It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
Is it fear? is that why as soon as something like this comes along you all start saying its just the camera moving. There is clearly something happening in that video!

If the camera is moving why does the robotic arm stay where it is!

Why does the sea floor actaully go above the hand of the robotic arm?

Now i havnt been much attention to all this stuff in the gulf but this made me sit up and take a little sharp breath! In my opinion i think methane is building up uncrontolably. Ive heard a few people talking about this methane build up and to be quite frankly honest i believe it!

So again i ask, Is it fear that leads you to be so disillusioned?

I live near the gulf and I have been paying attention and watching the rovs since day one. I have seen MANY things that were caused by the rovs, as well as some that I think were real explosions. I have seen this particular effect MANY times. If you watch the cams enough, you will start to notice the difference. If I reacted that way every time I saw this, I would be dead of a heart attack, forget the methane LOL!
I am nervous, you can bet on that, and when I see something I think is real I say so.......but in this case I really think it's the rov moving.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok then @ 1:14 look at the bubbles and dust not from ROV in the background begin to come out more rapid, also the depth as mentioned of rov doesnt change when movement occures so help me believe I am just seeing things someone
Please clearify why ROV depth doesnt really change?????

[edit on 8/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
well if you look at the top of the screen where the yellow numbers are the are the direction and alt / depth you can see they change thus indicating that the ROV is moving not the see floor, the cloud was from the "fans" going into drive. in my opinion, false alarm, i do not say it could not happen, just not this vid.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
At first I thought I did see the sea floor expanding but then read the comments about the ROV moving and creating and optical illusion. I looked at it a few more times and you can see what looks like the arm being pushed into the seafloor. The movement when its allegedly rising seems different than when it allegedly falls. I'm undecided on this one.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

The mechanism, moves in tandem with the ROV arm and base. It is likely that they are trying to take a core sample, or mounting something, or just boring a hole into the floor for various reasons. I suspect he bored into the ground, then met too much resistance and tried to retract. The arm of the ROV moves independently of the rest of the ROV, so if it was momentarily stuck and he applied force to retract, it would lift the rear end of the ROV upwards.. which is what happens.

The point of view's pitch orientates forward, the evidence is clearly visible by the flat horizon that matches all of the ROV's parts. The ROV pitches forward, then it settles back down when the resistance/torque is relieved from the arm.

It is completely obvious, folks.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
BP paid for dis info agents on the web me thinks....
lmao

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sorry to burst your bubble but if the whole sea floor had risen suddenly like that then by now a Tsunami would of wrecked the GOM so obviously this is some kind of illusion. Nothing to see here!!!

Education

The scenario for tsunami generation often involves the subduction zone where one geographic plate moves under another (a convergent boundary). If there is a "sticking point" or impediment to the motion, it may build up stress until a sudden movement occurs, causing an earthquake. Either a sudden upward or downward motion of a portion of the ocean floor will displace a large amount of water and generate a tsunami.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by tommyb0y]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
What about the "alarm?" Who is narrating this, a reporter or a youtube spectator? I guess I will lean towards rov moving, based on the comments from those that have been watching these rov's for so long. Let's hope
it was the rov moving!

spec

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyb0y
Sorry to burst your bubble but if the whole sea floor had risen suddenly like that then by now a Tsunami would of wrecked the GOM so obviously this is some kind of illusion. Nothing to see here!!!

Education

The scenario for tsunami generation often involves the subduction zone where one geographic plate moves under another (a convergent boundary). If there is a "sticking point" or impediment to the motion, it may build up stress until a sudden movement occurs, causing an earthquake. Either a sudden upward or downward motion of a portion of the ocean floor will displace a large amount of water and generate a tsunami.

No collapse no tsunami. Add a pressure switch (STATIC KILL) TO MANAGE PRESSURE, then as more pressure is added the thing rises and lowers not explosion from bubble burst. Something is modifying the pressure causing the floor to rise and fall more pressure more rise---bubble burst go pop seafloor collapse tsunami triggered toxic cloud rises moves fast.....Also not entire GOM sea floor localized locations where floor is thinner then other areas, sea floor not equal depth in all locations. k carry on.

No tsunami from pressure regulation from static kill adjustments... Unless static kill provides too much pressure forcing bubble to become more unstable causing bubble to burst causing floor to collapse causing tsunami... FLOOR COLLAPSE THEN TSUNAMI

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

What are you talking about?

Please educate yourself on water displacement and tsunamis! This has nothing to do with pressure.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

Please educate yourself on water displacement and tsunamis! This has nothing to do with pressure.

Really how so if the static kill is pressing pressure down to lock well how is there not any pressure going into the well pushing on the oil displacing the oil... Making oil press on bubble. (PRESSURE) Believe what you wish I no care its your free will, I only cares for those who do care....LATER EDUCATED 1

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Its simple mate. Sea floor rises, water is displaced, tsunami is caused. The boxing day Tsunami was caused by the sea floor rising due to an earthquake. I will guarantee you that if the sea floor had risen that much in this video then we would of seen a Tsunami and no pressure control would of been able to do anything about it and that is a fact please get over it. Zzz.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Its simple mate. Sea floor rises, water is displaced, tsunami is caused. The boxing day Tsunami was caused by the sea floor rising due to an earthquake. I will guarantee you that if the sea floor had risen that much in this video then we would of seen a Tsunami and no pressure control would of been able to do anything about it. Zzz.

K , and seafloor during tsunami you speak of caused by eq. and how much did seafloor rise then. What we just seen was slow movement not quick response seafloor rise from eq slow movements from pressure being applied slowly. And I am sure it wasnt the same height as the seafloor rise you speak of...So what are you really saying huh? School me educated 1.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I think it was a mere 15ft! (4.6m) So not a lot
Still if the floor had risen there would of been a noticeable tsunami obviously not on such a large scale but noticeable.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Rov moved not the floor.
No cookie for you.
Third line.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sorry redundant question

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyb0y

K and what do you estimate we just seen in seafloor rise in video I say no more then 1' at lowest point and guess 3' near central location of ground lift... So as far as water displacement goes slow rise of approx. 1' as compared to quick response from energized earthquake seafloor rise of 15 approx. feet. Also was it a major tsunami you spoke of that was caused or a lil one?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Look up at the top on the left the data on the screen watch the arm move into posistion.
the arm moves independent from the rov which meens the sea floor has lifted plus if you look in the distance you can see silt being disturbed far from the rovs reach.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Are you serious? The boxing day tsunami which killed 230,000+ people.... Where have you been?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Are you serious? The boxing day tsunami which killed 230,000+ people.... Where have you been?

MARS, but to answer my question? Your estimates or do you stick to your beliefs that it is the rov making bubbles/sediments in background and seafloor didnt rise...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join