It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
Chalk it off to misunderstanding please.

Fair enough

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
Believers! Wage war against the Infidels living in your neighborhood....Qur'an 9:123

You know what New Yorkers?.....If you want this aberration in your town, go for it.....I wont speak out against it anymore.

Seriously here for a moment. I have a real question for you. If that quote is from the qu'ran and you believe it tells all Muslims to wage war against non-Muslims so the end result of this mosque is going to be bad, what is going wrong with all the other mosques in NYC? What are they waiting for? They read the same book, right?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

edit to add I did NOT go on a search and pick what I wanted to pick, I copied and pasted at random.

If that was a dig at me because people do not like my poll, you are missing something important. My poll was from the neighborhood the mosque will be in. I saw no need to find out what people thought 20 miles away because then I would have to consider 40 miles away and 80 and 160 and so on and as I have stated, the farther you get from the site the less approval you find. The only people that should get a say are the people that will have to live with it and THAT IS THE POLL I POSTED.

But hey, lets see if some people un Cuba oppose it too?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

"Jihad" has been tarnished by the extremists. It means "struggle". With one's self. With one's sinfulness. Much of the Qu'ran has misinterpreted, same as the Bible.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

edit to add I did NOT go on a search and pick what I wanted to pick, I copied and pasted at random.

If that was a dig at me because people do not like my poll, you are missing something important. My poll was from the neighborhood the mosque will be in. I saw no need to find out what people thought 20 miles away because then I would have to consider 40 miles away and 80 and 160 and so on and as I have stated, the farther you get from the site the less approval you find. The only people that should get a say are the people that will have to live with it and THAT IS THE POLL I POSTED.

But hey, lets see if some people un Cuba oppose it too?

No No, that wasn't a dig at you at all

I said that because we are patroled by police on here....

as if Daddy ATS wasn't doing his job I guess, lol.

I was just trying to stop so much verbal violence, finger pointing ect.... before they got started.

Best Regards,
sl

[edit on 5-8-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

If you choose to look at my recent posts you will see this is not just a New York issue, it's much larger than that imo.

Obviously we need to ask other countries how they feel before we allow someone to build on private property in the US, right?

LOSS OF LIFE ON 9/11
People from 83 different countries died in the attacks on the World Trade Center.

General question not to you but from what you have posted -

When do we check with those 82 other countries or is this all getting a little silly? Should we ask each and every person in the US how they feel? How about people that died between 9/11 and now? Should we consider what they might have told their friends they would have wanted? I am sure there are folks that since then have moved out of the country. Do we still check with them? Does it matter if they are now citizens of another country but were US citizens when it happened? Do they get two votes if they were here when 9/11 went down and are not a part of one of those specific 82 other countries impacted? How many people's feelings do we need to take into account before we decide which religious groups get freedom of religion in this country?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Adevoc Satanae]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

LOL, well ok. Good thing I starred you looking up and posting all that info anyway but I wanted to make sure it was clear I was not picking and choosing a favorable poll, just the most local one.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is not good at all, I am 100% against this, and yes I am bashing islam, and I do not care, 9-11 was a islam fueled attack. This is indeed a slap in the face to all Americans, Think if you were one of those people that died, if you could see that they are building this, they would commit spiritual suicide! Well since we Americans are so accepting of other cultures, why don't we build a Hitler statue next to lady liberty?

I say we fly remote controlled airplanes around it to celebrate the opening

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by sweetliberty

LOL, well ok. Good thing I starred you looking up and posting all that info anyway but I wanted to make sure it was clear I was not picking and choosing a favorable poll, just the most local one.

Well I'm about to post something else and I'm already seeing stars
and not in a good way.

You might not like it! But I'm all for reading up on both sides of this.....

Best Regards,
sl

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
it pretty much boils downs to how liberals feel about christians( we all have heard them use the terms like " jesus freak" " bible thumper" etc)

You totally forgot murderer, child rapist, theif.

more and more people are weary of muslims.

I know more people abused by priests than harmed by Muslims in any fashion. More and more people should just be weary of people and stop trying so hard to demonize groups of millions of people of the actions of a small percentage.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
www.newsmax.com...

Opponents Question Ground Zero Mosque's Murky Funding, Mysterious Sponsors

Later in the article it states

In appealing the commission's finding that the building fails to qualify for historic preservation, Sekulow pointed out that the landing gear from the first airliner to slam into the trade center plummeted to earth and crashed through the roof of the very structure now scheduled to be demolished for construction of the "ground zero mosque."

"That should have been enough to have it deemed landmark status," Sekulow tells Newsmax. "Instead, and this is what is so unusual about this, months ago the Landmark Commission approved the idea of having a mosque there.

"That's not their job. Their job's not to approve whether it’s a mosque or not.
Their job is to determine whether the building has landmark significance . . . they've thwarted their own policies in order to do a politically correct thing here by approving this mosque at ground zero."

