know a few guys who were muslims and discussed their views about things I had very different views about the religion... to put it mildly

I grew up in newcastle where it is about 95% white English geordies, then when I moved to Birmingham the percentages where pretty much reversed and in some areas near me I will literally be the only white person you see for a few hours. It seems there is much more of a problem with segregated communities in the UK, rather than the more general mix of communities I've seen when I've been over in NY. Is that actually the case over there or do you still get areas that are pretty much solely certain ethnicities? Just curious as its always seemed more of a well integrated 'american' way of life over their if that makes any sense?!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crezo

I can't see the entire list, but the last few signatures have come in from Brazil, Sweden and the UK.

I guess that anybody living in a Muslim country cannot weigh in because of the oppressive nature of the society......So again I run up against a brick wall in trying to put my finger on the pulse of the Muslim Community.

Thanks for the link.

www.avaaz.org...

[edit on 9-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crezo

quite a few acutally

this is the most important thing a person needs to fully comprehend

other people only show what they want you to see.

sometimes they are exaclty how they seem

other times they are nothing like what they have shown you.

since your in the uk if you were a british soldier returning from afghanistan gettin spit on and being called murders etc........

i wonder what you would think then.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
ha, very well said

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
Oh that's just brilliant Einstein, Is that all you got?.... Not even a.......ya well I agree with you there on their treatment of women?

What is your problem with it? What is so wrong with that response? If you want to know what a Muslim thinks, would that not be the best way to get a real answer?

Why should I agree with you? Not one of the Muslims I know treats women poorly in any way shape or form. It is not something I have ever witnessed firsthand. It is a cultural thing, not a religious thing. I have never witnessed that kind of culture, just Muslims being Muslims.

I've been asking Muslims on this thread and I have yet to get any kind of satisfactory response.

Really? When? Which Muslims have you addressed in this thread?

Maybe I should ask a Satanist for his speculation, at least I'd probably get get some kind of an answer.

Maybe.

edited to add....thanks for centering the ..."I am winking at you." away from the photographers butt in your copy. Now I can't tell "what" is winking at "who."

[edit on 9-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

I have no clue what this is about.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

had an interesting thought this morning.....

I have made it pretty damn clear that I would feel the same way if this was some "Christian" building. You do realize that in the US, Christians and the right wing are inseparable for the most part, right? Yep, that is right. If Sean Hannity wanted to build a church and had obtained the property and zoning rights and yadda yadda, I would be just as behind his right to build his church on his property. Chances are I would visit that church as many times as I plan to visit this Islamic community center. Your thought was probably real fun for you to have but had you actually read this thread, you would see we have already had that thought for you and dismissed it.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Its very inappropriate and its honestly a slap in the face.

So, the Muslim community has won a battle and will be allowed to build a mosque 2 blocks away from ground zero of the 9/11 tragedy. As I have no ill feelings toward Muslims, I honestly do not believe what they are doing is right. There are still many people who lost loved ones in that horrible attack which are trying to heal, and seeing a mosque that close will only bring back their painful memories.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join