It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i have to point this out people. every post about the rover moving seems to say it 'moved up then down' when in fact for the floor to move up, the rover must move down first. PLUS wouldn't the rover rise with the seabed? which would mean the seabed would appear to level out almost instantly, not after several seconds.

Definately think the rover moved

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
S+F for this amazing and unique event being captured on film. I cried tears when I first saw it... dunno whyyyy?

It's so amazing. Did you just see this?? It was an underground volcano explosion bubble kind of thing that was just lifting the rover up! I could even feel my brain shake a little from it. Maybe I had too much methane?? Yeah. This crazy explosion might even shifted the earth axis a little, I think you can see this on the video. Oh my! And did I see the arm move? Yes!! Oh my!! Crap! The rover is alive!
I must sell this tape and send it to CNN. Oh my... Number Johnny 5 is alive!!

And oh my, oh my... did you see this? I now just went back to the past and undid the S+F!!!! It's amazing!! You can find a video of how I undid it on YouTube!! But wait... just wait a little... the video is in the past... because I undid it there! So you must go back to the past and then you can watch my amazing S+F UNDO VIDEO... wait, I will do another video for you to show you how to go back in time and see the undo S+F video... it's AMAZING. But I must go to my therapist first... I can post the video here if you like?? No??

But wait!!! Did you see this????

*argh*

Edit to add: No, really, did you see this???

[edit on 3-8-2010 by mrMasterJoe]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The camera moved not the seabed. You can tell with the silt. People WANT to believe that the seabed is screwed so they see what they want to.

If the seabed dropped by the apparent amount it would cause a shockwave through the water due to the displacement of that volume of water. No shockwave can be seen.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Looks like an optical illusion to me....

Caused by the camera lowering and rising... Which might also explain the dirt being stirred up as it was....

Cool, but an optical illusion is what I am thinking.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
The camera moved not the seabed. You can tell with the silt. People WANT to believe that the seabed is screwed so they see what they want to.

If the seabed dropped by the apparent amount it would cause a shockwave through the water due to the displacement of that volume of water. No shockwave can be seen.

Well if it's true what the guy claims in the video, then I must post most of my home videos on YouTube because I captured A HELL LOT OF earthquakes on cam. Yes!! Didn't you seeee this? How the whole laaaandscape is shaking??? Must be a 8.9 or a 9.5 or so!!!!

Nothing to see here dudes... just boring rover movements.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The ROV moves, the camera is attached to it, this is what gives the illusion that the sea bed is moving. This video is terrible, it is plastered in advertising for his website.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
uhh the sea floor didnt move the rov cameras did or the arm geez had me for a min there o well gotta go to work another day

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I stop watching when that "end of the world" music started to play.
also the guys screen name did not help bring any legitimacy to him.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
If the camera is moving why does the robotic arm stay where it is!

Torque. The arm struck a force in which it could not match, thus the misplaced torque of the powerful ROV arm caused the ROV's base to displace upward. The ROV isn't mounted.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by SyphonX]

then the camera would have gone up, not the sea floor. think abit about what you are saying.

But i think that it might be the camera too, but not how you and others have described it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

All the lol's in the world doesn't make your statement any more definitive. Usually, those that use lol's lack the intellect to articulate their point with clarity and conviction.

I, for one, am not at all impressed with your observation skills, and am even less impressed with your ability to contribute to a conversation or an argument.

As far as I'm concerned, your assessment of this video is commensurate with your lack of articulation skills. Its null and void.

And...you might want to look in the terms and conditions of ATS where using internet slang is a direct violation of site rules and regulations.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Can anyone actually verify that this video is from the Gulf?

This could have been staged anywhere.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Can you verify that this video is not from the Gulf? It seems just as likely that disavowing information for the mere sake of fitting it in with your predisposed ideas of the world is reckless at best.

Could you tell me where there may be ROVERS underwater at any other location?

Ignorance denied...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

What a fool see's?

Do you actually know what sarcasm is? You haven't been around ATS long enough.

These so called video's could have been taken or staged anywhere.

Can you personally verify there authenticity? I think not, so your comments are actually null and void. lmao

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
To me looks real, but the robot and camera actually move too and made me doubt. untill the best part, when the floor goes down....that convinced me. Somebody smells gas?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Sure. Tell me where this video was staged and faked. I'd love to hear it. Its funny to me that for a person that HAS been around here for awhile, that they (being you) would be able to contribute to a thread with a tad more intellect than you have.

lol's??? That's for children who have bastardized our language and can't articulate their points adequately because the education system is an utter failure. I see 12 year olds do it often.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42

I can't prove it either way, that is what I am trying to say. And neither can you.

And that is why sarcasm was called for.

Why argue about something you don't have absolute facts on, or actually know the authenticity of the footage.

Many people here on ATS over the years have been fooled, time and time again.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Why did the ROV not move? It didnt even so much a shake.

Great Vid. I hope it not disinfo.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
And labeling is not childish, lol.

I love the irony and hypocrisy on ATS.

Originally posted by PsychoX42

lol's??? That's for children who have bastardized our language and can't articulate their points adequately because the education system is an utter failure. I see 12 year olds do it often.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I saw the rover move too..but what I want to know is..what was the rover doing?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ok i will try to explain with my drawing skills

i think there was a large bubble, which the rover capped, and thus is what you see the floor did indeed rise up and go down.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join