It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
Is it fear? is that why as soon as something like this comes along you all start saying its just the camera moving. There is clearly something happening in that video!

If the camera is moving why does the robotic arm stay where it is!

Why does the sea floor actaully go above the hand of the robotic arm?

Now i havnt been much attention to all this stuff in the gulf but this made me sit up and take a little sharp breath! In my opinion i think methane is building up uncrontolably. Ive heard a few people talking about this methane build up and to be quite frankly honest i believe it!

So again i ask, Is it fear that leads you to be so disillusioned?

Fear?

No. It's called intelligence.

"Fear" is what ignorant people spread when they think they have the whole story, and rush to judgemement before asking tough questions.

My problem with ATS is none of these people who start these ZOMG! threads ever come back and say, 'my bad i was wrong'. when they inevitably turn out to be hyperventalating nonsense.

[edit on 4-8-2010 by justadood]

I shall repeat again. It is NOT my video. I wanted to share this with ATS because I did not understand what I was looking at. One side of me saw the sea floor rising. The other side said that cannot be. I place this video on ATS because I saw how quick they got to the bottom of things.

Now, I am not going to exchange jabs with you but I want to leave you with this. You will encounter people during your life that are going to contest your view on things. It's just life. How you deal with those people that don't see toe to toe with you shows what kind of person you are.

I just don't understand why grown people, most of you older than me, cannot and in some cases will not discuss the material at hand and seem to want to find out who has the most witty sarcastic insult instead? I'm still in high school and we do that kind of thing.
Truthfully, I am leaning towards it being an optical illusion, yet alot of people have made a good case for it being the sea floor rising. A really good case. So for now, I am going to keep an open mind cause only with an open mind can one ever hope to find the truth. Have a good night.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
O.k. last time I will look at this thread.

The whole thing should be moved to the Hoax forum.

Riddle me this OP... If the sea bed rose that quickly and by that much... Where was the massive tsunami that would have ensued following the disastrous rise??

Anyone who cannot see the obvious ROV movement is either partially sighted or has a very low IQ.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Riddle me this OP... If the sea bed rose that quickly and by that much... Where was the massive tsunami that would have ensued following the disastrous rise??

Anyone who cannot see the obvious ROV movement is either partially sighted or has a very low IQ.

Korg.

Read my post which is just right above yours.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

Korg.

Read my post which is just right above yours.

The ATS motto is 'Deny Ignorance'

If when you watched the video in your mind's eye you saw the sea floor move up and not the rover move down, then my premise above stands.

I and I’m sure many others here get annoyed when stuff like this thread gets posted. It wastes time.

If you were not sure what you were looking at then perhaps the thread title should have been "not sure what this is can someone help"

Your attention grabbing title and the stupid person in the video, share a common mistake... People are not stupid... So please stop with this Alarmist uninformed not thought through attention grabbing nonsense.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Korg,
While I can see your point of view, I feel you are at least a little bit mistaken.

The title of this thread is "Woah, did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!"

This is a question, not a statement, that shows the op THINKS he saw this event, but is unsure. Below the title, the last part of the sentance says "The whole sea floor just lifted up?!"

Note the "?!", this again means that he THINKS he saw it, but is unsure.

The thread wasn't created to show that this event was happening as a fact, instead it was made to show that this guy thought it happened and wanted a second opinion.

Barking up the wrong tree comes to mind.

Kyle

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kai22
Korg,

Kyle

Perhaps, I think what ticks me off the most is when members spend a great deal of time and effort putting together well thought out and well-constructed informative threads which attract very few flags or stars...

Yet you can clearly see the alarmist attention grabbing nature of this thread and we are at what 13 pages and 59 flags...

What do people do just flag a title these days? Or do they read before they flag??

I must admit I have not read the entire thread, but what I have read it's very clear that when people say "no, its the ROV moving" the OP and others seem to argue against.

This thread should have been no more than 2 pages tops and certainly didn't deserve 54 flags and published at the top of the page.

If this was a true question, then surely the OP should have taken the answers given and said thank you very much??

Korg.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I'll admit, I haven't read the entire thread either, although the op does say at the top of this page that throughout the replies he has come to see it as an illusion. My 'beef' if you like, was that you were treating it as though he still thought the floor moved and that he was still defending that opinion.

