It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Ground Zero Imam Heading to Saudi Arabia, UAE …

pajamasmedia.com...

Fund raising?

www.forbes.com...

At the State Department, which presumably will be spending taxpayer money on Rauf's tour,

The state department?

HUH?

gets the green light and bam off to the wonderful world of the saudis....

for a guy who has no money i guess the checkbooks will be getting pulled out.

its been said the mosque was gonna be built with private donations well pretty clear who is donating.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by starseed33
I cant believe this is being allowed.This is a total outrage!After what happened on 911 and they allow this.If this dont make people mad I dont know what will.This country needs to wake up NOW! This government has got to be showed who runs this country.Im so pissed off I dont even know what else to say!All I can say is people need to get their noses out of the tv and look at whats happening.

Listen Mr. Bigot, can you even read what you posted?

I don't really see the big deal about building a mosque near ground zero. If anything they are trying to reach out and show they want to be a part of America.

Sure the terrorists were Muslim, the guys who dropped the bombs on Japan were Christian...what is your point exactly?

Does that mean every Christian is a blood hungry savage? Wasn't Bush a Christian? Didn't he invade Iraq and kill many innocent people?

You really aren't making sense. If your country invades and sabotages another country it is alright, but if a terror organization do it, it is OK to invade a different country?

Terrorists = Saudi Arabia
Invaded = Afghanistan + Iraq

Make sense?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Hello
I have questions and since you seem to be ok with things, Im thinking maybe you could answer them please.

Where is Feisal Abdul Rauf?
Are you going to put your money where your mouth is? It is the right thing to do, he needs his supporters to back him up.

Best Regards,
sweetliberty

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Originally posted by starseed33
I cant believe this is being allowed.This is a total outrage!After what happened on 911 and they allow this.If this dont make people mad I dont know what will.This country needs to wake up NOW! This government has got to be showed who runs this country.Im so pissed off I dont even know what else to say!All I can say is people need to get their noses out of the tv and look at whats happening.

Listen Mr. Bigot, can you even read what you posted?

I don't really see the big deal about building a mosque near ground zero. If anything they are trying to reach out and show they want to be a part of America.

Sure the terrorists were Muslim, the guys who dropped the bombs on Japan were Christian...what is your point exactly?

Does that mean every Christian is a blood hungry savage? Wasn't Bush a Christian? Didn't he invade Iraq and kill many innocent people?

You really aren't making sense. If your country invades and sabotages another country it is alright, but if a terror organization do it, it is OK to invade a different country?

Terrorists = Saudi Arabia
Invaded = Afghanistan + Iraq

Make sense?

i dont see how you get bigotry out of that post he actually posted in this thread without bring up bush or world war 2.

bigotry:

bigot - a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

me thinks there is a bigot on here tho

[edit on 7-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae
That is just crazy. Sorry but I cannot think of a better word. I never once thought for a moment there would be opposition to any house of worship anyone wanted to build on private property in NYC before or since 9/11.

Crazy?

Everybody thinks I'm crazy, yes siree that's me that's me...that's what I'm cracked up to be, I chop a hole in every tree....knock on wood...kn kn kn knock on woooood....So I'm crazy what what what can I dooooo, so are You.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Shocking Words From Ground Zero Mosque Imam
www.thefoxnation.com...

[edit on 7-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
Well by your own words in your very next sentence.....Someone... will always be upset and protest, so why even bother to ask that question?

Which question? You would be amazed at what reviewing a written conversation can do for an attention span.

You know, I gotta tell you,......when I squint my eyes and stare at your avatar, it looks just like a Skunk.

Did you ever notice that?

edited to add.... Woof!!!!!!!

I think someone is getting sweepy. Nap time?

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

I am sorry, I have no idea what your last two posts add to the conversation here at all.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Oh that first segment...

1. The imam says he won't judge Hamas one way or another because he views himself as a bridgebuilder.

2. Then, in a totally unrelated seque into how that because the imam won't disclose funding (which pretty much doesn't exist yet) Hannity assumes that if the funds come for Hamas (a total fabrication pulled out of his ass) they won't be "terrorist."

Hanniity is way out of line on both these counts. Shameful.

3. The imam is in NO way wrong about US foreign policy being partially to blame for the 9/11 attacks. Osama bin Laden's letters themselves stated this. Any idiot know this. This is an intentional twisting of words to alarm people who either don't know or don't

Yet from Hannity we have another leap of logic that the imam BLAMES the U.S. The imam did not BLAME the U.S.

Again, the imam is American. Let's not forget this. Why would a mayor need to vet the funds? And again, these are not the people who attacked the towers. They are people who lived in NYC far before these attacks.

4. Newt Gingrich should get his ass back to Georgia so I can harass him in the elevator at work some more.

Hannity does NOT speak for the majority of Americans. We must not forget that.

Again, shameful, not shocking.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

[snip] Luc!!!!

Opinions are like rear ends, everybody has one huh?

I wanted to ask you if you, as a supporter of the mosque, are going to donate any funds for this imam?

