It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you were ellected POTUS tomorrow?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree whole heartedly with #2, and #3. As for the others, I dissagree, but I respect your views. Thanks for the post and feel free to "Double Post" here and elsewhere any time you want.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Hey Dock9, give me a call on day 7 and I'll shoot a round with you, I'll even buy ya a round at the clubhouse.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Love them, nh_ee, Love them.

We are DEFINITELY on the same page.

Wana be my VPOTUS? or the other way around?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Two words.

Mars B******. RED ROCKS.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Join The Commonwealth, it's what you all want deep down. lol

[edit on 3/8/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Toga party.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost of Chewie

Some of your ideas I agree with, and some of them I don't.

There are rules in place, though. Even if the POTUS could do all the things you mention, those ideas have to be voted upon.

Thank goodness for that, because otherwise, we would probably be in far worse trouble!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Oh, and as for the spelling? I just simply couldn't resist on this one. I normally, I don't agree with spelling Nazi's, because many members do not know English as a first language, but I took you to be an American with your question.

My apologies.

I do stick by education as a something that needs to be moved to the top of this list, though.

Far to many children slipping through the cracks!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Far too many......

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Oh, and as for the spelling? I just simply couldn't resist on this one. I normally, I don't agree with spelling Nazi's, because many members do not know English as a first language, but I took you to be an American with your question.

My apologies.

I do stick by education as a something that needs to be moved to the top of this list, though.

I agree whole heartedly. Education MUST be on the forefront. There are too many kids nowadays, that have little to no education. I have a 9 year old nephew, who goes to public schools, and my 3 year old daughter, who goes to a private pre-school, knows more than he does, 3 languages, basic math, reading, writing, etc... I thought this was an isolated incident, but his 13 year old sister is almost as bad. This is horrible.

I went through grammer school in a very small town, and the teachers didn't know what to make of my Dyslexia, but at least they tried. I moved to a larger town for middle school and Highschool, and that is where the public school system "lost it's steam". I had a friend, at my graduation, who sat next to me, handed me his diploma, and asked me if it was his name. HE COULDN'T READ HIS OWN NAME!!!:bnghd:
(Side Note: He got a 4 year "Full Ride" scholarship to a good university, whos acceptance letter he had to sign with an X and a witness. He couldn't spell his name either.)

Kinda makes ya want to throw up, dont it?

[I am an American and English is my first language, I speak it very well and understand it perfectly. I just have problems writing it every now and then. I am not insulted. Thank you for your help.]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
sory, double post AGAIN!

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Ghost of Chewie]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Far too many......

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Thanks, you point out what my point was!

edit quote fix

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'd actually follow the constitution.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
What would I do if I were somehow elected President tomorrow? Let's just say that it is a long list but I will shrink it down to the points.

1. Make policies on education a top priority.

2. Make sure that the United States has a completely functional high speed rail lines in place across the nation within two years of being sworn in.

3. Revoke all of the tax breaks for the wealthy, i. e. someone who makes over $150 thousand a year. After all of the taxes are collected, the money shall only be spent on funding for the rebuilding or paying for the construction of schools, help cities in financial trouble to pay for police, fire, and EMS services. Not only will the billions collect go toward helping to build schools or to keep police, firefighters, and medics employed. It will also to the revamping of our nation's infrastructure that is in dire need.

4. Severly punish any American based company that blatantly sends employment overseas just to pay cheaper wages. All CEOs will be thrown in prison for two years and fines close to if not above $1 billion dollars will be brought. After the second offense, each company's assets will be liquidated and sold to the public at auction.

5. In response to NAFTA, it will be thrown out the door like yesterdays garbage.

6. Require all states to instate or reinstate the death penalty. If a state already has one form or two forms of execution, then nothing will be done to those states. It is the states that don't have the death penalty that will be required to have one form of execution, excluding the guillotine, hanging, and torture.

7. Any corporations found to be employing illegals will be dealt with and dealt with severely. Minimum prison sentence of five years per illegal worker per CEO of the company. Not only will the cost of feeding, transporting the illegals be added onto a companies fine. So will the wages for however many guards are assigned as will the court costs incurred by the government.

8. Require that both the Pledge Of Allegiance and the national anthem be recited at all public sports venues and at all schools.

9. Require that all pharmaceutical companies sell their products at a reasonable price, not an arm and a leg to the people that needs medications. Along with the pricing, sign into law making it illegal for doctors to hand out prescriptions for people that either abuse or resale prescription drugs at a higher price. Punishable by a minimum of fifteen years in federal lockup for both the doctor and the abuser.

10. Have every single lobbyist in Washington arrested and charged with conspiracy. For every politician that is found to be on the inside with the lobbyist. not only will the politician be thrown out of public office. The said politician or politicians we be banned from running for a publi office no matter where they are from or where they live.

11. Take a vacation.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Firstly let me make clear im a uk citizen and dont no that much on usa policys so some of what i say may be redundent, sorry.

in no paticular order i would:

redesign health care and bring america an NHS, privete health is still avalible for faster/experimental services but everyone needs basics watever their income.

put in restrictions on the size of companys (no all powerfull megacorporations) and on profit margins chargable on products, so £10,000 cars canot be sold at £100,000 (poor example but cant think of another at the moment)

give funding boosts to nasa, public infrastructure and univercitys/reserch oayed for with progresive taxes.

establish a new amendment ensuring compleate seperation of religion and the state.

legalise and hevighly tax and regulate low level drugs.

establish reserch into practicality and public suport of direct democracy.

add greater gun control but teach self defence lessons in schools to compensate.

make laws regarding keeoing campaign promises with proper oversite of curcumstances but if they could resinably be achived and were not the president etc is baned permenantly from politics after the ennd of term.

Begin nationlisation of some industrys - unsure what yet but would no more in the situation.

eliminate the death penalty in all states.

increaced transparency ie: punlishing minets of whitehouse meetings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join