I've posted a few replies on here, all stating that I firmly believed the floor did not move, with good points as to why I believe that.

And I agree with you entirely that this doesn't deserve the amount of flags it has received, which is why I haven't flagged it. Once you see the illusion, it's simply not interesting anymore.

In fact I very nearly un-subscribed because throughout the pages I DID read, it was the same arguements, same points, and same opinions over and over again.

Anyhoo, 'beef' over

And yes you're right, a thank you for the debate/opinions would be nice (hint hint)

[edit on 5-8-2010 by kai22]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Korg,

Kyle

Perhaps, I think what ticks me off the most is when members spend a great deal of time and effort putting together well thought out and well-constructed informative threads which attract very few flags or stars...

Yet you can clearly see the alarmist attention grabbing nature of this thread and we are at what 13 pages and 59 flags...

What do people do just flag a title these days? Or do they read before they flag??

I must admit I have not read the entire thread, but what I have read it's very clear that when people say "no, its the ROV moving" the OP and others seem to argue against.

This thread should have been no more than 2 pages tops and certainly didn't deserve 54 flags and published at the top of the page.

If this was a true question, then surely the OP should have taken the answers given and said thank you very much??

Korg.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Korg Trinity]

I've never argued against others views. I'm standing on the sidelines for the most part. Seriously, you say people are wasting their time on this thread then what are you doing here? If you know its a waste of time then continue to post knowing this then what does that say about you?

It's not your call to deem a thread worthy or not. That's why we have mods. Argue it with them. Simple.

Dude, seriously, what is the problem cause it seems you're more than a little annoyed at this thread. If you're really that annoyed and really think people are wasting their time on here then just leave. I hardly posted on here and just check to see how the debate is going. I don't care about stars and flags, I just wanted to put the video out there for debate. But apparently some people seem to think that debate entails "no i'm right and you're wrong because you're a dummy". Children argue that way.

And if you read my previous post I pretty much said thank you for the answers.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by boomadatigger]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

The more likely scenario is the rover moved. Not the seafloor.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger

I've never argued against others views. I'm standing on the sidelines for the most part. Seriously, you say people are wasting their time on this thread then what are you doing here?

You clearly cannot or refuse to see the light.

You're right, I'm done with this pointless exercise in futility.

Korg.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
As someone who has worked with video cameras for a lot of years, it looks just like a dolly zoom to me - en.wikipedia.org...

Not that it zooms per se, but the movement of the camera matches a seemingly static object on screen, creating an illusion. It's a cinematic trick more than another BP lie. Not that I think they're above more lies.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
one question ! why was this moved to skunk works and then back to deepwater disaster????

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
boomadatigger, I think it's you that has the problem. But first things first...

Yes, I was beginning to get abit bored of the same suggestions being batted backwards and forwards, and yes I was thinking of un-subscribing, but since I had a post on here I thought I'd check back to see what people thought after my post. Maybe I'd pointed out things that someone else had already, without knowing it, been pulled up on that and would maybe need to put things right. I didn't know if that was the case or not, so I checked.

Was I wrong to do this?

I stand by my opinion that this thread doesn't deserve the amount of flags it's got, but that doesn't mean I think it deserves none at all. In the beginning it would probably have been very interesting, but as I read through the replies it's just the same thing over and over again. This to me, in my opinion, in my own mind, gets boring. But that's just me. If people find the thread interesting then thats fine, thats their opinion. Each to their own.

Am I being unfair by stating my view?

I'm almost gob-smacked by this 'attack' you seem to have aimed at me. For one thing, my first response to Korg was in YOUR defense. It seemed to me he was mistaken, so I pointed it out and why I thought that. He didn't seem pissed with me... so why are you?

And finally, do you understand jokes? Could you not tell that the comment about thank you's - "a thanks would be nice
" - was merely a soft jibe? For fun?

I think you need to chill out, seriously.

But after all, that is just my opinion...

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by boomadatigger

How long is this cap going to last. You would have thought they would have sprung for stainless steel components. Look at the amount of rust that has already accumulated. Picture from sky news news.sky.com... 676765?lpos=Business_Top_Stories_Header_1&lid=ARTICLE_15676765_BP_Oil_Spill%3A_US_President_Barack_Obama_Says_Gulf_Of_Mexico_Battle_Finally_Coming_To_ An_End_

Just to clarify something here: OF COURSE THEY ARE USING STAINLESS STEEL.

