It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Continue to Demonize Tea Party

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Senate candidate Rand Paul responds to DNC's latest smear tactic

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What the Democrats fail to recongnize is that the "Tea Party" represents middle-America, those individuals who have no strong affiliation with either party. Tea Partiers tend to be Independent, middle-class voters who espouse more conservative beliefs. Their continued braying and harping about the Tea Party will only alienate a HUGE voting bloc come November - despite their best effort to redefine the Tea Party. The only people buying the whole Tea Party are Neocons argument are the hardcore Democrat base. Other Independent Constitutionalists like me see right through this sad and sorry ruse. Their hubris and arrogance on the matter will prove to be a HUGE tactical error come November.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Shhhhh! You'll give it away. I want it to be a suprise. I want to see Pelosi's blood pressure squirt out her ears.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Demonizing the Tea Party by showing the GOP politicians who are Tea Party members?

Does the GOP think that's demonizing? Do they want to hide their affiliation with the Tea Party? I'm not getting it. And why bring out Rand Paul to deny it.. he's a huge Tea Party supporter and Republican..

This is the weirdest story so far today.

edit: Ok, I think I get it now. The DNC is saying the RNC controls the Tea Party but the RNC is saying the Tea Party controls them. I think...

[edit on 8/3/2010 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
What the Democrats fail to recongnize is that the "Tea Party" represents middle-America,

The tea party WANTS to be representitive of middle-america, home grown common sense. Unfortunately they are really just an arm of the republican party. Show me just one who will vote for a democrat. When it comes down to it, they will vote republican.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
As a Man living far away from your country and world picture, I ask you why do you like the Tea Party movement. I can tell you why I don't like it.

1. More conservative (is that possible?) then the republicans
2. Pro War in Irak and Afghanistan until they win. (who? How to win?!)
3. Anti-abortion (Oh yes, let the stupid kids have kids, no need for education)
4. Against homo marriage (okey, but why exactly?) -> Take a look at rome.
5. Pro++ to Sarah Palin (That's freaking insane!)
6. Some (or most) of tea party members seems to be rassists.
7. Less taxes but a richer country (how?!)
8. Less power for the state (what does this mean, no regulations?)
9. No amnesties for illegal immigrants (What about Human rights?)
10. No regulation for the free market and banks. (Outch! - plug em with $'s)

"purity test" - Yea sure! Purity test my a**!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hannity calls this demonizing? Oh the drama

Seems to me the GOP, if anyone, are the ones who maybe ought to be more upset. After all, Rand Paul does have an R behind his name. That R is probably going to mislead or confuse some number of people,

Aren't most Tea Party candidates running with the R?

Or are some using the I?

Any using a D?

I want more Ls!!!

Is there a list?

The ad is actually doing a public service by bringing awareness to the fray. The Tea Party should be glad for the free advertisement.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm an independant conservative and I have voted for R, I, D canidates in the past. I never party vote (I can't anyway, I'm a registered independant and therefore have nor real party to vote for). I was once told that I was pretty much Libertarian back when it was a bad word, however that isn't really true either. I run the spectrum about how I feel, but I'm more conservative than not, especially for government and (private) businesses.

Anyway, I'm supposed to be who the Tea Party represents, but as much as I hate to admit, it seems that the TPM is really controlled by Republicans and whether it was intentional or not seems to be a way for people to feel that its OK to vote Republican, but because you are part of the TPM you are still against 'business as usual'.

I also consider both Palin and Pelosi as loons out for power.

If the Tea Party Movement truly wants to represent me, then they must cast off the shackles of both parties and simply speak for the major issues that I have and not let spokemen that the part of the problem (Republicans, but Dems are also part of the problem) tell me what I want.

It seems that the TPM may have started out as an independant movement, but it is now dependant on the very system that the movement set out to change.

Edit: fixed some wording.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Zaxxon]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
Senate candidate Rand Paul responds to DNC's latest smear tactic

www.liveleak.com...

I think the Tea Party has done a good job demonizing itself actually. Once the Neo-cons got their filthy hands on it, it was all down hill from there.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Procession101]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
As a Man living far away from your country and world picture, I ask you why do you like the Tea Party movement. I can tell you why I don't like it.

1. More conservative (is that possible?) then the republicans
2. Pro War in Irak and Afghanistan until they win. (who? How to win?!)
3. Anti-abortion (Oh yes, let the stupid kids have kids, no need for education)
4. Against homo marriage (okey, but why exactly?) -> Take a look at rome.
5. Pro++ to Sarah Palin (That's freaking insane!)
6. Some (or most) of tea party members seems to be rassists.
7. Less taxes but a richer country (how?!)
8. Less power for the state (what does this mean, no regulations?)
9. No amnesties for illegal immigrants (What about Human rights?)
10. No regulation for the free market and banks. (Outch! - plug em with $'s)

"purity test" - Yea sure! Purity test my a**!

The ATS motto is "Deny Ignorance" so here goes.

1. There are some liberal Republicans out there, and TEA Party candidates do need to take them out.
3. Murdering unborn babies is not cool...it's just evil.
6. Racism is no longer a bad thing, it's now just an accusation thrown by unintelligent people incapable of debate.
7. Name one country that has even taxed itself into prosperity.
9. People should never benefit by breaking the law.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Seems to me its more trying to demonize the GOP by associating it with the Tea Party. Tea Party supporters tend to be the most conservative elements of society and thus Republican be default. Since the more radical elements in both parties are the least appealing to the majority of the country in the center both sides try and distance themselves from them while the other side trys to paint the entire party as being like them. The Tea party is nice attack dog for the GOP but it keeps doing stupid things. Its says its wants smaller Gov but everytime it says what it would cut it gets push back from the other tea baggers and the general public and then retracts it. If the DNC could tie the GOP to those in the Tea Party that want to cut Social Security and Medicate it would drive away the old people who do most of the voting.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Truth is you don't like the MSM version of the Tea Party, the one that's been hijacked by the republicans.

