It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something is missing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Okay, so I've been paying pretty close attention to the oil gusher since the beginning, as it is personal to me in many ways irrelevant to the thread. In my almost 40 years of life I have witnessed many disasters in person and on the tube. Ive seen plane crashes, hurricanes, tornados, wars, etc,etc,etc x100. All along the media is ever present showing each and every detail of the carnage at hand. There is one thing that this particular circus is lacking. I have searched and searched for it and cannot find anything. Have not heard anyone ask the question, heck I've even googled the question, and it seems that no one else has asked it yet. I am well aware that the coastlines, marine life, people living in effected areas, and BOP are the hot and probably the most important issues here, but one thing has never been covered even for one minute. So here it is- why is there not one picture, still or video of the Deepwater Horizon on the bottom? Maybe I'm being trivial, but it (to me) seems odd that this has never been shown. I remeber when the U.S. sub collided with the Japanese fishing boat and sunk it- there where pictures within a couple days of the said boat on the bottom. When flight 800 went down- same thing, video of the plane on the bottom, in pieces, but there was video. Any thoughts- pics?

[edit on 3-8-2010 by inbound]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Cant find any pictures either.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ive been looking for quite a while now- nothing. I just figure somewhere along the way one of those ROV's mighta passed by

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have asked the same question on other threads. Some have claimed to have seen glimpses of the rig in the background of some of the ROV footage.

According to a form post on drillingahead.com (here) BP has stated it is located on the seafloor, upside-down, about 1,500 feet away from the Macondo well it drilled. Which is about 500 yards.

I think it's weird we have not seen any pictures or footage of the wreckage. I wonder if this is the reason they are not showing all of the ROV feeds right now. Could it be some of the ROVs are checking out the wreckage and they do not want to stream those feeds?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I too have seen glimpses of "stuff" in the background. Nothing that resembles a semi-submersible drilling rig.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by inbound

I agree! There are really no clear images.

Here is a link to the post which said you can "barely make out" the wreckage in the back ground:
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by inbound

Good question! It reminds me of 9/11 when we couldn't actually see the wreckage of the plane said to have crashed in Pennsylvania or other physical that one would expect to find to corroborate the official story.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
With BP being the ones providing the feeds and images I am not surpised that we have not seen an image, that's the last thing they want going thru our minds, their major safety disaster laying on the sea floor.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
nothing of the sank rig but it was in very deep water, there was a part of it that washed ashore in FL though.... Least they thought it was from the rig.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
My question is, why were there live cams down there almost from day one, for the whole world to view?

Normally, when they screw up, they want to keep as much as they can a secret, but in this case, it seems that they wanted the whole world to see the oil spillin' from that well head.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Iv not seen anything either.

sorry if this is off topic

The other day i brought the oil spill up in conversation with my dad and he told me that one of his friends who works at the BP in england just out side my city of hull told him that "BP are waiting for all the media attention to die down and they are going to sue so many american company's for not following procedures"
or something to that effect.

my old man couldnt remember the company's(its not realy something id imagine him to take interest in) and i couldnt tell you what procedure's these companys didnt follow either.

Maybe its just rumours going around BP but still maybe worth keeping an eye on

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Just to clarify, there were NO live cams down there for a couple of weeks. Not until the gov't demanded live coverage for all to see. The ROV's were surely recording for BP's use, but we didn't see it for a while. The ROV's aren't down there just to record, but to work as well, and they were deployed as soon as the ships controlling them got there.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Ok, so after a couple of weeks, my mistake, but the question still remains why the gov. was so eager to display this.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

This is somewhat related but in the past couple months, I asked my Dad if there has ever been this many disasaters (cant spell it) in such a short period of time through out his life, he said no, but it maybe because of technology, started with the earth quakes, tornadoes, heat, big floods, volcanoes erupting, if this is all true, then wth is going on?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 123xxxx

I believe that to be the sixty four thousand dollar question. I know tech plays a role in the way in which information travels, but wow, sure seems like a lot of stuff going on. I can remember when I was younger that we would get a plane crash here, earthquake there, maybe a wildfire somewhere along the way over the course of a year or so. now we get that on a monthly basis

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So here it is- why is there not one picture, still or video of the Deepwater Horizon on the bottom?

Maybe it's because National Geographic had "exclusive access" to the site of the oil rig disaster?

I wonder how National Geographic wound up with exclusive access?

They took a video of it sinking, and created a one hour special entitled "Gulf Oil Spill" that aired on the National Geographic Channel. so they are probably saving the video of it sitting on the bottom for the next documentary.

Video of Oil Rig Sinking

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Why spend money on a picture of something at the bottom of the ocean that will provide no help or relevence of the true problem at hand. You want to see it, spend a couple million to get down there to snap a photo. The risk outways the benifits of doing it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by inbound

LMAO, that is a great question not even 1 picture GOOD CATCH FRIEND... s&f.

Here is a FAR reach IT FELL IN A HOLE/FISSURE ect.!!!!!!!!!!
sick mofos are playen real games wit it.

Props OP...

[edit on 8/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cajun Raptor

If there werent 20 or so cameras roaming around down there all day long everyday of the week, I would agree. Its no that I "want" to see it, it's that I have not, which is out of the ordinary in a situation like this. Given the enormous volume of video and stills coming out of the GOM, I just find it a little weird. Just saying

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by Ceriddwen

Ok, so after a couple of weeks, my mistake, but the question still remains why the gov. was so eager to display this.

Perhaps because they knew people would want to have access to information.

That's what this thread is asking for, right?

<<   2 >>

join