It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The sea floor definately moved, it looks like the ROV may have been pumping air into the seabed to help relieve a methane build up. If you have methane building up just under the surface, but the pressure isnt great enough to break through, then pumping air into these areas would help the methane break through before it reached a more dangerous level. The only thing that puts me off this theory is the lack of bubbles before the collapse of the sea floor. Good video catch though S+F for that alone.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Wow oh wow! Obviously the people out there know what is going on, although they are not telling anyone the facts.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
this thread is sad.

2nd line.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have review the vids.

I am not sure if it's an optical illusion of an actually sea bed rising.

The dust and murky water after indicated a definite disturbance.

Another thought can anyone actually verify that this video is from the Gulf?

Originally posted by CUin2013?

Looks to me like the ROV went up and down.

It created a "mud fog" when it landed.

Just my opinion, though.

[

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In my opinion it is definitely the sea floor that is rising, I have no doubt about that.

I see before or during that sea floor rising moment no movement whatsoever of the left arm of the ROV what could cause tilting it down and back it up again.

It even looks to me as if at exactly 1:27 the ROV makes a very small jump, as due an explosion under the ground or such which could be the cause for the rising sea floor right after that.

But if that really happens and on what scale the sea floor is rising is impossible to say.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

they prefer disinfo agents calm your nerves with underwater swamp gas theories????????

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

gee, has it occurred to anybody that the sea floor lifting like that would be just about the same as a HUGE earthquake. Where's the resulting displacement of water kids? Any tsunami's reported?
Good God! It's the camera angle that moved!
Words fail to express how dumb this is!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
That's some tricky video right there.

Notice how the floor appears to be further rising up the robotic arm during the event.. Weird how the whole area reacts to the expansion and contraction with the swirls and bubbles reacting to them.

The again, maybe it was just the ROV hitting the propellers and the camera moving at the same time.

Tricky.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cajun Raptor

Originally posted by smash_the_system
No wonder they won't show what's going off down there! Thad Allen says that everything's HUNKY dory and the Static Kills almost ready to be put into place. Yeah right. Don't wanna go off topic but wasn't there a quake in Louisiana yesterday?? I was also reading on beforeitsnews today that a nuclear charge was used somewhere around the area..

That bit of sea floor definitely looks unstable

really? earthquake? nope none down here, I am in Lafourche Parish, no shaky here. Well I was in N.O. all day yesterday, nothing shook there either.

Hi Raptor.....I live in New Orleans and I didn't feel it either....but it DID happen....near Clinton. It's on the USGS website.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Just some food for thought here. If that was a small isolated pocket of methane or whatever and it was breached the whole sea floor does not have to move. If the well casing had any problem and was allowing material to slowly leak out and after the first top kill fiasco they were worried that this may be happening. So it may be that there are smaller pockets that have worked its way up and collected in a small area that was hit when the ROV arm dug into the sea bed. I don't know for sure but with the amount of methane that has been measured anything is possible.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

link to the earthquake event please. I just looked at USGS and could not locate it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The Rov touched the seafloor - why, what was it trying to do? If we can answer that first perhaps that will help sort the rest out. What was the reason the Rov felt the need to touch the sea floor to begin with?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I actually kind of see some expansion on that video. I do think the rover moved some, but there did also seem to be something happening down there.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

If this was an isolated pocket that was hit you would not get the large displacement of water. So not all underwater EQ will cause a tsunami. A larger area of the sea floor would have to move in order for there to be a tsunami.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

my first impression of the video is/was: um... uh ...

my second impression of the video is/was: Atlantis strikes back?

my third impression of the video is: um... uh... still pending....

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

earthquake.usgs.gov... I think this is the right one

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The EQ was very late Sunday night.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2d57eecacc1.gif[/atsimg]

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyb0y
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Are you serious? The boxing day tsunami which killed 230,000+ people.... Where have you been?

Don't get testy. Most Americans do not know what "Boxing Day" is? Only reason I know is that I have traveled to Canada quite a bit.

To those who do not know, Boxing Day is the 26th of December.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well, I have two Vids here you can watch.
One seems to think it was a Nuke (hm)...

I must say that it does look like it is the seafloor that is moving and not the ROV tipping over, since the Arm is down on the seafloor all the time..

[edit on 3/8/2010 by ChemBreather]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join