It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Just something to add here and that is not every underwater event causes a cataclysm that will be felt on the shore. If this was only a small event and understand I did say if it was a small event since I am only speculating here but the way it looked that if the sea floor was doing a rolling motion and not being pushed up to displace the water then it may not have done something that would show up on the shore. There are some underwater eq that do not cause anything to happen and are not even noticed on shore. The USGS say there are over 1 million eq anually,so think about how many we hear about and how many we don't. Its hard to say if this would have caused a cataclysmic event or not

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I have a problem when others belittle a person because he posted something that they think is rediculous. As in the last couple of pages in this thread. The OP was just wanting to get some feedbackon what he percieved to see and see what others have thought about the video. A problem that does occur is that other people may feel this is a flaggable thread and then there are those who don't and that great. I don't see the point in blasting the OP for this thread having as many flags as it does because I don't think he was sitting there just flagging it himself. The point I am making is don't go blasting someone if the thread is something that doesn't agree with you and your views. Everyone will see the world differently and if you go out and blast someone that doesn't see what you think or believe you see then yes in my opinion you are an asshat. One last thing Your opinions matter to you and if you do not agree then that is fine and your opinion you can have it but remember everyone is titled to their own opinions.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Here is a little quote from a post from you to the OP.

Fear?

No. It's called intelligence.

"Fear" is what ignorant people spread when they think they have the whole story, and rush to judgemement before asking tough questions.

My problem with ATS is none of these people who start these ZOMG! threads ever come back and say, 'my bad i was wrong'. when they inevitably turn out to be hyperventalating nonsense.

I am not going to throw anymore jabs at you and it is not what this thread is about but this shows you exactly what I am talking about in my prior post. One last thing there are those that have been wrong on here and have admitted to it they may be far and few, but it does happen.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ok, my last post on this ridiculous topic.

Listen, at the time of this event, there were multiple cameras pointed at roughly the same area of sea floor. No other cameras captured this event. This is because only the ROV/camera moved, not the sea floor.

Case Closed.

-God, I can't wait for summer vacation to end so the kids can go back to school.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Unst0ppable0ne]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
The point I am making is don't go blasting someone if the thread is something that doesn't agree with you and your views. Everyone will see the world differently and if you go out and blast someone that doesn't see what you think or believe you see then yes in my opinion you are an asshat.

o.k. then lets all make video's and post em here about obviously incorrect things.

I know, I’ll take a video and move the camera up a bit and claim the sky is falling in, chicken licken style... Maybe then I will deserve to get 59 flags and 14 pages of thread.....

And if anyone says no you just moved the camera, i'll just say no the sky really is falling in and nothing you going to say is going to change my mind. Oh and if you don't believe me then you’re welcome to have your view point on if it is or if it isn't falling in.

Oh wait... I'm all for denying ignorance so maybe not such a good idea after all...

Korg.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Unst0ppable0ne

Just for some clarification can you tell me what other cameras were pointed at this same area at that time? I do not remember anyone mentioning the fact that there were multiple camera shots because if so that would do more to prove what really happened. Don't take this the wrong way I just do not remember any other camera shots of this area at the time.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Incidently can you show me undeniable proof as to what happened? Other than what others have said on here.? No I don't think you can. There is not one person except the person who was running the ROV at the time and I do not think he has posted anything on this site. Also if you want to make a video and post it and people flag it then that is up to you. If people flag something that peeks their interest then who are you to say anything about it. If you don't agree with a post then post your comments and move on. Why stay on a thread you do not like and post about hoe you don't like it. Now that is rediculous. Don't like it then no one is stopping you from moving on to another thread.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

One last question for you. You said when you posted on page 13 that was the last time you were going to view this thread yet here you are on page 14 still looking at this thread. Seems to me you cannot leave this thread and you are interestedin something on it maybe you should toss a flag up for keeping you interested in it. Just my observation here.

EDIT: Sorry it is not a question more of a statement.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Incidently can you show me undeniable proof as to what happened?

No direct proof neccessary, just good clean honest deductive reasoning.

Deductive reasoning, also called Deductive logic, is reasoning which constructs or evaluates deductive arguments. Deductive arguments are attempts to show that a conclusion necessarily follows from a set of premises. A deductive argument is valid if the conclusion does follow necessarily from the premises, i.e., if the conclusion must be true provided that the premises are true. A deductive argument is sound if its premises are true. Deductive arguments are valid or invalid, sound or unsound, but are never true or false.

An example of a deductive argument:

1. All men are mortal
2. Socrates is a man
3. Therefore, Socrates is mortal

The first premise states that all objects classified as 'men' have the attribute 'mortal'. The second premise states that 'Socrates' is classified as a man- a member of the set 'men'. The conclusion states that 'Socrates' must be mortal because he inherits this attribute from his classification as a man. Deductive reasoning is sometimes contrasted with inductive reasoning.

Source - Deductive Reasoning

Korg.

