It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something is missing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by inbound
reply to post by Cajun Raptor

If there werent 20 or so cameras roaming around down there all day long everyday of the week, I would agree. Its no that I "want" to see it, it's that I have not, which is out of the ordinary in a situation like this. Given the enormous volume of video and stills coming out of the GOM, I just find it a little weird. Just saying

Perhaps that is part of the problem. You perceive them to be 'roaming' but they appear to have pretty clear directives. Even if at times those directives are sit-still and look at one spot for hours.

But I agree that perhaps there might be something about the original BOP they dont want us to see. Or perhaps its not relevant info fro them to seek out right now.

I dont think the ROV operators get to just meander the sea floor.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

No I dont percieve them to just be roaming around aimlessly. ROV time is expensive and they have a big job to do. With all of the video/pictures in the past to come out during other events, that are irrelevant, and a waste of time and money, I just find it odd that there is not one pic of it on the bottom. They sure as heck filmed it to the very end on the surface. Its been over 100 days, surely there has been a viable reason to be in the immediate vicinity of the rig with an ROV camera rolling. Maybe it is a moot point right now, but it is odd. Speakin of meandering- I did watch an operator follow a crab around with his camera on the ROV for about 20 minutes yesterday.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by inbound]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

perhaps you're right. Like i said, maybe they dont want us to see it.

But just to play devils advocate, its 300 yards away. Thats not exactly a hop skimp and jump way when your a mile under water, i would think.

to be certain, there is a lot they probably arent showing us. that much seems obvious. ITs the 'why?' none of us are sure of.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cajun Raptor
Why spend money on a picture of something at the bottom of the ocean that will provide no help or relevence of the true problem at hand.

It's a crime scene. Why would the criminals spend money that would provide no help to cover up the evidence that is relevant to "the true problem at hand"?

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If you read the up to the minute thread here somewhere a week or more ago there was video of wreckage being shown. In fact it has happened a couple of times. I can't say for sure that the videos are on the thread or not (I honestly can't remember if they were posted or I was watching the live feeds, or both.). I do know that several of us saw wreckage a few times. They don't show it often and they don't show much of it, but it has been shown.

As for why there aren't any pics, well, we are talking about BP here and they didn't want us to see anything at all. They have lied to us multiple times about multiple things.

Did a quick search on youtube and found this.

I have never seen these before, and they are from the less than clear Viking Poseidon, and I remember that the footage I saw was not from that ROV, but I can't say which ROV I saw it on, just that the picture was very clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join