I feel it is the truest way to show support besides running off at the mouth.

Sharon Angle's supporters just gave 300,000 to her cause.

The supporters of this mosque should do the right thing. The American thing.

Removed personal attack

[edit on 7/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You honestly think that the only position to take on this mosque is either against it or in full support of it?

You do realize most of us are just NOT AGAINST IT, right? I would not give any money to ANY RELIGIOUS building but I would not protest it being built either.

Do you not understand the difference?

What I am FOR is the freedom of religion and freedom to do with private property what you like that is supposed to be part of what makes this country great. I am AGAINST people deciding which groups get to enjoy rights and which do not.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Oh that first segment...

1. The imam says he won't judge Hamas one way or another because he views himself as a bridgebuilder.

2. Then, in a totally unrelated seque into how that because the imam won't disclose funding (which pretty much doesn't exist yet) Hannity assumes that if the funds come for Hamas (a total fabrication pulled out of his ass) they won't be "terrorist."

Hanniity is way out of line on both these counts. Shameful.

3. The imam is in NO way wrong about US foreign policy being partially to blame for the 9/11 attacks. Osama bin Laden's letters themselves stated this. Any idiot know this. This is an intentional twisting of words to alarm people who either don't know or don't

Yet from Hannity we have another leap of logic that the imam BLAMES the U.S. The imam did not BLAME the U.S.

Again, the imam is American. Let's not forget this. Why would a mayor need to vet the funds? And again, these are not the people who attacked the towers. They are people who lived in NYC far before these attacks.

4. Newt Gingrich should get his ass back to Georgia so I can harass him in the elevator at work some more.

a man of god "allah" will not condemn or judge a known terrorist organization...........

then turns around and says......." the us made bin laden"

so he cant or will not judge hamas but openly judges the us

yeah thats a real bridgbuilder there
that speaks volumes to me.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

You honestly think that the only position to take on this mosque is either against it or in full support of it?

You do realize most of us are just NOT AGAINST IT, right? I would not give any money to ANY RELIGIOUS building but I would not protest it being built either.

Do you not understand the difference?

What I am FOR is the freedom of religion and freedom to do with private property what you like that is supposed to be part of what makes this country great. I am AGAINST people deciding which groups get to enjoy rights and which do not.

[edit on 7-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

No I don't think someone has to be either for or either against it.
Not at all.
You say you are for freedom of religion, I think we might just be in agreement.
Thats strange

I do feel however, since the post reply wasn't about you, that who it was directed to should fork over money. If she is going to run all over the place spreading such good will, she should spread some tithings too.

Btw, for a blurry skunk, your a cutie

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
if this iman is such a bridgebuilder, why doesn't he build the happy mosque in a country that could use it?

spread the good word about the US in a place that needs some?

btw, who can use the pool? anyone?

what swimwear will be tolerated?

think i could get some baby-backs in the restaurant?

ya, ok.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nlouise
This whole mosque thing is to light a fire under US citizens to create hatred/apathy, which will fuel a war with IRAQ, when that rabbit is pulled out the hat.

I think you mean Iran - but your point certainly has merit.

With all the publicity about this mosque, I think it's also possible that it is being used to see how many believe the official story and how many don't.

Those who believe the official story will be offended by this mosque, those who don't won't care.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Did you miss that part where he's an American? And this is his neighborhood and has been for over 30 years?

We need plenty of bridges here. That's more than obvious.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
so you are saying the US has more of a problem with islam than islam has with the US?

hard to believe, really.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I agree Trol......I mean Luc!!!!

Opinions are like rear ends, everybody has one huh?

I wanted to ask you if you, as a supporter of the mosque, are going to donate any funds for this imam?

I feel it is the truest way to show support besides running off at the mouth.

Sharon Angle's supporters just gave 300,000 to her cause.

The supporters of this mosque should do the right thing. The American thing.

Did you just call me a troll? Very classy.

Why would I donate funds? I am neither a supporter nor a detractor. I see this as a community issue for the community to handle as they are handling it.

That some politicians and pundits are using this as a wedge factor offends me.

Are you saying that I am running off at the mouth because I have an interest in the viral and media angles of this story?

What does Sharon Angle have to do with this? Perhaps you've seen my thread about her and this is a veiled snipe at that? Interesting.

I agree. The Islamic center is by Americans for Americans, and the right thing will happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
You say you are for freedom of religion, I think we might just be in agreement.
Thats strange

Somehow you still seem a little torn on how you really feel about that. Otherwise, what is the issue here?

I do feel however, since the post reply wasn't about you, that who it was directed to should fork over money. If she is going to run all over the place spreading such good will, she should spread some tithings too.

I guess I never got the impression the Lucidity was any more for it than I am. Maybe we just are not paying attention to the exact same things.

Btw, for a blurry skunk, your a cutie

Shucks, thanks.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Thanks...we were typing at the same time apparently.

Right. It's a community issue. Funding for any community center or religious building generally comes from the community or congregation.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join