It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange Responds to Increasing US Government Attacks on WikiLeaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Julian Assange Responds to Increasing US Government Attacks on WikiLeaks

www.democracynow.org

It’s been ten days since the whistleblower website WikiLeaks published the massive archive of classified military records about the war in Afghanistan, but the fallout in Washington and beyond is far from over. Justice Department lawyers are reportedly exploring whether WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange could be charged with violating the Espionage Act of 1917 for publishing the classified Afghan war documents. Meanwhile, investigators in the Army’s criminal division have reportedly questioned two students in Boston about their ties to WikiLeaks and Private First Class Bradley Manni
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Amazing, he just said this about the encrypted file:

it might be important assuring that part of the history do not disappear

About the informants:

He said basically that a lof of these informants use the US Forces to kill their enemies, so, a lot of them are just using the system for personal benefits

He talks about project vigilante.

Very interesting ... watch the video, so you can get more of his views about recent comments.

www.democracynow.org

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

Amazing, he just said this about the encrypted file:

it might be important assuring that part of the history do not disappear

About the informants:

He said basically that a lof of these informants use the US Forces to kill their enemies, so, a lot of them are just using the system for personal benefits

He talks about project vigilante.

Very interesting ... watch the video, so you can get more of his views about recent comments.

www.democracynow.org

I cannot really understand what he is saying due to hearing loss and fuzzy audio, so all I can do is remark on your comments. If that is what he says about the encrypted file, then I will make the assumption that it is the entire dump fo all of his intelligence "cache".

As for the informants, honestly I think humanity needs to get over itself. Anytime someone feels the need to lie, it is a sign of immaturity either because of fear or greed or some other vice. We need a painful and explosive revealing of the truth so we can work through our issues as a species and move on.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
actually he says

"one can assume that if you are in the situation we are", or something like that

he didnt say directly, but you can read that ...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I have never in my life followed a story so closely and with such anticipation.

Bring it on Assange!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Seems Assange and WikiLeaks were pretty smart and covered a lot of their bases and some in government are getting frustrated by this. This certainly is a test of a lot of laws and freedoms...and old paradigms that led us into the mess we're in.

I think it's great that whistleblowers have a safe haven...away from the political extremists of all varieties who silence them with threats, ridicule, vilification, blackmail, bribes, and even worse.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Faoil - If I may, a suggestion:

I've noticed the 'all encompassing' threads around ATS (e.g. BP Livefeed, Earthquake Watch 2010, etc.). Perhaps you'd agreed, that Wikileaks and Assange need their own thread to discuss developments. This would also allow a single point of research for those interested in learning specifically about past/present WL events and news - Just a thought.

I'd do it myself, but that's a lot research!

edit to clarify

[edit on 3-8-2010 by misinformational]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
its a lot of work ... I think it deserves its own section ... then it would be a lot more easy to post news about it

nowadays is easy to find out what wikileaks is .. I dont think anyone have trouble with that

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
More breaking Wikileaks news:

Project Vigilant is a Fraud

This possibly proves that Lamo is a lying about Manning.

Even more credibility for WL.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good find and thanks Faiol . The more we find out the truth the quicker we can stop the spin the ptb send us ..tks and peace

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that they are thinking of ways to try and charge Assange for possibly violating an Espionage act of 1917

There should be enough information in wikileaks posession ( and now in the public domain ) for the UN to charge the United States military leaders for war crimes.

Hypocrites!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This whole thing just cracks me up.

If all of the things about the CIA, US Military, New World Order and a few dozen other so called secret organizations that supposedly exist are true, why is this guy still alive?

Why hasn't he had a car accident, a 9mm brain hemorrage, an exploding telephone, a whale smashing his boat or some other life ending incident?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
This whole thing just cracks me up.

If all of the things about the CIA, US Military, New World Order and a few dozen other so called secret organizations that supposedly exist are true, why is this guy still alive?

I know. The CIA is falling asleep at the switch.

Originally posted by JIMC5499
a whale smashing his boat.....

"Whale Wars". My fav show! I love watching stupid hippies at sea!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

who knows

probably because they hired him or they didnt really cared until now

but now its too late

besides ... if he falls down, others will stand and create other technologies ...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Roger, there is a transcript of the interview on that site.

I didn't try to listen to it....takes too long, I can read faster.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Assange needs to release something else

but I think they changed the strategies, he only will release now with the mainstream press cooperation for maximum media ... I dont know

new topics

top topics

join