It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com articles on SDI - Strategic Defense Initiative - Star Wars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
LASER WEAPON TECHNOLOGY AND THE STAR WARS PROGRAM If a nuclear attack were launched on America, it could involve hundreds of missiles carrying thousands of warheads, each travelling at up to 4 miles a second towards targets they would reach within 30 minutes of launch. To protect themselves, the US have therefore developed their Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) or 'Star Wars' program. MIRACL - MID-INFRARED ADVANCED CHEMICAL LASER Firing a beam six feet wide, it has been steadily improved until it is now thought to be steady enough to hit satellites. However, for the scientists who have been designing the laser at the White Sands base in the New Mexico desert, they want to show that the laser can not only demolish spy satellites, but also fast-moving aircraft and missiles. STAR WARS TEST PLATFORMS - GROUND BASED INTERCEPTOR AND EXO-ATMOSPHERIC KILL VEHICLE Raytheon is under contract to deliver a sensor platform and space-based weapons platform for testing, and may have enter final production should it demonstrate its viability to the Department of Defense's Ballistic Missile Defense section.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just wonder what they will come up with next. I think the star wars system is good, but what about russias new stealthy missile, does this get hit down or are they constantly changing the equipment as they go?

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You would think this is a new idea or a new concept, but actually it is not. In the late 1800s early 1900s an american/serb scientist called Nikola Tesla patented such an idea.

He invented such things as wireless radio (communications), AC ( alternating current). It is rumoured that the stars wars program is based on one of his patents.

He came up with a lot of other advanced theories, some flawed, some way ahead of its time. When he died, the american goverment took all his works, theories and patents.

One of his theories based on flight, was using electro magnetic propelled craft, ie flying discs or cigar shaped crafts with sub stations on the ground, as the source of its power.

An interesting observation is 4 years after his death and the american government seizing his works, the roswell incident occurred.

However I recently saw a program which mentioned work on electro magnetic powered trains, which could travel at massive speeds around the world, with the traveller not feeling any effect of going at such speeds.

Interesting concept, another tecnology based on Nikola Tesla's work I feel.

The guy was an underated genius, often labelled as a mad scientist by detractors, probably due to his main rival at the time, who he outshone in the war of the currents, the one and only Thomas Edison. Strangely we have all heard of Edison the inventor of DC ( direct current) and not many have heard of Tesla, whose theoretical work formed the basis of modern alternating current electric power, which everyone uses today.

I think everyone should look into his works, there are a lot of documentaries on him available to watch online.

[edit on 13-10-2008 by Horus12]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Very interesting, i always thought that Nikola Tesla was a smart man and didnt get the credit he deserves.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Star wars has to be some kind of front for something related but not as advertised. It is simPly too comPlex and implausible as conventionally presented.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by WeaselSpencer

Star wars has to be some kind of front for something related but not as advertised. It is simPly too comPlex and implausible as conventionally presented.

Perhaps it's to conceal manned lunar landings...

new topics

top topics

join