It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Gosh, you mean just like the terrorists on 9/11 were just nutjobs too and not a reason to hate an entire religion?

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

Gosh, you mean just like the terrorists on 9/11 were just nutjobs too and not a reason to hate an entire religion?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Exactly! They were listening to their boss. AND like typical cowards, hiding behind religion!

Your welcome

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

post removed

*SNIP*
i·mam
   /ɪˈmɑm/
–noun Islam .
the officiating priest of a mosque.
the title for a Muslim religious leader or chief.
one of a succession of seven or twelve religious leaders, believed to be divinely inspired, of the Shiʿites.
www.seattlepi.com...

Federal agents yesterday searched the apartment of a prominent local Islamic leader detained by an FBI-led terrorism task force, and a judge ordered him held without bail.
FBI spokeswoman Beth Anne Steele said the FBI and Portland's Joint Terrorism Task Force searched the apartment of Sheik Mohamed Abdirahman Kariye, but she did not disclose other details.
Kariye faces felony charges of unlawful use of a Social Security number and unlawful possession of a U.S. government document. He has pleaded innocent to both charges.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Thu Aug 5 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
sry double post

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Quasar_La-Zar]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

That almost makes me want to root for the terrorists.

Congratulations, people have swayed me with general stupidity to side with many things, but you are the first to make me side with murderers.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Quasar_La-Zar the FBI has already been involved for quite some time now before this mosque/center was exposed.

They will be a part of this too.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

I think the guy is young and repeating what his friends or family say

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It doesn't change anything. The 1st generation of black lynchers after the Great Reconstruction were just imitating what they learned from their friends and family.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazar_La-Zar
What are the things Islam hates? American flags, American symbolic buildings, being gay, America period, Christianity/every other religion, Media and cartoons including Muhammad, and the biggest of all- WOMEN, just to list a few.

You forgot resturants, and nightclubs. They hate resturants because they can't force the women to go into the kitchen and start cooking.......And they hate nightclubs because they cant stand anybody having a good time.

Maybe we could blast some techno and hire Jay Leno to come down and pass out some cheeseburgers.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
posted in error

[edit on Thu Aug 5 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Well I do hope they change their thinking for the better.

Best Regards,
sl

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
some of the comments made as of late hasnt help the anti mosque arguement

if fact its done the oposite

but i think ive done more harm than anyone.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I posted a version of this elsewhere, but it applies here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who think the mosque is insensitive to 9/11 victims, Muslims died on 9/11 too. There were even Friday prayers held INSIDE the WTC for ~1500 muslims. Islam didn't attack the US on 9/11. Terrorists did. No one's building a shrine dedicated to terrorists!

Mosques promote PEACE and justice! They're places of worship. They don't allow HATE. They are being built to fight ignorance and insecurity among muslims, so that people will not follow extremists. Don't assume that all Muslims are advocating violence. There's 1,209 mosques in the US--they are NOT harboring terrorists. They promote scholarly, moderate views of Islam and provide services for the local muslims. Please visit them if you have doubts. They will welcome you and answer any questions you have.

And, there are local muslims in Manhattan. They need a place to worship. It's hard to find real estate in NYC, and now they have a chance. Yes, the terrorists of 9/11 were Muslim, but that has NOTHING to do with the muslims who are building this center OR the victims who died on 9/11.

Plus, it's not even primarily a mosque--it's a community center with a prayer area for muslims. It includes "fitness facilities (swimming pool, gym, basketball court), a 500-seat auditorium, a restaurant and culinary school, cultural amenities including exhibitions, education programs, a library and art studios, childcare services, a mosque (intended to be run separately from Park51 but open to and accessible to all members, visitors and our New York community), and dedicated meditation rooms" (Park51.org). It's like a YMCA or Jewish Community Center. It's open for any and all New Yorkers to use.

Honestly, would people rather keep an abandoned Burlington Coat Factory (that no one else has decided to rebuild) or a community center for all to use, promoting tolerance and understanding?

But hey, you know what IS insensitive. The fact that there's a strip club even closer to ground zero than the Cordoba House site. There's a slap in the face of all those who died, but I don't hear about how the "ground zero strip club" dishonors the memory of the victims.

Please, look at it from the perspective of the Muslim minority in the country. They are maybe 1% of the population. There's all this hatred against them, insults at their religion, and protests against their mosques. Heck, the mosque in my community gets vandalized every couple years. A radio host even called for this mosque to be blown up (see www.chron.com... ), yet there's no major outcry. Other mosques in the country are being attacked (see www.aolnews.com... and wokv.com... ), but again, no major outcry. Yet when one tiny muslim group threatens violence (as in the south park case), it's all over the news, and people blame Islam. There are extremists and terrorists within all groups. Christian extremists don't represent Christianity just like muslim extremists don't represent Islam.

Muslims choose to live in THIS country because they were born here or they came here, for a reason. That reason is there is more freedom here than elsewhere. They're not trying to impose themselves on society. They just want to be left alone like anyone else. They are as patriotic as any other American. They want to believe in the American dream too, but they feel they are being shut out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Fri Aug 6 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by operation mindcrime

OK, I said I'd get back to you. I don't think there will be a problem. Seems NYers are much cooler about this than others. Someone from out of the city might drive that UPS truck but that would be a whacko that would be doing it where he could anyway.

Thank you for getting back to me...

And this is where the problem lies (for me at least). Respect to the NYers for showing how they do not buckle under pressure and have the balls to hold up the value of tolerance after what they have been through but...

Even the potential thread of some wacko with a UPS truck loaded with explosive isn't going to scare them......

The good Imam apparently already had a mosque in this city for 27 years. Did you know? I didn't. Nobody knew (except for a hand full NYers). Now go ask any American If they know Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf......

My point is, it has become a controversial issue. This place, this location has become a controversial issue. No matter what it's actual location regarding the WTC is or if the NYers object to it or not.....this has become a controversial building (and it isn't even build!!) and trouble will eventually follow.

Again I can understand that the population of this city is ready to sacrifice a couple of it's own defending it's values but I am questioning the organization's motivations. Are they also willing...??

I all honesty, if a Church was to be erected on a location in NY that we'd know would have the potential for attracting trouble. I think that any normal thinking person (NY has a lot of those) would tell the good father that a house of worship might be important but the safety of this community even more, so if you don't mind. Build it a couple of block further away. We believe your message of peace is a noble one but no bombs going off during morning traffic is something we believe in..

Not that it is in the hands of the NYers, the imam has every right to build his center...but what is his motivation for his willingness to sacrifice?

Oh cr*p...I just got it...religion is about being a martyr...

Peace

Peace

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join