It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Low-level Bush propagandist' calls for Wikileaks founder to be kidnapped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

'Low-level Bush propagandist' calls for Wikileaks founder to be kidnapped

rawstory.com

Should the founder of one of the world's most important Web sites be spirited away from his home country by the U.S. military? That's what one so-called "low-level Bush propagandist" advocated on behalf of in Monday's Washington Post.

Marc Thiessen, a former Bush speechwriter, claimed in a Post op-ed that because Wikileaks has published classified information, they should be considered in violation of the espionage act and taken down using "military assets," even if that means kidnapping foun
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
He writes:

Assange is a non-U.S. citizen operating outside the territory of the United States. This means the government has a wide range of options for dealing with him. It can employ not only law enforcement but also intelligence and military assets to bring Assange to justice and put his criminal syndicate out of business.

The first step is for the Justice Department to indict Assange. Such an indictment could be sealed to prevent him from knowing that the United States is seeking his arrest. The United States should then work with its international law enforcement partners to apprehend and extradite him.

Assange seems to believe, incorrectly, that he is immune to arrest so long as he stays outside the United States. He leads a nomadic existence, operating in countries such as Sweden, Belgium and Iceland, where he believes he enjoys the protection of "beneficial laws." (He recently worked with the Icelandic parliament to pass legislation effectively making the country a haven for WikiLeaks). The United States should make clear that it will not tolerate any country -- and particularly NATO allies such as Belgium and Iceland -- providing safe haven for criminals who put the lives of NATO forces at risk.

With appropriate diplomatic pressure, these governments may cooperate in bringing Assange to justice. But if they refuse, the United States can arrest Assange on their territory without their knowledge or approval.

Although Mr. Thiessen's comments are appalling and scary to say the least, I think it's all for show. If I had to guess, Assange and his Wikileaks operation are only a tool of TPTB, whether Assange knows it or not, though I suspect he does.

We will probably see more demonizing of Assange in an effort to make him seem more credible. I would suggest that any information coming out of Wikileaks, be taken with a grain of salt. I suspect that we will only hear more Assange slamming in the future, without anything really being done about it.

--airspoon

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've got a feeling assange has one hell of an insurance policy (documents that could bring America to it's knees maybe... speculation on my part) if they wanted the guy they could have him in less than 48 hours but if he's got something massive on the government then there's nothing to stop a wiki leaks associate spreading the "good news" in the event assange goes missing. or he's completely bonkers!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
hmmmm
the CIA abducting one of it's own assets
all for show. Stay tuned for next week's episode
where Assange makes his rebuttal from a web cam
in New Zealand.

They ought to call this the CIA-Soap-Opera.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Just goes to my theory about the two factions of TPTB. One helped him (CFR...Obama aligned) and the other is piss (neocon/Zionists...Bush/Cheney aligned). One wants the Afghanistan/Iraq/Iran/Syria/Israel stuff stopped. The other doesn't.

Whether or not the CIA was involved in helping get this out there? Probably. And the CIA is probably also involved in stopping it...because see, factions of the CIA align with factions of TPTB.

It'd be so cool if we had clearer scorecard, but you can get a pretty good idea by the media and people...who says what and how...as to who is with which faction. This includes the current administration. It's just harder to tell with the CIA...them being so clandestine and all.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hmm... maybe it is time I rehash my old theory about the three (and now possibly four) major factions in human interactions that have been playing some twisted form or Chess or Go with humans for centuries now. Seems so much more obvious these days.

Honestly, though, given the way this has played out so far, I don't think the CIA would touch him since he is specifically slamming the DOD and not the CIA. I view the intelligence arm as the fourth branch of government. It operates on it's own with no regard for law and/or democratic principles.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I know you have run that theory by before, but without detail. I would be interested to hear it in detail. You should start a thread about it, if you haven't already.

--airspoon

reply to post by danielhanson420

I doubt any "insurance" could save you from TPTB. All they would have to do is either ignore the information or discredit it. They do have the media wrapped around their little finger. The American population would buy anything hook, line and sinker with out so much as the slightest hesitation.

So in affect, if they really wanted Assange, they would have him and any insurance wouldn't really matter, IMO. He could have a videotaped confession from Bush himself and it really wouldn't matter, as people wouldn't believe it if it was staring them in the face.

--airspoon

[edit on 3-8-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
this statement shows that usa is no land of the free and home of the brave.

the us govt is not brave and truthful . it rules by lies and deceit

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Working on it...thanks for the feedback, airspoon.

It's very interesting to watch but a bit harder to quantify. Liz Cheney was another example of a person being "aligned" who is speaking out.

Bloomberg and the WSJ have interesting slants on the articles re: WikiLeaks too.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
hmmmm
the CIA abducting one of it's own assets
all for show. Stay tuned for next week's episode
where Assange makes his rebuttal from a web cam
in New Zealand.

They ought to call this the CIA-Soap-Opera.

I am glad someone else can see the truth

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join