It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Channels, Guides and ’self-proclaimed’ Psychic Ability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"I've been coming to this site for years and love reading the various opinions on all sorts of topics. Many people give psychics a bad name and for the most part, the 'psychics' don't do too bad at defaming themselves when given enough rope to hang themselves, but I thought I'd post a piece a wrote on the topic very recently to gauge thoughts. Let er' rip... I have no bias."
~Christopher Corry

Since I have had the extraordinary privilege to grow up with one of the best psychics in the world, I have had plenty of time to learn as an intuitive, researcher and investigator from my mother, Mary Occhino’s amazing gift.

I have learned to see things for what they are… No more, no less and make choices based on the truth presented to me in ‘real time’.

I am unbiased, objective and clear in my thought processes… (And when it comes to family or loved ones… I can only try my best. )

Very often I will meet people who claim to have ‘profound’ psychic abilities and/or ‘powerful guides’ and I marvel at their cognitive processes.

How does one begin to claim that they have a sixth sense or clairvoyancy or whatever…y, when they do not have a scientific process to base their ability?

The first questions that run through my mind after such elaborate and profound proclaimations are as follows:

Who are these guides and how were you able to validate their presence/existence and/or establish their motive/goal? Secondly, what is the scientific process that governs your understanding of these guides and finally…

What are their intentions?

I don’t take peoples ‘gifts’ as a given… ever. The way I see it, in order to be ‘great’ at any one thing, you have to be able to stand the test of time and have your ‘gift’ validated a few… THOUSAND times.

I’ve seen my mother undergo triple blind studies conducted by scientists for years and understand the blood, sweat and tears that goes into her passion and life calling. And as a scientist I needed to understand her empirical formula… Only in this way I was able to take her gifts in stride. (On occasion… )

Whenever I correspond with a fledging psychic or channel or guide, I always ask the ‘psychic’ not to take offense and state that I’m not cornering them…

“I’m just trying to understand.”

This is what I do… I challenge. I never accept ones words based on the fact that they simply articulated or typed a statement.

My ultimate goal is to help people think for and trust themselves over all.

That said, I will NEVER push, promote or pontificate on ANY ‘Guides’, ‘Channels’, ‘Psychics’, etc., until I have been able to answer all of my questions listed above. Even then… I always trust me first. A ‘psychic’ can be as accurate as anyone, but they make NO impact on you and yours unless you ascribe to their predictions.

The choice always remains ours…

Namaste~
Chris

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I learned a great deal about the scientific evidence for such phenomena by reading Lynne McTaggert's books, The Field, and The Intention Experiment.

Such effects are likely related to the quantum effect called entanglement, and manifest through the zero point field in an interplay of consciousness and the field.

Thank you for your post, and if you want a deeper look into what we can do and where we might go, please read my post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I am a scientist as well and psychic ability runs in my Mom's family whom are of Native American descent.

We have always accepted it as for what it was, a gift.

I have never really pursued my abilities, and have been told by more than one psychic that I have the gift.

I think that we all have this ability, some moreso than others but as with Children, we lose it as we age and are forced by society to not believe it exists.

My interest in science rekindled my interest in psychic ability. I used to tinker with radios as a kid and after studying physics and electromagnetism and having experimented with telepathy on my own.

I began to realize that even though you can't see electricity it IS there. Which really opened my eyes to the unknown.

It is a known scientific fact that we only use a small percentage of our Brain. So what is the other used for ?

I have concluded that our brains which are electrical in nature are merely able to transmit our thoughts in the same manner in which a radio does.

In the past I have even used my gift to train my Dogs which I have concluded are very telepathic.

What is really funny is the looks on their faces when they realize you are communicating with them telepathically !

I do enjoy Mary's program. No offense, but I do wish it had a tad more about her and her and her abilities though which is really why I watch her program.

Namaste

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tapped In

I gave it a little more thought after having re read your post OP.

First of all, even though I am Male, I do find a higher incidence of Women having these abilities than Men.

My Hypothesis is that it is possibly a natural protection measure. Since Women are child bearers and are to sustain the species, they are also gifted with this 6th sense to aid in protecting their young.

As far as spirit guides are concerned.

The Native Americans say that our spirit guides are our deceased relatives.

I believe this because I have had prophetic dreams that have warned me of danger throughout my life.

I was just recently watching a ghost story program and one of the subjects portrayed in the program described her being forwarned of a fire in the Hotel room in which she was staying by the visitation of a Ghost of one of her deceased relatives.

Which goes to somewhat prove what the Native Americans have said about this....

After having witnessed the apparition, She left the room exchanging it for another when the fire alarms went off.

The next day learning that the room that she had previously been occupying had been engulfed in a fire.

The spiritual realm from a scientific perspective is part of the electromagnetic frequency spectrum.

Which is also why ghost activity can be located by the use of an electro- magnetic frequency meter/detector.

In retrospect, I know that everything happens in our lives for a reason.

My having studied electrical engineering was meant to enlighten me as to the connection between modern electricity and the spiritual realm in which I am so fortunately gifted.

What an interesting world we live in .... and yet so much is not yet understood.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Thanks for the feedback... I agree with much of what you said.

btw - I don't do the editing...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

It is a known scientific fact that we only use a small percentage of our Brain. So what is the other used for ?

No. It is a known scientific fact that we use our entire brain, only not all at once:

Brain imaging research techniques such as PET scans (positron emission tomography) and fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) clearly show that the vast majority of the brain does not lie fallow. Indeed, although certain minor functions may use only a small part of the brain at one time, any sufficiently complex set of activities or thought patterns will indeed use many parts of the brain. Just as people don't use all of their muscle groups at one time, they also don't use all of their brain at once. For any given activity, such as eating, watching television, making love, or reading, you may use a few specific parts of your brain. Over the course of a whole day, however, just about all of the brain is used at one time or another.

www.snopes.com...

The 10% statement may have been started with a misquote of Albert Einstein or the misinterpretation of the work of Pierre Flourens in the 1800s. It may have been William James who wrote in 1908: "We are making use of only a small part of our possible mental and physical resources" (from The Energies of Men, p. 12). Perhaps it was the work of Karl Lashley in the 1920s and 1930s that started it. Lashley removed large areas of the cerebral cortex in rats and found that these animals could still relearn specific tasks. We now know that destruction of even small areas of the human brain can have devastating effects on behavior. That is one reason why neurosurgeons must carefully map the brain before removing brain tissue during operations for epilepsy or brain tumors: they want to make sure that essential areas of the brain are not damaged.

faculty.washington.edu...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by jeanvaljean]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

The real funny thing is this... "We don't know a thing about anything. Truth changes with the 'time'."

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well, I am no psychic but I can see things, hear things, feel things. I am both male and female within one body.

I agree, where are these "gifts" that suddenly possess a person; I only know I was born this way and there is no gift here.

I think about how many claim to 'channel'; I am sure Gabriel and Michael have more important things to do in Heaven than answer the phone! LOL

I also think alien channeling is demonic channeling; they do have time to pick up the phone and are more than willing to reverse the charges if you have membership! LOL

I am a Berdache or Twospirit. I am not Psychic. Perhaps one entails demonic possession, all I know is that I was born this way. I think the fundamental difference is that one path leads to witchcraft and one leads to shamanism. Which is which is a matter of interpretation and action.

top topics

join