It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelations 6: The first seal has been broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You may or may not believe in the prophecies in the Bible. I'm not a Christian nor do I believe the Bible to be 100% true, but I do believe there are very important messages that we can learn from.

Revelations is a book with many prophecies and symbols. The four horesment in Rev. is also symbolic and if we look closely we find the answers we are looking for.

Rev. 6:2
"And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer. "

Symbols:

white horse - Riding a horse was the fastest way to get around in the old days. Not only are horses quick but they were also strong. So, horses symbolize fast and strong. This verse mentions a white horse. The color white is purity and righteous. By looking at the white horse, I know the rider is claiming to be pure and righteous. The rider will also be strong and be a fast conquerer.

the rider - No description is given to us but we do have two symbols we can use: a bow and a crown. We also know this rider is bent on conquest. The bow is used to reach enemies from a distance. It's also a great hunting weapon
. So, why a bow and not a sword? I believe we are being shown that this rider is going to conquer far away areas and not just his neighbors. The crown would symbolize the rider as a ruler, a king, or leader of a nation.

Putting it all together:

We have a ruler that is going to conquer areas far from his nation. His nation will be strong and will conquer areas very fast. He will claim his nation to be of purity and of righteousness.

The only leader of a nation that has been able conquer a far away nation very fast and claims it was done in the name of rightesness is George Bush Jr. of the United States of America.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The imam al Mahdi of the Muslims will come on a white horse.

Kalki of the Hindus will come on a white horse.

both of those characters above are meant to come and save the world, they will both be considered Antichrist because apparently they will kill mercilessly. I heard their job is to kill all the evil people who have sinned and never repented, their job is to free this planet earth from corruption and to save the last few good people. the aim is to set the world ready for the arrival of jesus. now both imam mahdi and kalki could be the same person. but there is no evidence of that.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The names of the Four Horsemen have been known since antiquity... and the name of that one is "War." It's symbolic and not meant to represent any particular person.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bputman

My understanding of the first seal is that the first Horsemen represents "Pestilence". That was one of the labels used by popular tradition, and I still think they got it right.

I was arguing the case in my own thread on the "Four Horsemen".
The key point is the use of the arrow as a symbol of pestilence.
This can be found in Psalm 91 vv5-6;
"You shall not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness
Nor the destruction that wastes at noonday"

And I pointed out that the same image is found in other ancient cultures, as at the beginning of Homer's Iliad when the angry god Apollo is sending arrows into the Greek camp and everybody goes down with plague.

So I would argue that the "first seal" ought to be a massive epidemic. Maybe swine flu after all.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
From what I've read about interpreting the "seals" of the Revelation, you're extremely lucky if can get two people in a room together who agree on what the seals mean and how many have been opened.

That's the basic problem with all symbolic prophesy. Too easy to read things into it. Not enough specifics.

And besides, the Nostradamus predictions go to the year 3797. So I'm thinking that the "End Times" are probably still pretty far off.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
My understanding of the first seal is that the first Horsemen represents "Pestilence". That was one of the labels used by popular tradition, and I still think they got it right.

I was arguing the case in my own thread on the "Four Horsemen".
The key point is the use of the arrow as a symbol of pestilence.
This can be found in Psalm 91 vv5-6;
"You shall not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness
Nor the destruction that wastes at noonday"

The Psalm is obviously referring to several different calamities here, so the notion that an "arrow" (which is obviously armed combat) is the same thing as "pestilence" is way off.

As the Magic 8-Ball says: "REPLY HAZY, TRY AGAIN."

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I think they're synonyms, and the Homeric parallel is there as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You read deep and you can make anything out of the bible. By far the worst book ever written as it has caused more pain and suffering than good as it claims purity and good intentins yet it sends many countries to war over this kig of kings. Oh wait!!! The bible is the seal not G. Bush. Honestly I wold hope a god would choose a more intelegent person but afterall we "the USA" elected him... didnt we??? Oh yea almost forgot it was the supream court and his daddies buddies that elected him after his cousin anouced him a winner over Al Gore.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think that Obama is the Antichrist, which is what the white horse means. The bible tells us that the AC will preach peace, and nothing will come but more violence. Obama promised to bring our troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq, but instead did the exact opposite, and sent 60,000 more troops. There is also much more proof for him being the AC, send me a U2U if you are interested and I will send you the facts.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

any of you guys ever thought god was/is the devil?

