It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EX tag and half of all ATS content now hidden.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yesterday I sent in an alert reporting that a goodly amount of the text in the following older threads, below, (contained in ex tags) is completely hidden from view. If this had been implemented at the onset of ATS's bbcode system there wouldn't have been problem because posters would have been aware to front-load their URLs for sourcing purposes.

Examples of threads and posts this affects:
0. www.abovetopsecret.com...
1. www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now since the text is cut off arbitrarily it makes a great number of older threads utterly unreadable.

I've enjoyed ATS for several years now, but as I go through many dated postings where the text is now arbitrarily clipped it's just not worth reading. The whole thing has become a formatting nightmare.

For this to be workable without ruining all the older content on ATS the ex tag should be left alone and a `new ex,` with this limited functionality, should be substituted in its place.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Or perhaps they could just enable vertical scroll bars on the EX tag. Should be that hard to do. Good on you for bringing it up, now let's hope that the folks who handle the ATS CSS formatting can fit it into their busy schedule

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

They had the vertical scroll bars for a very short time, they worked great for me in chrome but apparently there were issues with some peoples browsers so the bars were taken off line, no idea if there are plans to put them back.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
None of this will be an issue in the very near future. We are dealing with several "legal issues" at the moment, once we have that resolved (this week hopefully) it will go back to normal.

That's really all we can say about it other than, we appreciate your patience.

Springer...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for the info Springer.

I had a feeling there was some sort of legal ninja-foo going on in the background. It's good to know you guys have it under control.

Sending good vibes your direction,
-X

join