It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Of course I payed attention to the ALT, I think I was the first person to even mention it.

The ALT changed exactly when the ground "moved", this means the ROV moved, not the ground.

The ALT started at 10, and when the ground "moved down", the ALT changed to 0.5. This means the ROV moved closer to the ground, and it probably caused the ROV and it's mounted camera to point up because the arm was touching the ground. Do you understand that?

The ROV was at 10. It's arm was touching the ground. When the ROV moved closer to the ground, the arm caused the ROV to tilt, and this caused the camera to point up creating the illusion the ground moved down.

The ATL changes from 10 to 0.5 when the ground moved down. IF the ground actually moved down, then the ALT should have gone from 10 to 19.5.

The ROV moved! Not the ground!

People these days. You lack logical thought! Go to school!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
could be methane or maybe its just tetonic plate activitie

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JotaPlata
this preliminary movement manifested in yesterday's 3.0 quake in Louisiana- is it just a coincidence that Louisiana, which rarely experiences a single significant earthquake over years at a time is just starting to wake up?

I tend to think it IS just a coincidence considering the fact that there were 43 quakes felt in Louisiana from 1843-1994 with almost half of them in 1964 alone. Several of them have also been in the southern part of the state near The Gulf. Your strongly suggestive wording of "preliminary movement manifested" does nothing but instill fear in the minds of people without just cause IMO. Trying to make a correlation between the two events is wise and logical but without some research it seems unwise. Here's a map that shows facts and that although LA is in an area of low seismic risk, earthquakes do and have occurred.

reply to post by Antoniastar

That's an interesting article and certainly something to consider. It stated that a long term resident hasn't seen anything like this previously which adds some credence to the claim.

Regarding the video, I'm still on the bench as to what I'm seeing. There are some good point of views to both sides of the argument along with some misinformed and narrow minded comments.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

If there was a gas release of that magnitude, I imagine there would have been a LOT more sediment disbursement, accompanied by a significant 'shock wave' that would of rocked the rover pretty violently. This, to me, is obviously an optical illusion caused by camera/angle/lighting. If the sea floor were to have dropped, what looked like well over 1 foot, the weight of all the water rushing in to fill that gap would have been observably violent. There was no such occurrence. Nor did I notice a bunch of bubbles to constitute a huge gas release. I am certainly not an expert on this subject, but I think a little physics and common sense reveals this answer. Thank you for the video though! It helps remind how we have to question everything we see. Sometimes, things aren't what they appear, and people just realizing, that the next step is simply realizing and exercising 'CRITICAL THINKING'. You must realize, no one has the answers you are looking for. It is all up to YOU to get the answers you seek, prove things to yourself, but remain open-minded. Look at each thing from as many angles and perspectives you can, make your own judgment on the situation, BUT REMAIN OPEN-MINDED. Continue to gather facts, and evidence. Judge yourself and your thought process on how you interpret the information throughout your quest, and compare that with your end results. This will greatly enhance how you approach things. Utilize empathy to its fullest. Every being knows right from wrong. We don't need to teach, or to be taught right from wrong. You DO need to learn, and teach EMPATHY. Empathy is what keeps you doing right, instead of wrong. A thief knows it is wrong to steal, a killer knows it's wrong to kill. A liar knows it's wrong to lie. To do something wrong, instead of right, means little to no empathy. You will be wrong sometimes. This brings you wisdom. Accept that we know very little about anything, our knowledge, while vast, is very small. And waaay smaller when you break it down to individual knowledge. It's okay to be wrong, as long as you learn from it, and continue to cleanse knowledge with truth, instead of polluting it with lies. We have to make everything better, for all of human kind. Sorry for the rant. I hope you understand.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   

this means the ROV moved, not the ground. The ALT started at 10, and when the ground "moved down"

not being a smart arse. but how can u say "the ground didnt move" and then the next sentence say "and when the ground moved....

u mean. when it appears to move...

good spotting on the ALT. though.

i think its an optical illusion the pressure of water ontop of the floor. and the jolt or pressure from either the ROV arm doing its thing. or the aparent. SONAR. wave. making the silt come up off the sea floor.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Ashyr]

edit* a friend of mine. works with lawn/landscaping says he's seen something similar.... and i quote

"i seen a lawn do that just from a busted water pipe unser the ground builds up like a zit....paul shoves spade into it and all the water pisses out
but i recon the arm put something in the ground and forced gas or water into something and some buitle up ander the first layer of the seabed and thats why you see it permaiting out of it slowly but making it rise
lol blowing a bubble in a thick shake
man i wish i did not think thick shake just then

[edit on 4/8/2010 by Ashyr]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Sorry, double post

[edit on 4-8-2010 by boomadatigger]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
man i wish i did not think thick shake just then
Now I want one too. lol

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
i must admit it looked like it moved to me....sometimes if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a duck.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I figured it out!

For just as many people as saw what actually happened here, there has to be an equal amount of people who see it falsely (or rather, how they want to see it).

It has to be this way for the universe to stay in balance!

Debating is futile. It's a trap!

For every genius, there has to be an idiot, or the world would spin off it's axis, and we would all fly off.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
i must admit it looked like it moved to me....sometimes if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it is a duck.

