It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So can we ask ourselves this simple question.Does evey underwater disturbance or earth quake cause a tsunami or drastic change that is seen at the shore? The answer is no. Think about how many EQ occur under the ocean that is not felt or even noticed. In fact here is a little something rom the USGS about how many earthquakes and the magnitude that occur annually.

Earthquake Facts and Statistics
Frequency of Occurrence of Earthquakes

Magnitude Average Annually

8 and higher 1 ¹
7 - 7.9 15 ¹
6 - 6.9 134 ²
5 - 5.9 1319 ²
4 - 4.9 13,000
(estimated)
3 - 3.9 130,000
(estimated)
2 - 2.9 1,300,000
(estimated)
Here is a link to check for yourself

earthquake.usgs.gov...

So things happen daily under the sea that we never hear about or know. So anything is possible. I am not saying it was an earthquake this is just for a comparison.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The ROV did not shift AND the Seabed did not rise.

The optical illusion was the light from above illuminating the debris cloud spilling up from the drill.

The Robotic arms did NOT go up and down but it did look like the seafloor was rising..
--

It was just shadows from the above light getting thinner and thicker from the plume that eventually surrounded the robotic arm after getting thinner and thicker..

Or that's what I saw

b

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smash_the_system

BP used a nuke in the gulf???
Have ya got a link to that?? I know someone in texas and she is worried...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I can't 100 % say either way. It looks like both sides of this discussion have good points.

I will ask how does the camera work on the ROV? If the camera is looking down would it not also be scanning down the arm which stays in the left side of the frame the entire time? I don't know. Maybe the entire ROV has to tilt in order for the camera to look down which would explain why the top of the arm never leaves the frame. With all the tech in the world I would think the camera would have the ability to look around independently of the ROV. This is what has me wondering about the floor rising.

I'm still out to lunch on this one.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
Listen, I'm not one to call people names.....BUT

If you honestly can not tell that it is the ROVER and its CAMERA shifting, NOT THE SEAFLOOR, well then you need to have your head examined.

so you are someone who calls people names.. It makes everything else you state null and void..

Calling people names is TPTB trick, therefore you must be a disinformation agent.

BTW i think its the camera moving, but what do I know. Im not on the ocean floor, Im looking at a video that is "supposed" to be in the Gulf. Could be in a giant pool for all I know..

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
If you can slow the video and watch it you do notice what seems to be something coming towards the ROV and the camera. Now could the ROV operator have heard and seen an alarm and tried to brace the ROV for something that was coming toward it. I haven't seen that scenario brought up yet. Something to think about.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

Okay I watched this 3 times and then three again five minutes later to make sure my eyes weren't wrong. The arm touches the floor. The gears and pulleys on the arm Do Not appear to move nor does the arm itself. The floor goes about a foot over the point where the arm initially touched the sea floor. You watch it over a couple times the sea floor deffinately "burped" ( that's what I'll call it ).!!!! I live in sw florida if any one doesn't want this to be true it us gulf peeps. I know what I saw and I'm not thrilled by it!
Really though how many of you think that all that oil and gas could come out at 100,000psi just get capped off with no pressure stabalization and it's not gonna build up a major gas pocket and explode. It's geology and second grade science folks just a matter of time! ( unless they can repressurize that massive pocket...not likely)
so ya watch it again I'm no fear fan but if it goes it's gonna be fast and painless for me

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sorry to officially debunk this, but if you watch the measuremeant readings that are clearly provided to you and the ROV Operator, you can clearly see this is the ROV moving, while the camera maintains stillness.

After the ground is "dropped", the clearest indicators are the movement of the N,S,W,E, directional grids that display the ROV moving, coordinating with the movement of the ground.

Also The L and N measurements increase and decrease showing movement of the ROV itself... =/

Sorry to "pop your methane bubble".

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
IT'S A SEA MONSTER, RAHHH

no, actually just the equipment.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ok, ok. I've watched the video again (rather reluctactly) and yes, I can also see how anyone could think the floor is rising. However.. does anyone know what kind of rover this is?

The reason i ask is because at first I though maybe the reason the floor appears to come up and over the point where the arm is touching the floor, could this be because the 'hand' on the end of the arm is drilling/burrowing and the whole rover tilts forward as a result? In my own mind this seems unusual, since the arm is independant, but not unreasonable as tilting it the whole rover may, at the time, allow for straighter drilling?

I highly doubt the rover itself 'hit' this theorised methane bubble, as that would result in visible bubbles, surely?

I'm definately of the 'cam/rover moves' party, until anyone can prove otherwise at least.

And just to clarify, I'm not a rover expert/anorak, just a guy with a possible explaination

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ok.