Edit to add source and to separate the ex code as we seem to have a minimum text limit now

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Nice post Korg

Tsurfer - who is YOUR blasting aimed at? Both me and Korg seem to be of a similar opinion when it comes to this thread. From the sounds of your rants you appear to be mistaken about something - we were never 'blasting' anyone. I've already explained to Korg that the OP didn't create this thread as factual, and that he was, as you say, just starting a debate. I dont mind debates. Debates are fun. MY problem with this thread (and I'll admit I've seen it in other places too) is that people are making exactly the same points - for the event happening - as other people have already made, without even bothering to check the more recent ones. This leads to people using points AGAINST the event that again have already made, and so the circle goes on.

Sheerly out of curiousity, can you provide a link or something to wherever it mentions these other cameras please Korg? That one piece of info would lay this all to rest

I want to clarify that I'm far from an expert on oceans, cameras, rovers and 'methane bubbles'. If you read my previous posts in which I explain what I think is happening in the video, I came to those conclusions using simple common sense. That was my opinion of what happened and if people agree with it... great! If not then I'm sure I'll sleep soundly anyway. I've not once
said that people are stupid for thinking the floor moves (gotta point the finger at you there Korg
) and I never will. Their opinions are their own to do with as they see fit.

Anyway, I'm hungry. Will check back later.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Seems to me, that for the camera to have moved, for the visual effect- the ROV would have to have quickly shifted DOWN, then back-up.
I still, am keeping an open-mind, on this. I can see, a giant gas bubble, under the sea floor, moving.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Watch the video again and keep your eye on the standing object on the right hand side of the screen. Use it as a marker and you can clearly see the seabed rise and then sinking to a lower depth than it was at the beginning.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
After watching this several times, I've come to the conclusion that this is definatly the camera going down, then up. It goes down with the arm, and then back up with the arm. That's why you've got people saying "it went up the arm" Because it did, well, the arm went into the sea bed, and the camera stays with it. I don't know if the camera is attatched to the arm or not, but I definatly think that this is what I'm looking at.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That's just incomprehensible .

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by silhouette

Righ, that's what I said earlier. Look beyond the ROV arm and at the 1:20ish mark you can see a plume in the distant coming closer, the the ground does it's thing. As an earlier poster said, it'd been nice if more cameras picked this up then it would lay all this to rest.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Hi there, it was me that said about footage of these 'other ROVs' putting an end to the debate, one way or the other.

I've received some minor criticisms regarding my posts on here, and I have criticised the thread myself, so I wondered if I could pose you a question?

Nothing patronising, just a simple, curious question.

You say the plumes of dust - quite a distance from the camera - point to this activity. In your honest opinion, is there anything else that could've caused them?

I've said before that they could've been caused by underwater currents, fish that are just out of sight, or now with mention of these other ROVs, could one of them possibly have kicked up the plume 'upstream' so to speak?

Thanks for your time,

Kyle

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This thread IS sad!

It's the ROV moving, the camera is mounted to the front of the ROV which is floating allowing the torque of the arm to pitch the ROV while the arm is getting pushed harder into the sea floor and combined with the thrusters making the ROV to begin floating again it pitches all moving together creating an optical illusion.

same kind of effect in this video: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-8-2010 by porschedrifter]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I can see how this video would give the illusion that it is solely the ROV, but it definitely looks like something is happening on the floor. If anyone has any information regarding what the arm is actually doing or what it's purpose is, then that would clarify things a bit. Also, if this was a pocket of methane, I don't think the effects surrounding this area would be all that shattering, but that's if the pocket was small. A local area of the floor could be all that is rising, if anything.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

hey porchedrifter

I'm also on the side of the 'the ROV moved' brigade, however I have to disagree with this sentance -

"...ROV which is floating allowing the torque of the arm to pitch the ROV while the arm is getting pushed harder into the sea floor..."

IMHO, I think you have it the wrong way round. If the arm pushing into the seabed was causing the ROV to tilt, wouldn't it cause it to tilt backwards first? This would create the illusion that the floor is sinking first. The ROV couldn't have been floating before the 'ground rising' due to it appearing so stable.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Kyle

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kai22

Ok I was not blasting anyone particular here. I just do not see what good it does to make certain remarks that people who don't see it was the ROV must have low IQ's. No names they know who they are. Its not just this thread it happens with other threads also. You understand the point of wanting to have good debate and I think everyone does to. If you go to a thread that you don't agree with post a comment if you want or keep moving. This is not the only thread here. I mean we have all seen threads that we do not agree with am I right.

To post comments that are talking down to the OP because of a video he posted is just wrong. I did see that you had commented on this not being made by the OP and I wish others could understand the same thing about other threads. So hopefully you understand the reason I posted the comments that I did. The biggest thing was to give the OP the benefit of the doubt and don't jump on him and post remarks about their intelligence or what they believe they saw as rediculous because you have a different idea of what you saw. Everybody that starts a thread are usually just looking for feedback and some help to understand what they saw. That is really all I have to say. Just show some respect to the OP and and get a good debate going instead of throwing insults them. No person can be right all the time even though it would be great it just isn't going to happen.

I am not trying to blast anyone in particular, because you don't have to agree just do it with some class and respect it is not hard to do that. ould
And lastly I could not be 100 percent sure of what was happening the only one who could be is the main at the controls of the ROV at the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join