The dark marks are from the methane hydrates and oil and other chemicals (like the mud they were using when this pic was taken) leaking out of the cap and staining this brown.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

For one thing, my first response to Korg was in YOUR defense. It seemed to me he was mistaken, so I pointed it out and why I thought that. He didn't seem pissed with me... so why are you?

No pissed at you at all Kai22

If someone point something out to me I look at it objectively and re-assess my standpoint.

Perhaps the OP should do the same??

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unst0ppable0ne
reply to post by JotaPlata

Ok, time to put this HOAX to rest.

READ CAREFULLY.

Watch the video, and look at the top right, you will see the letters "ALT". This is short of ALTITUDE! The sea floor doesn't move, the ROV moves, and the ALTITUDE of the ROV CHANGES!

You people who believe the sea floor moved are being laughed at by the people who know what all those letters on the screen mean! You all are like clueless children who know NOTHING!

This topic belongs in the trash!

The first hint this was B.S. should be the adveritsments. The second hint should be the info of the video where the video owner BEGS you to "MAKE THIS VIRAL".

Pay attention people. Learn and research before you just blurt out b.s. and display your ignorance.

SO you are saying that the alt meter moving proves that the ROV lifted and not the sea floor correct??? But wouldnt the alt move if the sea floor lifts up and the ROV is lifted with it?? I think you need to read your post again. The alt meter is NOT proof that the the ROV alone lifted. Why would it move if the ROV raises but not move if the rov raises with the sea floor? Oooh also one other thing Id like to thank you for calling us names but your explanation is NOT definitive and NO conclusion can be made by looking at the ALT meter. Its unfortunate that being as ignorant as you are you feel you are superior by name calling however this proves even more that you are ignorant because feeling superior to others is a trait of ignorance. If you know more then someone then that makes you different, NOT better! You spent more time then someone one on a subject to learn what ever you are "superior" at. HOWEVER you didnt prove anything except that you have NO real answer about the SEAFLOOR or you wouldnt have resorted to name calling. I hope you evolve into a person of substance and integrity instead of belittleing people who are strong enough to have their own opinion and not get mad at them when you cant force them to agree lol. Have a good decade BROTHER!

[edit on 5-8-2010 by Interfacer]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Boom do not let anyone tell you what you saw. There seems to be a trend as of late where people want you to believe them or you are wrong. You believe whatever you want do not let others tell you what you believe. Although you are young that doesn't mean you do not have an opinion on things that are just as relevant as anyone elses on this site.You have an opinion just like everyone else on this site has and you have as much right to express it as everyone else.
You will get some very insightful posts from many people who post on here and you will also get those who just want to think they have all the answers. It is up to you to decide the logical responses from the assahats that just like to sound all knowing.So if you see something else that you want to discuss go ahead and post it get some discussions maybe some answers but don't let anyone else on here tell you what to believe. And in all honesty you have people on both sides of the fence about wether the sea floor moved or it didn't. So I will leave you with a little something that everyone should know.
Everyone has an opinion and are free to express it, but remember this your opinion matters to you. So if someone has a different opinion than you let them express it and don't treat them like they are ignorant or dumb because you have differences of opinions.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

[edit on 5-8-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
so, basically, if you agree unquestioningly wit the OP, then you are cool, but if you argue that perhaps it is an optical illusion, you are an 'asshat'.

noted.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Thanks Korg. There was never any offense or patronisation towards you, and it seems that none was taken
Good good.

I just can't understand his sudden attitude towards me. The post above this features a quote from unt0ppable0ne back on page 7 that clearly states this thread 'belongs in the trash'.
Boomadatigger seems to have ignored/overlooked this without incident, and yet my post that simply stated my opinion of the flags induces that kind of reaction?

Glad there's no hard feelings anyway bro

Kyle

Oops, two more posts were submitted before this, though I'm sure you can figure out the quote I'm referring to.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by kai22]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
addition to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Also, I don't live too awfully far from the GOM coast. If something was to happen like that, it would be a cataclysm that would most likely affect the region and I've not seen anything like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join