That guy is the biggest moron.

Look at the video, it looks as though the ROV is settling down on the sea floor, doing whatever it's doing..

Then when it "sinks" the ROV is lifting off the sea floor, you can even see that the arm is pulled away from the ground.

Did anyone else notice he's making his youtube video's in a restaurant of some sort?

this could of been caused by a stronger current hitting the area, which would also explain the dust suddenly picked up.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Miraj]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Let me start by apologizing, I had been on a Mosque in NY thread that just had my blood boiling. If anyone took offense, you have my sincere apology.

Now that that is over with, the whole "disinformation" agent thing is getting ludicrous around here, just my .02

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
THE SEA FLOOR IS RISING IN THIS VIDEO, FULL STOP

Thank you to boomadatigger for posting this because it is vitally important that people wake up to the fact that we are not being told the truth about what's going on in the gulf- the situation is dire and people near the gulf must be advised of the pending cataclysm.

As pressure builds in the area, there exists a very real and imminent threat of a methane explosion occurring in the gulf which would result in tsunamis as well as earthquakes in the surrounding region, especially along the New Madrid fault line- this preliminary movement manifested in yesterday's 3.0 quake in Louisiana- is it just a coincidence that Louisiana, which rarely experiences a single significant earthquake over years at a time is just starting to wake up?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I would encourage you to view the following video for a clear explanation of the science behind the methane explosion.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JotaPlata

Ok, time to put this HOAX to rest.

READ CAREFULLY.

Watch the video, and look at the top right, you will see the letters "ALT". This is short of ALTITUDE! The sea floor doesn't move, the ROV moves, and the ALTITUDE of the ROV CHANGES!

You people who believe the sea floor moved are being laughed at by the people who know what all those letters on the screen mean! You all are like clueless children who know NOTHING!

This topic belongs in the trash!

The first hint this was B.S. should be the adveritsments. The second hint should be the info of the video where the video owner BEGS you to "MAKE THIS VIRAL".

Pay attention people. Learn and research before you just blurt out b.s. and display your ignorance.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by Realtruth

gee, has it occurred to anybody that the sea floor lifting like that would be just about the same as a HUGE earthquake. Where's the resulting displacement of water kids? Any tsunami's reported?
Good God! It's the camera angle that moved!
Words fail to express how dumb this is!

I dont think we can say that a HUGE portion of the sea floor moved. If it is an earthquake its very possible it was localized to a small area considering we cannot see past 10-15 feet could only been 200 foot effect? However at first I knew it was the rover moving and NOT an earthquake but having went back and saw that the arm is NOT moving but the position never changes then how is the camera moving? Also grab the cursor and speed it up its DEFINATELY the sea floor rising but we cant see past 20 ft whose to say these pressures from the BP activities arent just small localized perturberations

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Interfacer]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrMasterJoe
S+F for this amazing and unique event being captured on film. I cried tears when I first saw it... dunno whyyyy?

It's so amazing. Did you just see this?? It was an underground volcano explosion bubble kind of thing that was just lifting the rover up! I could even feel my brain shake a little from it. Maybe I had too much methane?? Yeah. This crazy explosion might even shifted the earth axis a little, I think you can see this on the video. Oh my! And did I see the arm move? Yes!! Oh my!! Crap! The rover is alive!
I must sell this tape and send it to CNN. Oh my... Number Johnny 5 is alive!!

And oh my, oh my... did you see this? I now just went back to the past and undid the S+F!!!! It's amazing!! You can find a video of how I undid it on YouTube!! But wait... just wait a little... the video is in the past... because I undid it there! So you must go back to the past and then you can watch my amazing S+F UNDO VIDEO... wait, I will do another video for you to show you how to go back in time and see the undo S+F video... it's AMAZING. But I must go to my therapist first... I can post the video here if you like?? No??

But wait!!! Did you see this????

*argh*

Edit to add: No, really, did you see this???

[edit on 3-8-2010 by mrMasterJoe]

YAY and you even gave your self a star. Ill give you a pity star too.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It almost looks like an underground nuke went off.

But it also looks like the camera was moving and not the ground.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

We are not idiots - we are very aware that the ROVS move! We are discussing whether or not the seafloor in this case moved as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Sheeze you know from all the people who have been watching religiously the ROV's and all the video clips, dont you think that if this was something other than what it is, the ocean floor rising and settling, it would have been seen before?

Something new is happening and it could have to do with the preps for the kill deal.

One thing you could do is to look at the ??? for the waves that came on shore at that precise timeline. If it was the ocean floor rising and settling there would have been a wave created by the motion, not a big one perhaps but a wave none the less.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join