Really sorry if I offended anybody, I can't back it up but anybody ever had that thought?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

Some Bible scholars claim that 6 of the seals have been broken and we are waiting 7th.

www.bible-knowledge.com...

I have a hard time believing the KJV of the Bible is the word of God.

Many books were omitted and Revelations just barely was included.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 123xxxx

I have thought that he may be a false God and part of a massive deception. There are a lot of contradictions in the Bible. It's as if the Old and New Testament are speaking of two completely different gods.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
here is the four horseman the first: a white horse he that sat on has a bow and crown given to unto him; he went forth conquering and to conquer, then the red horse; he that sit on him has the power to take peace from the earth and to let man kill one an other,and a great sword was given unto him. the black horse and he who sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand,and he said, a measure wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny and see that thou hurt not the oil the wine, the last horse the pale one and death sat upon him and hell followed him and over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, and with death, and with the beast of the field. so yes you are correct the seal has been broken.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123xxxx
reply to post by bputman

any of you guys ever thought god was/is the devil?

Really sorry if I offended anybody, I can't back it up but anybody ever had that thought?

No, never, but it seems angels and devils are interchangeable at times in the bible, such as Job and depends on what an individual needs to learn for spiritual growth. Job wanted answers and did the booming voice give it to him? I actually don't believe in a devil per se, but I do believe in negativity.

When I read Genesis as a teen, I wondered about the 'gods' in the garden of Eden and the sly serpent. Since I've expanded my concept of god and realized that there is no devil, but only fear and negative energy, I've come to realize that it's man that judges and will judge himself only. I've been at a higher level of existence and found no judgment; only total acceptance and compassion. If people choose to believe in a judgmental god outside of their own spiritual essence, that's their toil in life.

Truthfully, when my daughter was very young, she did commune with a consciousness and it could have been her higher self or a guide that showed her great love. Her told her my guide's name. This presence was very compassionate and it was something very personal for her and I do understand, because I did have the experience of communing with a higher consciousness that was 'christ like'. No way I'm perfect, because I did not maintain that level of being. I allowed fear and worry to come back, but for that short time, it was truly magic. I hope I can acheive that level again some day. It all takes place within. I am amused by people that seek out organized religion, but I suppose it could be a stepping stone. I'm not sure how, because it all is within. We are capable of so much more and don't need to be part of a cult, which is a group of followers with a leader. Now I sound judgmental! I still have a lot of growing to do.

The Egyptians called that presence the 'Ka' and I think that is symbolized by the serpent in the region of the third eye. Raising the sexual energy all the way up to the pineal gland is a powerful experience and we also see this depiction with the ancient Sumerians holding a pine cone at the base of the skull. There is truly nothing to be afraid of, except our own insecurities.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
both 'RizeorDie' and our estemed 'Byrd' have it correct (imho)

Originally posted by RizeorDie
The imam al Mahdi of the Muslims will come on a white horse.

Kalki of the Hindus will come on a white horse.

Originally posted by Byrd
The names of the Four Horsemen have been known since antiquity...
and the name of that one is "War."
It's symbolic and not meant to represent any particular person.

Well.. not a 'war' person such as Napoleon or Hitler or even Pol Pot..
but a 'war' oriented person that brings 'peace' which inevitably turns into a strategic conflict--- either by his design or by the geo-political forces he & his (small party) are immersed in.!

the AC actually does not know that hjis being the "rider-on-the-white-horse" >Turned Evil<
is his destiny...
the [soon to become] AC human , gets infused with the Satanic Spirit
-but only after his head-wound (assassination) is not successful in termininating him.

[of course that individual/ human is no longer in the shell body]
which then becomes inhabited/taken over by the Satanic entity
(to eventually become the AC = Rider-on-the-White-Horse (false Savior)

waaay tooo much to explain in a short paragraph ---
dang i should have left it alone
and have let the answers by Byrd & RizeorDie suffice !

at least as the narritive reads to me

have a nice day Ya'll

[edit on 3-8-2010 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

join