It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
if this iman is such a bridgebuilder, why doesn't he build the happy mosque in a country that could use it?

Because he is an American just like you.

spread the good word about the US in a place that needs some?

He is not trying to spread the good word about America.

btw, who can use the pool? anyone?

4 public pools in my area. Guess who can use them? Anyone? NOPE. Paying members, residents, etc. That is how private property works in America. Want to come protest?

what swimwear will be tolerated?

What do you care? Driving up there for a swim? Need to wear something offensive to the eye?

think i could get some baby-backs in the restaurant?

ya, ok.

I just got back from KFC and they did not serve me ribs there either. Help me start a campaign to protest the evil Muslim empire KFC!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Thanks...we were typing at the same time apparently.

Right. It's a community issue. Funding for any community center or religious building generally comes from the community or congregation.

Hoped I did not speak out of turn but it seemed really odd to me for anyone to ask anyone in this thread to put up funds in order to stand behind the opinion that there should not be such opposition to the building. Call me crazy.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dd923e39ed4.jpg[/atsimg]

I think its sexy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f756a85cb9d0.jpg[/atsimg]

This new swimsuit outfit with shark face surf board will make heads turn on the beach this summer, and maybe even make a few heads roll!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3e7b6d4b900.jpg[/atsimg]

Taliban approved!

[edit on 7-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Equinox99

Hello
I have questions and since you seem to be ok with things, Im thinking maybe you could answer them please.

Where is Feisal Abdul Rauf?
Are you going to put your money where your mouth is? It is the right thing to do, he needs his supporters to back him up.

Best Regards,
sweetliberty

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

I don't care who Feisal Abdul Rauf is, this is my opinion. I think they are entitled to build their mosque where they feel is necessary. It is their constitutional right.

reply to post by neo96

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. The correct use of the term requires the elements of intolerance, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

The term has evolved to refer to persons hostile to people of differing race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation and religion in modern English usage.

Thank you very much. I know I used the word correctly.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Equinox99]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
Call me Crazy.

OK, you're nuts.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by Equinox99

Hello
I have questions and since you seem to be ok with things, Im thinking maybe you could answer them please.

Where is Feisal Abdul Rauf?
Are you going to put your money where your mouth is? It is the right thing to do, he needs his supporters to back him up.

Best Regards,
sweetliberty

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

I don't care who Feisal Abdul Rauf is, this is my opinion. I think they are entitled to build their mosque where they feel is necessary. It is their constitutional right.

reply to post by neo96

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. The correct use of the term requires the elements of intolerance, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

The term has evolved to refer to persons hostile to people of differing race, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation and religion in modern English usage.

Thank you very much. I know I used the word correctly.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Equinox99]

there is such a thing as a person expressing their opinions without "bigotry"

to me it sounds like your guilty of doing the same thing...

i see no tolerance in your words man

feel free to disagree

[edit on 7-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So you don't consider this bigotry? You don't want them to build a mosque near the twin towers because they are Muslim? If that isn't bigotry than I don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Press Missing Point of Ground Zero Mosque Battle?
Media gravitates to impassioned arguments surrounding both sides of issue

video.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by neo96

So you don't consider this bigotry? You don't want them to build a mosque near the twin towers because they are Muslim? If that isn't bigotry than I don't know what is.

im not gonna rehash 28 pages of postings to justify my postion on the mosque

im not the one going around here labeling everyone who disagrees with me.

you dont mind it fine
i do mind it for what it represents.

call me whatever name you want to thats fine.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

if this iman is such a bridgebuilder, why doesn't he build the happy mosque in a country that could use it?

Because he is an American just like you.
i'll tell ya why, he'd have his head handed to him.

spread the good word about the US in a place that needs some?

He is not trying to spread the good word about America.
well hell, lol, what is it exactly that he IS spreading?

btw, who can use the pool? anyone?

4 public pools in my area. Guess who can use them? Anyone? NOPE. Paying members, residents, etc. That is how private property works in America. Want to come protest?

of course ya gotta pay! no prob!

What do you care? Driving up there for a swim? Need to wear something offensive to the eye?

err, i won't wear something that weighs more than i do when wet.
and another thing, lol, who's eye are we talking about?

sounds like trouble, actually. swimsuit police!

think i could get some baby-backs in the restaurant?

ya, ok.