Later is states

The Cordoba Initiative, which describes its objective on its website as "steering the world back to the course of mutual recognition and respect and away from heightened tensions," is led by Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf and his wife, Daisy Khan. The organization lists scores of "supporters" on its home page, including 9/11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, the American Jewish Committee, the Interfaith Center of New York, St. Bartholomew's Church, and the Episcopal Diocese of New York.

The site does not specify, however, whether any of those organizations has contributed financially to the cultural center project.

The organization's website solicits donations by directing donors to a PayPal account, and does not require disclosure of identity other than payment information and an e-mail address.

edit to add it even comes with a video but I haven't figured out how to embed those yet.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It is too bad you do not understand terrorism a little better as you are allowing yourself to become victim to it in ways no other person could do to or for you.

They do not fly planes into buildings to kill specific people. They did not have buildings full of ideal targets. They did it to instill fear. They want you scared of them. They want to know that what they did made you fall to your knees and cry like a baby before deciding to fill your heart with hate for a religion.

How are you not handing them victory by demanding we deny our own people rights out of fear? Sorry but I am not really in the mood to hand the terrorists what they want. I would really appreciate it if those who did would go and give it to them and leave us to bravely enjoy the freedoms that used to make this country something to brag about and have pride in.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Seriously here for a moment. I have a real question for you. If that quote is from the qu'ran and you believe it tells all Muslims to wage war against non-Muslims so the end result of this mosque is going to be bad, what is going wrong with all the other mosques in NYC? What are they waiting for? They read the same book, right?

I hope there is nothing going wrong with all the other mosques in NYC. And let me say first off that I do not believe that all Muslims adhere to the hijacked version of the Qur'an......at least I hope that they do not.

But this is the way that it always starts. It starts off slowly, then it gradually becomes accepted, and civil liberties are slowly eroded.

Its been 9 years in the making....What would the reaction have been if the idea to build a mosque had been floated right after 9-11?.........Do you think that it would have been met with approval by the people in the neighborhood back then? Do you think that our despicable politicians would have approved and given the green light back then?......but time wears emotions, and politicians jump to the tune.

I said that I wouldn't speak out against it any more and I will not. If this is what the people want, then that's fine with me.

But just remember, the ultimate goal of Islam, as with any religion, is universal acceptance of its laws and beliefs......The ultimate goal of Islam is the worldwide imposition of Sharia Law.....What better laboratory in the world is there to further this goal other than the United States?

Now you might think to yourself, like I have heard others mention here on ATS, that Sharia Law will never become the law of the land in the US..........But then again, who would have thought 9 years ago that a mosque would be built within blocks of Ground Zero?....this is how it starts.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
you mean those religious leaders that everyone thought they knew and who ends up being pedophiles...etc.....

i see what your saying man..... specualtion or not noone is ever what they seem

you can spend 30 years thinking you know some and sometimes it turns out noone knows them at all.

EVERYONE IS BAD AND SCURRY!!!!!!!!!

E V E R Y O N E !

You need to build a shelter and get in it and hide for all eternity. All priests really are child molestors; ALL OF THEM!!!!! All Muslims are plotting to kill you, no matter who you are or where you are from their base in NYC, once it is built - where else are they gonna plan? Some other mosque? In NY? Pfffffft! Everyone you have ever known for less than 31 years is different than you think and nothing but pure evil. HIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingSleipner

What a bunch of one sided idealistic emptiness that was. Nowhere in the constitution does it guarantee you the right to not be offended either. All legal hurdles have been cleared and the right to build has been granted. All your talk of rights and constitutionality apply both ways. They do now have the right to build there because they paid for it and got approved. You failed to show anything pointing out any justification for any opposition to it all other than hurt feelings and hurt feelings are not protected by the constitution either.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar

lol......That is so funny dude....Classic.

I think we're on the same wavelength...I can't stop laughing..

edited to add....maybe they could dive and snatch burqas off the heads of the women as they walk into the mosque.
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
maybe not but most muslims do adhere to sharia law
or whatever imams interpretation of it.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yeah I know he does not have it right but I am more curious why anyone things this mosque is the one they need in order to obey what he thinks their religion is alredy telling them to do. You know? If he believes they are supposed to kill any non-muslims in town, why does he think they have not been killing from the 100+ mosques already there?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well since we Americans are so accepting of other cultures, why don't we build a Hitler statue next to lady liberty?

Nah, he was a Christian and you know how persecuted the poor Christians in America are. Mormons are not even allowed to rape their daughters anymore. Shame.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Well since we Americans are so accepting of other cultures, why don't we build a Hitler statue next to lady liberty?

Nah, he was a Christian and you know how persecuted the poor Christians in America are. Mormons are not even allowed to rape their daughters anymore. Shame.

You know what? Thats all crap!

Men who do these things are cowards period!

Can't you see past labels? Do you have to bash religion? Can you be wiser than that? Or are you so against religion that you DONT SEE THE MAN WHO IS THE PROBLEM?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join