It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
hm, that second video is a little better version, but it looks like the pipe with multiple "taps" kinda rolls over. But it could be as claimed. I dont have problem with the physics of several "bubbles" forming a coulpe 10s of meters wide and expelling gas. It probably happens ALL over the ocean floor. Its not like we watch every square inch of the ocean floor before this disaster.. Just saying

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger
Another video of possible methane bubble.

This guy has a serious problem with perspective. Either that or he is genuinely misleading people on this. I'm starting to lean towards the latter, due to his advertising his products for the coming cataclysm (although his website is currently down?).

After another round of misguided hyperbole, we see another ROV moving near the sea floor. Just as it starts tilting forward and moving, yet again it kicks up silt causing turbidity in front of the camera. PropheticSeer claims that "this is not from the rover". The Millenium Plus ROV has a total of 4,400 lbs of thrust. How he is able to rule them out is questionable at best.

He then justifies this by saying "the Earth bulged!". It is clear to me yet again, that the ROV is moving, not the sea floor. He seems to think these ROV's are mere stationary camera platforms that don't move on their own power.

Try watching the videos with the sound off. Just ignore the dramatic commentary, and think for yourself. Don't just blindly believe this guy, as he clearly has an agenda.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

Ya the guy has a serious ego problem . Presenting a video of evidence is one thing, but to have a whiny commentary of self serving childish spew, ruins the video.
I do not think the new thread should have been shut down as it is a totally different video to be analized and immediatly got tons of stars. There is some serious explaining to do on this second video as I saw the floor pop in a serious way. I agree the first video could be rover movement but the second video demands more attention in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The second video was posted on this thread before the second thread was created. It is on the page prior to this one.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

boomer. I just saw another similar 'disturbance' on Boa Deep C 1 about 15 minutes ago. It's been happening fairly regularly tonight.

It's hard to say what I saw, for certain, though. Obviously something, but i'm not as positive as you are about what 'it' actually is. i cant see where it comes from, and considering issues with light and video quality, i tend to not be so certain.

but i agree that is the first assumption.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by boomadatigger

boomer. I just saw another similar 'disturbance' on Boa Deep C 1 about 15 minutes ago. It's been happening fairly regularly tonight.

It's hard to say what I saw, for certain, though. Obviously something, but i'm not as positive as you are about what 'it' actually is. i cant see where it comes from, and considering issues with light and video quality, i tend to not be so certain.

but i agree that is the first assumption.

I'm not positive what it is either that's why I created the thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
well, i might have titled the thread a bit different, then, but thats just personal taste.

Thats really where we are, tho, right? We have no idea what we are looking at. If we DO see anything worthwhile, they are probably going to just turn the cameras off. We dont even know how many ROV's are down there, so we cant account for thrusters and whatnot off screen.

The only reason i tend to think its NOT the sea floor 'lifting up' as you say, is because it all settles back down again. I would guess that if the sea floor did raise to that degree,or release pressure, or explode, that we would see some serious chaos, not just the settling down of 'dust' as if there was a disturbance of some kind.

i mean, read the up to the minute thread. We're all just guessing in the dark, for the most part.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
duble poste

[edit on 7-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I understood your elevator analogy but doesn't that depend upon the camera not being able to tilt independently of the ROV?

I checked your linked video of the ROV and actually watched it previously trying to understand where the ROV's arms pivot from and to familiarize myself with it in general. It also states in the brochure's specs that it has auto depth/auto heading/auto altitude, which supports your thoughts further.

I'm saying that it's entirely possible that the camera is tilting (not panning and not trying to be a stickler but there is a difference) because of what we can see in the beginning of the video.

Those were my initial thoughts but I guess I'm retracting my final statement from my last post because of the following.

I took the relevant parts of the video, put them side by side and looped it 4 times. I didn't alter anything but simply resized them and because of the smaller size it's best to watch in full screen. The right video is from the beginning and the left is from the alleged sea floor rise portion. I don't see the arm moving in either video. Using the item to the right as a reference, I've determined that the camera can tilt independently of the ROV's arm and of the item from the video on the right. What is that item anyways? It looks like its sitting on the sea floor, has a hydraulic hose attached to it and is independent of the ROV's movement and is stationary . Everything else I say is dependent upon that assumption. The video on the left is different though since the item doesn't move with the camera. So what does that show? Regardless of if the ROV was on the sea floor or hovering, or it the camera moved with the arm, ROV or independently, if the item on the right is stationary throughout the video, what does that imply?

(click to open player in new window)

Here's the direct link cause I screwed up the embedding code.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious and falling for the illusion but I've been starring at the video's side by side while writing this and something doesn't appear right. It also doesn't jive with other things I've said previously such as the hardness of the ground. Admittingly, I should already be sleeping so I'll attribute it to that, but someone, please set me straight on what I'm missing.

Upon edit: UGH! If someone could advise me how to properly embed the video or simply embed it correctly it would be appreciated.

[edit on 8/8/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons
Using the item to the right as a reference, I've determined that the camera can tilt independently of the ROV's arm and of the item from the video on the right. What is that item anyways? It looks like its sitting on the sea floor, has a hydraulic hose attached to it and is independent of the ROV's movement and is stationary . Everything else I say is dependent upon that assumption.

Well that appears to be where you are being led astray. The arm on the right is certainly not resting on the sea floor. The only time it moves in the field of vision is during the panning of the camera at the very start.

The arm on the right is fixed to the ROV, just in front of the camera. This can be demonstrated by the last part of the video where the ROV is rotating. You can see it is rotating by the compass at the top (kind of hard to make out with all that advertising), and the fact you can see the pipe moving in the picture. Yet the arm remains fixed in the exact same spot in front of the camera the entire time.

This means that the arm on the right will move in the picture whenever the camera pans, as it did at the start. For this reason, you can tell for sure that when the "sea floor rising", it is not just the camera moving, but the whole ROV, as I tried to demonstrate in the pics on my post on pg15.

I hope that helps clear things up.

[edit on 9/8/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
My bro operates one of these underwater robots and he says the camera is moving a little which creates the illusion of the seabed rising and what looks like the sea floor dropping away is simply the ROV thrusting up off the seabed and hence the debris and mud being stirred up.
Hope he's right................

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Still spills from the seabed...look here:

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join