I just got back from KFC and they did not serve me ribs there either. Help me start a campaign to protest the evil Muslim empire KFC!

kfc means kentuckey fried CHICKEN. macd's has a boneless rib sandwich tho.

he still should put this where it will do the most good. some tribal area in pakistan or afganistan, saudi arabia.

we really need these guys to tell everyone we ain't so bad.

after the attacks, 9/11 and the wars, you know, we are misunderstood, so every little bit helps.

thanks for the reply.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The U.S. made bin Laden is what bin Laden himself said, paraphrased, of course.

How does the imam repeating that to bring awareness to it translate to the imam himself blaming the U.S?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by neo96

How does the imam repeating that to bring awareness to it translate to the imam himself blaming the U.S?

to me a self proclaimed man of god or allah is repeating what a self proclaimed holy warrior says........

anyway i look at those words i am not seeing a man of peace or bridge builder...

to me thats trying to incite a negative responses(emotions) for the simple fact there are millions of americans who have a severe dislike for the man( yeah you can call it hatred if you want)

to me there are a myraid of ways to heal other than opening old wounds.

i have major problems when people blame other people for how they turn out.,, tell me how really when every individual is responsible for every action or non action they themselves do.

to me indiivdual responsibilty is dead in america and the world today- hell lets just blame everyone else except the one who actually does the act or deed.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by Lucidity

We financed Bin Laden in the war against the Soviet Union. And when he won, how did he repay us?......By blowing up the USS Cole and the twin towers among other things.

Bin Laden made himself what he has become, not the US. Quit making excuses for the worlds most infamous terrorist.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

kfc means kentuckey fried CHICKEN.

Very good. A muslim community center would mean Halou. Why is one a problem for you and one not?

macd's has a boneless rib sandwich tho.

Because they are neither a halou eatery or a straight up chicken place. I fail to see how that clears up your issue with getting ribs from a muslim?

he still should put this where it will do the most good. some tribal area in pakistan or afganistan, saudi arabia.

How would that help other Americans out?

we really need these guys to tell everyone we ain't so bad.

How about you do it?

after the attacks, 9/11 and the wars, you know, we are misunderstood, so every little bit helps.

I would be happy to fund your ticket.

[edit on 8-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Yep, We made him.

No one has to make excuses. Those are his words. He told us why he did it. www.guardian.co.uk...

If anyone is making excuses here it's bin Laden himself, not me or the imam.

Anyone missing or twisting this fact, Hanniity, is either ignorant or being intentionally disingenuous or deceptive.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If there was a synagouge to be built at the same location instead of a mosque, this thread would've been atleast 100 pages by now, all saying how the "Evil Jews" are taking over USA symbolically.

Almost everyone that defends this highly unethical mosque construction at the location (or vincinity) of Ground Zero would be speaking of the complete opposite, and you know it.

Just sayin'

[edit on 8-8-2010 by explosivo]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by explosivo

I guess since I have no idea what you are talking about, I am a little curious.

Why would we be saying such a thing?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by explosivo

No such thing would happen. There are synagogues all over the place in NYC. And churches. And as someone mentioned earlier strip clubs. If this was to be a Christian or Jewish or any other kind of community center, no one would peep.

The point here seems to be that in some minds alleged Muslims allegedly took down the towers, therefore all Muslims are evil and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near ground zero. Quite the leap.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Fareed Zakaria Returns Honor From ADL Because Of Their "Ground Zero Mosque" Stance

Fareed's opinion, in which he summarizes the key issues surrounding this controversy.

While the ADL is not opposing the project, they have taken the stance that they would prefer it be somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Psychology of Excuses

www.ehow.com...

Function
•Excuses shift causes or blame away from ourselves, letting us feel it's not our fault. They also protect our self-image, helping us feel good about ourselves regardless of our actions.

Here we have the effect or some of the effects I should say...

Effects
•Positive effects of excuses are repairing damage to one's self-image and avoiding emotional damage to the party to whom the excuse is made. Negative effects are fostering a sense of helplessness and losing credibility in the eyes of our peers.

Excuses are usually transparent by the ones who need to portray a superior image although cunning, they eventually hang themselves.

Time is our friend.

In any case, what we have is time and patience.

I feel our laws and freedoms will prevail. The question might be, will we seek answers within?

Best Regards,
sweetliberty

[edit on 8-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 8-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join