It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this what you want? 2012?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
just curious cos i got not much idea but if a solar storm was large enough on an emp scale would it fry everything electrical?

only things tuirned on?

or also stuff turned off too?

and yeh it's hard to get caught up making a thread and introducing my own opinions. i still believe war is coming it's inevitable but i reckon 2012 will be more of a change than anything else

surely this is just mass hysteria

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

2012 is definitely not a part of the Hopi mythology. I am not aware of any connection with the Aztecs. One of the Mayan calendars wraps in 2012. Whoopee doo dah hurray. Who cares? That Mayans did not. They have no prophecies associated with the end of the Haab calendar.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

When have people been pushed backwards to the stone age?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ISHAMAGI

When it takes ingredients from 5 countries just to make dinner something is severely wrong.

Why do you say that? If learning from other people around the world is bad, then I suggest you avoid this problem by eating locally. It can be done.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

One tiny above average solar storm and the whole empire falls in a flash.

Is that what you think happened in 1859? I think you need to learn a little about power distribution systems and how they work.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

And you think that the 2013 predicted solar maximum is going to damage electronics? Why didn't the previous solar maximum do that or the one before that or the one ... They happen about every 11 years you know.

en.wikipedia.org...]Solar Maximum - wikipedia

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

1859 storm would of destroyed our electronics.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The poster characterized that event as "One tiny above average solar storm".

Is that what you think? Probably.

So please tell me how my personal electronics are damaged by an 1859 event? I know of a simple measure that prevents damage.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
rofl at a solar storm sending us back to the stone age!! that won't happen simple matter is anyone that even suspects it will happen will simply turn the device off

so let see so far in 2012 we have...

Planet X hitting us
Planet nibiru hitting us
A solar storm burning earth up
A solar storm sending our electornics down back to stone age
Reptilian invasion
Aliens announcing themselves on earth
End Of Days

that's alot to look forward to

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I agree that people are probably tired of all the greed, poverty, fiscal slavery and just plain ol nastiness that has gotten out of control and want a new beginning. I don't think that people want to see the planet or innocents suffer however, Never underestimate the desire to want to start over.................
Those who are doing these things to us and our environment will only ever understand one thing, Power.

For them, might makes right and so we all see why everything is the way it is. They will never give up their perceived power until someone or something rips it away from them with "ALL the force that is required to achieve that goal", So be it says

for a brighter future.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I've debunked everything regarding 2012 out there. I'm glad I did. People shouldn't fear the nonexistent, it's a waste of time. But now there is something just as bad as the Nibiru hoaxers. It's the "Doomsday won't happen but something big will" crowd. spiritual awakening, world peace, evoloution, alien disclosure, etc....

There is equal evidence that Nibiru will destroy us as there is that something will happen. Zero on either side. It boggles my mind that people think Nibiru is logical but think a global spiritual awakening has any more integrity to it than the Nibiru hoax.

There is no evidence that anything at all will happen other than 12/22/2012. Wake up people. Believing in some divine awakening or any thing else special about that date is no better than the Niburu garbage.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't necessarily believe that anything will happen in 2012 but I do believe that the world is descending. Morally, ethically, economically, socially, spiritually.

I don't want to debate my definition of the above mentioned descent because that is the enigma; what I see as moral descent, many simply don't see it. And that confirms my point, making debate a forgone conclusion.

We have corrupt politicians who see nothing wrong with their corruption and are so arrogant they refuse to step down. We have a President who, much like an adolescent, makes no bones about blaming others for his own failures. The level of deflection of this president is unprecedented. Never have we had a president who is so divisive.

The level of corruption at the highest levels is also unprecedented. Billions and trillions of dollars lost/stolen/wasted and nobody will take responsibility for it. While serving on the senate finance committee, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were clearly influential in the policies that made it possible for poor folks to get into homes they couldn't afford. Then when things collapsed, everybody ran for cover and blamed everybody else. Even with video evidence of Barney Frank saying Fannie and Freddie were stable and on solid ground and there was nothing to worry about, he still refuses to take any responsibility whatsoever. When Washington is passing these laws with no input or regard of the public, SOMEBODY has to be held accountable.

Human nature is to be free. Each of us is literally "born free" by the grace of God. That freedom historically has not been at the discretion of TPTB but rather a God given right. But that is slowly changing. With the Feds having the power to execute warrant-less searches/seizures, cameras all over our cities, satellites being used to spy, our president circumventing the congress by way of executive order, creating wide reaching laws enabling literally anybody to be labeled as an enemy combatant and the list goes on and on.

Our involvement with World powers, like the WHO, UN, Interpol and a slew of others, it is clear that we are letting our sovereignty slip a way from under our noses and we have not a word to say about it.

So, to answer your original inquiry, given the direction we are taking, I simply find our world less and less desirable to live in. If we continue on this path we're on, I don't want to be a part of this world 5 years from now, much less 10 or 20. Now, if you were born in the 80's or even 90's, then you have always been a part of todays world so you have no frame of reference. The pervert liberals had already infiltrated our schools, the kids were already sissies and had to have their "feelings" pandered to, sodomy was already becoming an acceptable "life style", respect for adults and elders had already pretty much gone by the wayside, etc, etc. But us older coots can remember a much nicer America. It was never perfect but it was, without a doubt, far better than it is today and I see no evidence that we will every recover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join