It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mosque near ground zero greenlighted

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
a beautiful woman is a terrible thing to waste.

Yes it is!.....So true.... So true.

I am really glad to hear that. For a minute there I was starting to think you were a Democrat.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Adevoc Satanae

Its not about distance or how far away.

We, as a country, need to step and and make the area of ground zero a place where everyone feels welcome and everyone feels the men that died are being respected.

The only good answer is a place of all faiths, just as all the men were that died, of all faiths.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I believe my reasons to be sound and valid.

Let the religions come together, show us they mean peace and love.

I agree, as i said on another thread,

Something interfaith would be desirable,

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Well I thank for your critique.
As for myself, tomorrow I will wake up knowing that you too believe that the mosque should not be built. As the only argument you had was the FACT that concerning 9/11: Not all Muslims are terrorists but so far all the terroists HAVE been Muslim.

Good night my friend.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Its not about distance or how far away.

We, as a country, need to step and and make the area of ground zero a place where everyone feels welcome and everyone feels the men that died are being respected.

Then how is it not about distance? What is the radius of what you want to consider holy ground? How far out from ground zero do you want to go?

The only good answer is a place of all faiths, just as all the men were that died, of all faiths.

Super, where. Within what boundaries.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I'm not sure if you are intending to say "men" here or if perhaps there is a language issue, but only the men? Not the women too?

[edit on 8/3/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
a beautiful woman is a terrible thing to waste.

Yes it is!.....So true.... So true.

I am really glad to hear that. For a minute there I was starting to think you were a Democrat.

dude you made my nite

i am so far from a democrat that was hilarious

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nocents

Well I thank for your critique.
As for myself, tomorrow I will wake up knowing that you too believe that the mosque should not be built. As the only argument you had was the FACT that concerning 9/11: Not all Muslims are terrorists but so far all the terroists HAVE been Muslim.

Good night my friend.

That is the most convoluted post I have ever read on ATS and I have read posts by time travelers and aliens. I could care less if it has been built and you are wrong about all terrorists since 9/11. What is happening inside your head after you read my posts seems fascinating. Get some rest and try again tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

I'm not sure if you are intending to say "men" here or if perhaps there is a language issue, but only the men? Not the women too?

You're not by any chance talking about the hijackers/terrorists are you? They were all men.

It was and has been just very poor choice of words, on my part.

Part of my language growing up was like that....the use of the word 'guys' meant everyone, girls and boys.

My bad...not trying to mean anything by that.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Super, where. Within what boundaries.

Ide say the closer the better. Some place that is close enough to ground zero that it takes just a couple minutes for the families and visitors or ones who want to pay respect with their presences....that if they then wish to have a place to offer praise or thanks....it is there for them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Okay, thanks, just thought I'd check. I say guys too lol

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

I haven't finished reading the entire thread through but I'll go ahead and reply to your post to me before I lose track of it. It is hard for me to answer all the points you bring up. First off let me say I haven't lost any of my own friends or family in 9-11 but my husband and his friends have. We had a good friend go through hell in the aftermath looking for two loved ones killed there. A childhood friend of my husband and his siblings died.

The survivors have gone on to actions of great honor and dignity to memorialize their lost loved ones. The mom of the childhood friend has gone to Africa to help found an organization that educates and helps impoverished children. This woman is in her eighties! While the pain is still too raw for many of our friends to discuss their losses or any related subjects I have noticed how much positive endeavors they have put out there to compensate for the evil of that day.

So I can only say that whatever response we give to this issue of the new mosque, we have to strive to keep it positive and dignified. So think...whatever is the opposite behavior of some of those in other lands who cheered the deaths of the 9-11 victims.

I think one fine example of a dignified and strong response in the aftermath of tragedy came from the Amish who prayed for and reached out to the wife of the man who killed the Amish schoolgirls a couple of years back. They had every reason to react with hatred and suspicion of the outside world that intruded so violently into their lives and stole the lives of their children. They only reaffirmed the strength of faith and love and generosity instead.

I think it is more weak to live in hatred and paranoia. It is bad enough we have to go through intrusive searches in airports and public buildings. We lost so much of our dignity and freedom to the terrorists already. I'll be darned if I give them the satisfaction of dignifying any possible insult ...if that is indeed what this mosque is supposed to be...with a response. Let them spend their money on pettiness if that is what they wish. How foolish of them and childish of them IF that is truly what they are after.

And speaking of spending money...the REAL insult in my opinion is that all these years later we still don't have a proper memorial up for our own people. What's up with THAT?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sorry for double posts and poorly worded posts. I'm having trouble reading and editing my posts on an iPad. It also autocorrects and does strange things to my sentences and many words that I can't easily fix. I also keep accidentally putting people on Ignore list and possibly am making foes of people accidentally. Please bear with me. I'm waiting to get all the parts I need to get my pc fixed.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Just felt this deserved to be repeated....