You need to shoot that duck its giving you the wrong information. I can't believe that anybody would think it is anything but the rover moving about. A BIG giveaway is the silt clouds that get kicked up by the rovers propellers. Also the way the rover moves from side to side at the end. Think about it. if the sea bed had risen and then fell back there would be a huge black out of silt cloud.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

So how does the alt reading get higher when the ROV itself is on the sea floor. If the ROV stayed at one spot and the sea floor fell the alt readings should go up but with the ROV on the floor itself it would not be going up.The altimeter measure how high or distance an object is from another object.ROV rises with sea floor and then falls with the sea floosr so how do you get a 19.5 reading for this alt. Also just to let you know I have been to school. I must ask you something Do you eat with your ass since all you are doing is talking crap out ofyour mouth. You may want to stand up for a while so you don't suffocate.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
so a few of you have said the rov moved when the ground "seemed" to move. Ya once again second grade science... If the ground bulged then so would the rov it's called pressure displacement. Think about it... The arm stays still and the floor of the gulf and the altimeter move at the same time.... What light illusion???? The only light down there is from the rov... It couldn't be an illusion light bends on the suface of water. Ohhh it was to quick to have happened Luke that up and down.... Well if there's 5000 feet of gulf ontop of the bulge it probably pushed it back down and the little excess blonoff pressure probably leaked out of one of the many cracks or other holes in the sea floor around the D.W.H. Rig site. Face it we either find out when it's to late or BP realeases data recorded from the surface ( which isn't likey ).

What happened to the super objective minds that used to be ATS?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

So how does the alt reading get higher when the ROV itself is on the sea floor. If the ROV stayed at one spot and the sea floor fell the alt readings should go up but with the ROV on the floor itself it would not be going up.The altimeter measure how high or distance an object is from another object.ROV rises with sea floor and then falls with the sea floosr so how do you get a 19.5 reading for this alt.

Would a magnetic field disturbance create a false read?
Personally, IMO we should all just stop and call Llyoyd Bridges! "SEA HUNT" He would know!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
First off I personally want to thank the OP for spending his/her time and effort on keeping a close eye on what is happening in regards to the gulf oil spill.

IMHO I do not think the sea bed floor is rising, I would have thought that it would have produced more silt and cloudiness than what we have witnessed on the video. That said I am absolutely positive that there is more than meets the eye to all of this and we need to be particulary focused on their latest efforts to syphoning the oil from the newly placed cap. Time will tell how much damage 'they' have done. A drop in the ocean my arse!!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons

That's an interesting article and certainly something to consider. It stated that a long term resident hasn't seen anything like this previously which adds some credence to the claim.

It is interesting. I, too, think it is something to take into consideration. I'm not an expert of geological intricacies so I can't give an intelligent opinion about any concrete connection between what's happening in the G.O.M. and New Orleans but, at least, I can share something that could be related to each other, if for no other reason than proximity.

Yes, I read that part about the lady that emailed the author (of the article that I posted on page 8) and was saying that she hadn't seen anything like that happen there in all the years that she lived there (paraphrasing). Hopefully honest locals are a good source of information for what's going on over there at the Gulf coast.

I appreciate the OP posting the video. In my estimation, which is just a personal opinion based on observation, I think the sea-floor did rise and fall. I don't think it coincidental that it happened shortly after the rover arm appeared to stab the Earth.

Toni

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Alright answer me this if you watch the video starting at 1:20 thru 1:48 you will notice if you look straight out in front of the ROV you will notice that there is a cloud of sediment that starts coming in from straight out and also from the top left corner. How can the ROV make sediment come straight towards them with the fans and motors are in the rear of it. It is physically impossible for that ROV to kick sand and debris up straight in front of it. Also as I have stated before you actually see the sea floor do more of a rolling than a blow up. It doesn't seem to breach the sea floor only make it bulge and then roll. Just like a full motion waterbed does when you sit on the edge of the matress. It rolls away until it hits the other side then it rolls back at you. That is about as close of a comparison that I can give you.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

Here is something to ponder.What if the ROV operator saw something that may have given him a reason to use the ROV arm to brace it until whatever it was had gone by. Think about this he had some type of alarm that got his attention and the only thing he could do is brace the ROV and wait till the ride was finished. That is just something else to ponder on this situation. As we have all seen anything is possible in the GOM right now.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Such a shame how much is tried to atleast bring some clearity to a possible situation that could effect many negativly. The individuals that are in power have the ability RIGHT NOW to eliminate all the questioning and conspiracies, yet they stand by and hope most are blind folded
in this dark realm to what is really the TRUTH
W/o even realizing that they dont even have their eyes,
for they have been POKED OUT for their ignorant deceiving deeds... But its ok because eventually everything will come to LIGHT
. And those HUMBLE LOVING souls, like the many posting in this and many other disaster related threads, who possess much concern and compassion for the environment they live in and species other then themselves im sure are shining bright in the lords eyes right now amongst all the DOOM AND GLOOM that exist around them,what a shame.

[edit on 8/4/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
methane being a gas if it was released you would see bubbles of gas escaping in a massive ball or turbulence. dont know whats going on here but im pretty sure its not methane bubbles. sounds like fear mongering. meh

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Could they be creating or clearing cavities on the Sea floor?

3/4 of the Oil is missing so where else could it be?

Are they burying the Oil or searching for spilled Oil?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join