It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Brown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I dreamt last night that I found out on the news he passed away, and I turned to my roommate and said: well with Ray Charles gone, I guess one more highly-talented old-time African-American entertainer is next on the list to make The Law Of Three. The dream was very straighforward with no bizarre elements--like looking into a window in time--which is more indicative of a precognitive dream for me.

I hope James Brown does not die, because he is the Godfather Of Soul after all. I'm open to the possibility that this dream is symbolic about losing my own soul in some sense.

But I always wanted a forum to record my predictions with a "time-stamp" and everything just in case they came true I'd have some proof. Though I realize that he is getting on in years anyway so if he passes away a year from now or even in six months that really doesn't validate this prediction.

It is always better really if nobody passed away, of course. Maybe by recording this here, it will change the future somehow & not really happen.

And I haven't had a straightforward precog "direct hit" of this magnitude for a while...so if this really happens God forbid I'm probably going to get really creeped out & upset.

It probably won't happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
People that die in your dream, don't die in real life. Death in a dream usually means some sort of change in real life, but not death in real life. If that was the case, I would be practically the only surviving member of my family, because I've dreamt too many times of almost all my relatives and lots of my friends dying in my dream.

The only one who actually died was my grandfather, and that was lots of years after I had a dream of him dieing. And I have a cousin who was one of the rare ones that I never dreamt that she died. She died a few years ago. I've actually dreamt sometimes that she came back from the dead and is alive again...

Btw: I started having these death dreams in my mid-teens, about ten years ago. And now I remember I even dreamt about myself dying a few times...

[edit on 18-6-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I understand your point. Death in dreams usually means change or a new beginning of some sort. But I used to have dreams like this that actually came true the next day or within a week many many times. Also would always dream of a person getting fired from my job the day before they were fired (including myself once).

However, I haven't had dreams like that in a while (mostly because I had enough), so there is a good possibility that this dream is symbolic. I have recently taken a more "corporate" (tho I am a bit of a goof sometimes so what I consider corporate others would consider normal) job lately, so maybe this dream symbolizes the "death of my Soul." But that interpretation is pretty depressing, too!

ok, how soon until ATS bumps his to the dream forum in BTS?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I understand your point. Death in dreams usually means change or a new beginning of some sort. But I used to have dreams like this that actually came true the next day or within a week many many times. Also would always dream of a person getting fired from my job the day before they were fired (including myself once).

However, I haven't had dreams like that in a while (mostly because I had enough), so there is a good possibility that this dream is symbolic. I have recently taken a more "corporate" (tho I am a bit of a goof sometimes so what I consider corporate others would consider normal) job lately, so maybe this dream symbolizes the "death of my Soul." But that interpretation is pretty depressing, too!

ok, how soon until ATS bumps this to the dream forum in BTS?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I double-posted like a total spaz...
sorry!

top topics

join