And speaking of spending money...the REAL insult in my opinion is that all these years later we still don't have a proper memorial up for our own people. What's up with THAT?

It is a shame, truly.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Ide say the closer the better. Some place that is close enough to ground zero that it takes just a couple minutes for the families and visitors or ones who want to pay respect with their presences....that if they then wish to have a place to offer praise or thanks....it is there for them.

You seem to be going out of your way to be as vague as possible. It is a simple question.

What distance from ground zero would it be ok to begin building individual houses of worship?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adevoc Satanae

You seem to be going out of your way to be as vague as possible. It is a simple question.

What distance from ground zero would it be ok to begin building individual houses of worship?

I am against any ONE religion building a new place of worship near the ground zero area (lets say general, 10 mins walking distance). Once we establish a place of all faiths to congregate at....Im not sure I would have a issue then with another place of 1 religion.

Like I said in another post...if we could avoid the 1 religion idea of a new place near ground zero....we then dont have to worry about 'how far away'....its then....lets get it as close as we can.

We need to make a memorial...and offer all people of all faiths a place to congregate to near ground zero.

Edit to add...to fix my errors in quoting...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The thing is two blocks away.It's not hallowed ground. It's an empty spot of real estate that should have been used already.

We have freedom of religion in this country. If somebody wants to make a mosque in New York City, they are allowed to pending approval of any permits that are required to build.

To all those that have an issue with this, a question:

Would anybody be complaining if a Christian church was built 2 blocks away?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Originally posted by MY2Commoncentsworth

I fail to see how I am twisting words here.

When's the last time you got your vision checked?

It's plain and simple in my eyes.

Yeah, you should go to an eye doctor soon.

You corrected the translation, then you say they are not your words but they are Gods words.

OK, let's take baby steps. Yes, the translation is composed of my words. The Qur'an itself, in Arabic, is composed of God's words. I'm only trying to relay to you God's message (because it's in Arabic), so you can understand what God says.

So which is it? You can't have it both ways. You either believe in those words of your God or else you don't.

Yeah, I believe in what God says. So?

This is why there is so much mistrust of Muslims in America.......

Yes, there's so much mistrust because you can't understand the basic concept of a translation. That's what it all comes down to. Congratulations, now that you've figured out the problem, fixing it should be easy.

This is why the Mosque at Ground Zero is so controversial.

Why is that again?

I thought it was "controversial" because the bigots are really loud.

The translation reads ...."may God destroy them." ....(Christians and Jews who believe that God has a son.).....not because they were persecuting Muslims.

We're talking about 2 different things here. This curse ("may God destroy them") is talking about Christians and Jews who spread lies about God and followed the lies their forefathers spread, without thinking for themselves.

When I mentioned the persecution of muslims, I was responding to your claim that muslims are compelled to kill christians and jews. I thought you were referring to other verses that give permission to fight. I was putting those verses in proper context since they applied to the Prophet and his companions when they were being persecuted. I was saying that these other verses don't compel muslims to fight unjustly--they apply in situations when muslims are being persecuted, and even then, there are a lot of limitations.

Two different things--not sure why you got mixed up.

And just whose lies am I spreading??????....Whose lies am I following??????

Your own lies.

....and if God curses me, I will welcome it.

I (and probably anyone else who believes in God) am sorry that you would feel this way.

No one who believes in him will be disappointed.

Indeed.

But by your own words you say that God will destroy me because I believe that Jesus is his son.

I say that God says that His Curse is upon those people described in the verse. Believe whatever you want.

Whose ignorance is really apparent here?

Yours, as usual.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I am against any ONE religion building a new place of worship near the ground zero area (lets say general, 10 mins walking distance). Once we establish a place of all faiths to congregate at....Im not sure I would have a issue then with another place of 1 religion.

Personally, I feel that because all of us were affected by 9/11 on the East Coast, many of us had friends and family in the WTC, the pentagon, or in areas where we were generally frightened, no mosques should be built anywhere north of Washington D.C. It's just too soon, and it flies in the face of what occurred to all of us in that area.

Furthermore, I think it's horrendous that the John F Kennedy airport is still up. The TSA knows that without planes terrorists couldn't have attacked us on 9/11. Yet the airport still stands so close to where the WTC buildings once were. I suggest everybody to call the House of Representatives and close down that terminal. It's just not right to have the weapons of those buildings destruction to be so close in proximity.

It's also just downright repulsive to see that gravity still exists anywhere in New York City. Those intellectuals and scientists know that the THEORY of gravity (and it's just a theory!) was the major contributor to the fall of those buildings. How can we sit here, only 9 years later, and just be so complacent to see gravity still exist in NYC. this is an insult to all those who lost their lives in those buildings, that we let their killers unbridled access to the city. I will personally be calling Bill Nye, the Science Guy, to see what he can do to stop this once and for all.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
bulldoze it burn it down whatever but they shouldnt build it on ground where many americans lost there lives because some allah loving &^(%$#*&^!@# decided they dont like amerca an bombed it

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join