The real Tea Party, the one that was pure grass roots libertarian is very dissimilar to your observations.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

The ATS motto is "Deny Ignorance" so here goes.

1. There are some liberal Republicans out there, and TEA Party candidates do need to take them out.
3. Murdering unborn babies is not cool...it's just evil.
6. Racism is no longer a bad thing, it's now just an accusation thrown by unintelligent people incapable of debate.
7. Name one country that has even taxed itself into prosperity.
9. People should never benefit by breaking the law.

Okey.

1. So they let them in the team party to look less radical?
3. So if you Fap, you kill 20'000'000 babies?
6. Are you sure, or do you find just one Tea Party member that voted for Obama?
7. Greece, Spain, GB and about 20 other countries? Do you know just one country on this *SNIP* up planet without debts? (it's the damn system.)
9. If you have the choice to brake a law or to die - this will change your perspetive drastically.

Thanks anyway for get me serious.

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Aug 3 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

What the Democrats fail to recongnize is that the "Tea Party" represents middle-America,

The tea party WANTS to be representitive of middle-america, home grown common sense. Unfortunately they are really just an arm of the republican party. Show me just one who will vote for a democrat. When it comes down to it, they will vote republican.

Are you a paid Democrat operative or just and unwitting shill??? I am a Tea Partier and I'm not planning on voting for either Republicans OR Democats come November.

Again, if you weren't such a blind partisan whose opinions come from the Democrats daily talking points, you would be aware of few FACTS. Like fact number 1, the Tea Party IS an INDEPENDANT movement that the Republicans have tried to co-opt! Second fact is that the polls continue to show that the Tea Partiers continue to remain largely INDEPENDANT!

Just stop with the two-party nonsense and wake up - PLEASE!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

the Tea Party IS an INDEPENDANT movement that the Republicans have tried to co-opt! Second fact is that the polls continue to show that the Tea Partiers continue to remain largely INDEPENDANT!

I just don't get this. If the Republicans are trying to co-opt the Tea Party (which I agree with completely), why are the Tea Partiers going along with it so readily? Every Tea Party event I see advertised features a Republican speaker. Why don't the organizers enlist independent speakers and promote independent candidates?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just the fact that this group calls them self "Tea-Party" is a bottomless insolence!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

the Tea Party IS an INDEPENDANT movement that the Republicans have tried to co-opt! Second fact is that the polls continue to show that the Tea Partiers continue to remain largely INDEPENDANT!

I just don't get this. If the Republicans are trying to co-opt the Tea Party (which I agree with completely), why are the Tea Partiers going along with it so readily? Every Tea Party event I see advertised features a Republican speaker. Why don't the organizers enlist independent speakers and promote independent candidates?

ALL excellent points deserving a response, which I will attempt to provide - to the best of my ability. For starters, the Tea Partiers are not necessarily going along with it. There has been a fracturing of the movement - with some embracing Republican involvement and other groups, like my group in Cleveland, shunning any and all establishment candidates.

I believe part of the reason you are of the opinion that every Tea Party event you see is headlined by a Republican is purely by design of the MSM and the Democrats. They NEED to create the impression that the Tea Party is something that it is not. In conjunction, Tea Partiers are more apt to use non-traditional media for their news - a bad omen for the establishment media. Collectively they are working to erode the power of the movement in order for them to retain their monopoly.

My chapter has had everything from moderate Democrats, moderate Republicans, Libertarians and Independants. They have also gone on the attack against any and all establishment politicians.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

My chapter has had everything from moderate Democrats, moderate Republicans, Libertarians and Independants. They have also gone on the attack against any and all establishment politicians.

I've got to say I'm glad to hear that. I originally wanted to get involved in the Tea Party movement myself but my local group aligned with republicans and radio talk show hosts that made their agenda very clear. I went to their first event and it was nothing but an anti-obama rally, and this was in 2008. Nothing has changed since that I can tell.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Just the fact that this group calls them self "Tea-Party" is a bottomless insolence!

It's called the Tea Party because in 2007, there was a money-bomb for Ron Paul on the anniversary of the Original Boston Tea Party. That was the first one. It was for libertarian ideals and concerns. It has since been bastardized by the GOP, and illegitimized by the DNC.

Its inception held about 20%L, 30%R, 30%I, 20%D. It's basically 95%R now. sad.
But that's what this country is great at; self-deteriorating propaganda.

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Arcane Demesne]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Are you a paid Democrat operative or just and unwitting shill??? I am a Tea Partier and I'm not planning on voting for either Republicans OR Democats come November.

When it comes down to it...I'll bet you vote republican. And the reason will be "We have to keep the Dems out of power".

Standard republican voting ploy:

Far away from the election: "I'm an independent...I don't vote for parties...I'm a third party guy"

Close to the election: "I have studied the candidates deeply...and this dem candidate will DESTROY our country, so it is my duty to protect the country from him and vote for the main opponenet...the republican".

the Tea Party IS an INDEPENDANT movement that the Republicans have tried to co-opt!

The current day Tea Party IS a wing of the republican party. Most of them probably have no idea who Ron Paul is...but they love them some Palin.

Keep telling yourself lies...then go vote for your republican like a good boy...you know...to protect the country from Liberals.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join