It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced to register as a Democrat..prank or organized attempt?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Forgive me.

I stand corrected.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeftWingLarry

In my state we have closed primaries. You are only allowed to vote in your own party's primary. That makes a certain amount of sense. If I wanted to screw up the other party's chances of winning and if I could vote in the opposition's primary, then I might very well choose to vote for the person with the least chance of winning in November.

If you're an independent you can't vote in either party's primary.

My husband was a registered independent for years, but in this state switched his registration to one of the parties in order to vote in that party's primaries.

Other than being allowed to participate in one party's primary, he is not affected one iota in who he votes for.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

I apologize to you my friend, I didn't realize until i just re-read my post to you how snippy and short I was. I apologize whole heartedly.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The one place i can see where it would effect would be republicians running for state office would tend not to go to areas of the state that are real high in democrats and have few independents that might vote republican.

Say you have a area that has 40% democrats 40% republicans and 20% independents.

Now both party candidates will try to get voters in that area and spend money to get them.

Now due to switched registration it now looks like there is 65% democrats and only 30% republicans and 10% independents a republican candidate may believe he is not going to get enough votes for his money and he may choose to spend his money in areas where he has a better chance of winning.

I can under this see where it would be a big help to a democratic candidate to get his opposition to spend money in the wrong place.

Yes screwing with the voter registration numbers could make a big difference in a election if its done in the right areas and the candidate of one party knows the numbers are false

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Quite possible. I dunno it just seems like a whole lot of work for very small payoff in the end. Assuming it isn't someone or people in the elections office, then they,whomever was hacking the computers, would be facing serious criminal charges if ever caught. Unless they think they will never be caught, which is also quite possible. I dunno just seems the work and risk outweigh the reward to me.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join