It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woah! Did I just see the entire sea floor lift up?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
OMG! You have to see this video its freaking weird! The whole sea floor rises up?!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by boomadatigger]

+37 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Looks more like the ROV is tilting down and back up.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I saw the rover move.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon

Yep....that's what it looks like to me too....those cameras can be deceiving.....just like some things look like explosions, when it's just the fans on the rovs (though some are real).

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Not trying to debunk this, but can we be sure it's not just the camera moving?
I've watched it a few time and I can't make up my mind what's happening here. The dirt clouds could be the result of the ocean floor moving, or simply some machinery stirring things up behind the camera.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Looks to me like the ROV went up and down.

It created a "mud fog" when it landed.

Just my opinion, though.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"...look at that, the whole seafloor is moving up"

"...I don't know what to think, I really don't ... I don't know what that was..."

The guy contradicts himself. He is saying with assumed certainty that the seafloor is rising, then falling. Then he says he doesn't know what he just saw.
So wth is he making a claim to know something that he doesn't know of what he just saw

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
No wonder they won't show what's going off down there! Thad Allen says that everything's HUNKY dory and the Static Kills almost ready to be put into place. Yeah right. Don't wanna go off topic but wasn't there a quake in Louisiana yesterday?? I was also reading on beforeitsnews today that a nuclear charge was used somewhere around the area..

That bit of sea floor definitely looks unstable

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon

Yea but the robotic arm that extended and grounded into the ground didnt move and you can see the floor move above the location where the robotic hand is

And the rov moved secondary to look like it was just rov movements lol @ them almost losing the rov...

smh if they surface now

[edit on 8/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I see ROV thrusters stirring up silt, then digging down into the seabed. You can see the claw on the arm going deeper in while this happens. Then the ROV lifts up and the silt gets blown around everywhere.

I don't see the seafloor rising, and I don't see it erupting. This sort of event happens multiple times a day, as per my own observations watching the live feeds.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I can see when the seabed rises it could be the camera creating an optical illusion BUT I don't see that same kind of effect when the seabed drops.
The seabed does drop imo.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Bachrk]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think it was a sprayer or something on the arm that when it injected whatever they stuck the arm in, it lifted the sand.

The rest of it was PURELY the ROV moving, and not the seabed "dropping". rofl

This guy reminds me of Alex Jones, OH MY GOD, IT'S ALL GOING TO END RIGHT NOW... AND I TOLD YOU ABOUT IT FIRST!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The sea floor is not rising and collapsing. Not to be crude here, but give me a break. Such movement of tons of matter would create more than a slight dust plume from around the ROV.

The optical effect takes place as the ROV's robotic arm is (presumably) boring into the surface. The drill, rotor, what have you, strikes something solid immediately and all the misplaced torque (it has to go somewhere, if it can't bore into the ground) causes the ROV to lift in place. The ROV disengages, and it comes back down creating a dust plume and the "perceived" optical illusion that the sea floor rises and collapses...

The commentary was ridiculous, as was the ultra-drama, and the self-advertising equally monotonous and nauseating. Who are these people that watch ROV streams alll daaayy looongg...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Is it fear? is that why as soon as something like this comes along you all start saying its just the camera moving. There is clearly something happening in that video!

If the camera is moving why does the robotic arm stay where it is!

Why does the sea floor actaully go above the hand of the robotic arm?

Now i havnt been much attention to all this stuff in the gulf but this made me sit up and take a little sharp breath! In my opinion i think methane is building up uncrontolably. Ive heard a few people talking about this methane build up and to be quite frankly honest i believe it!

So again i ask, Is it fear that leads you to be so disillusioned?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
If the camera is moving why does the robotic arm stay where it is!

Torque. The arm struck a force in which it could not match, thus the misplaced torque of the powerful ROV arm caused the ROV's base to displace upward. The ROV isn't mounted.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

at first i thought it was the r.o.v. too but when you look at the depth
numbers at the right
i,m not sure anymore
but shouldn't there be more dust when the seafloor goes down again?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

It isn't fear at all. The claw on the robotic arm CLEARLY digs into the sand. CLEARLY the silt is stirred up by the thrusters as it comes up all around the ROV. The ROV CLEARLY lifts into the air and comes back down when it pulls up the claw.

I choose to watch these videos with a sense of rationality for the simple fact that if I were to watch them with the need to have something, ANYTHING, going wrong, I would react as you did, every single time. I choose to NOT see something in nothing and instead am waiting for the something in something. That's all. If you have ever read anything I have posted about this subject you would understand where I am coming from.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

its the ROV moving,

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A good link for a lot of people who watch these cams all of the time is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The reason for the thread is to prevent a lot of threads popping up with 'Woah! Did you see that?'.

The people on that thread are very friendly, and very dedicated to denying ignorance.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The best way to see if the rover camera moves up and down is to look at the object on the right side that is stationary, it looks like a mechanism/pump thing for the robot arm.

If you scroll through the flash, you can see the ROV is not moving. Grabbing the bar and scroll through the footage a few times you will see it is the ground moving.

Try it.

Thanks for sharing

Edited to add: start at 1:00 and go to 1:35 and scroll back and forth you will see its the ground moving. It is like a self fast forward feature.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Quickfix]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join