It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash Cam; Cop Tased Teen On Bike Then Runs Over Him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
[edit on 3-8-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

Reconer,
You keep talking about the actions of the kid, the butterfly effect and all that,
do the same for the actions of Mr Roscoe as well.
Bike= top speed what 15 20 mph at full pump.
Cruiser= 0 to 60 in what 6/7 seconds.

Basically what we have here is the merge of 2, yes two people making bad choices.

Roscoe could have followed him like Lassie, all the way to when his little midnight gangsta legs couldnt peddle anymore, could have called for assistance PRIOR to running his prey over.
Oh you wont get an argument from me that in a perfect world he'd have been home in bed tucked in by mommy who just got done admiring his straight A report card, but, perfect world its not.
Too many horses under the hood for Roscoe.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
when the times comes and there is no law we are the law will you use a taser? or will you use a gun? think of it this way one can recover form a gun shot wound , one can not be brought back from the dead tasers kill by shorting out the nervous system to the brain and heart, and yes some law breakers do deserve to die, no courts, no jury, this is why i am not in law enforcement, had the chance turned it down. we were not there if the cop did wrong he will get his if not he will be on the job.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thats it Happy, all they see is the kid, THE KID, doing wrong; when the LEO did nothing wrong huh?
Hope someday theyll get the same they give to others.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juanxlink
Thats it Happy, all they see is the kid, THE KID, doing wrong; when the LEO did nothing wrong huh?
Hope someday theyll get the same they give to others.

And that is the attitude that prevents society from advancing any further. It is sad to see, but an ability to wish the exact same or worse to someone...where are you any better, then..?

I appears that the LEO did not expect the "cyclist" to fall where he did. This doesn't present much time to react when turning into the parking lot.

The goal of this leo was not to kill the kid. If it was, he would have just shot him.

The taser was used as a compliance tool. The taser didn't kill him, the car did. Should we take their cars away too?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

My best friend, for 30 years is LEO, I myself, couldnt do the job so I dont.
I have no patience for the true bad guy, and too big of a soft spot for the common individual to do the "job" like the botherhood wants done.
There ARE really good police on the job, but more and more these new guns are just so predisposed to first response as violent its scary.
Hand on taser as you approach every car is a little too much for me.
Everyone is guilty is the mindset anymore,
to truly be balanced and good at the job is becoming rare, the police went from neighborhood beat cop, patroling friendly cop, to military assault force in 2 generations.
It's pretty pathetic when you see it in the middle of mayberry rfd that deputy fife thinks he needs a taser, a 40 cal, a 12 ga, his AR, cert training, sniper school, flash bangs, all to "control" maybe 1,200 residents!
It's ridiculous.
Now apply that to an urban setting where populations soar,
its an army, and the potential chaos and disaster scenarios leap expotentially.
In this case wannabe gangsta bike boy would have driven off into the night and gone home, see him another day.
IF it would have involved gunplay then yes, I probably would have run him over as well, after I tazed him, then shot him, then backed up over him.
That is why I'm not a cop.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Oh now that's a little extreme to say it's the reason society wont advance.
There are more reasons than that as to why the collective mind of western man behaves and believes the way it does.
Authoritarian Theocratic greed coupled with corrupt financial and governmental lack would top my list.
Juan "is" right when he says that you just cant mention the actions of the kid alone.
I could be a cold hearted prick and say they both should have died that night for being stupid, but I wont.
Roscoe was surrounded by metal and air bags,
a bike VS car
We have a winner!
So what IF "the kid" made it home that night, decided enough was enough, straightened himself out, made something of his life, maybe even helped the entire planet by inventing something or curing something.
We'll never know, because Roscoe couldnt come down from his pursuit high, he HAD to get em'.
Dumb kid? yep.
Dumb Roscoe? (am i gonna get in trouble when I say YEP?) YEP

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconer

My Dad was a cop for thirty years, and I have seen it all. MANY, but of course not ALL cops carry a ' THROWDOWN ' which is a weapon used to get out of a bad shooting or other scene where the cop screws up but does not want to admit the truth and accept the consequences of their actions. It is all about being above the law.

There are numerous documented cases of cops getting caught and admitting they planted evidence on the innocent or used a throwdown to get away with murder. The LA scandal over the Ramparts gang of cops who kill and plant cost the taxpayers millions, and cops admitted that they shot and killed, as well as crippled, innocent men and planted drugs and weapons to back up their lie.

Cops feel that they should not be judged for anything they do, and should be allowed to kill at will and not be held responsible.

To the poster above who thinks that cops do not violate the laws, read the Dept. of Justice webwiste that lists the convictions they get every month for criminal cops; it will open your eyes. Running from the cops in some cases is the only way to avoid being murdered or set up by the thug criminal police, and it is no wonder that ghetto folks are scared to death of the cops...they are just another gang.

It staggers the sound mind to realize that the cop groupies out there pay no attention to the documented abuses that cops commit every day in this nation. Few are discovered, and fewer prosecuted. A cop has to get caught red handed and on film before a DA will take action...it is a sick system.

Cops cannot be trusted, they lie constantly, abuse their authority, and use excess force and many other illegal means to get their kicks. ALL cops should be filmed and audio recorded at all times while on duty, so their actions can be documented. Of COURSE the cops all HATE that idea, as they need anonimity to get away with their crimes against the People.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Look...out on the streets its a different animal. In the academy we need 3 things to shoot someone or use deadly force (whatever means that may be). The bad guy must have the Capability to harm you or someone else, the Opprotunity, and be placing you in Jeprody of your life or someone elses life. Then and only then can you use lethal force only in defense of yourself or another...same law applies to the public...only difference is you dont go out looking for the bad guys like we do so your not put in the position.

We used non lethal means like the taser because its either pepper spray someone and risk being exposed yourself (depending on wind) and getting hurt or attacked. Batton...come on...dude I really dont want to have to be beating on a guy breaking bones and causing trama cause he is so cracked out he doesnt know what he was doing. Physical contact...hands on approach is a last resort unless you have other officers cause he has to much of a chance of getting your gun...statistics show once a suspect has your gun...9 times out of 10 they shoot you with it. Taser hurts, locks your body up for approximately 5 second 'rides' and does not harm you a bit except two small pin pricks in your skin...and you wonder why officers use them.

Had mine for over a year now and not used it once...pull my gun alot...never used any of it thank goodness...hope i never do.

As for "defending" the officer...well...really what is to defend? He should have had better observation skills and focused on him....I think he was trying to rush up there cause he only had approximately those 5 seconds of "lock up" time with the taser so he was hurrying back to cuff the kid up before he could get up and get away again.

There are still lots of questions that if answered could make all the difference in the world. Was the kid under the influance of drugs or alcohol...? I bet they never took a blood sample maybe...well maybe they did...have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

I've rang in on a few threads, where a person was tased or abused by law enforcement.
Obviously, I don't support wrongful use or abuse by leo's. I used to be one.

From what I've observed, I see people screaming how the leo was out of order. Sure, that's great. You have the rights to.

So by replying to societies non advance, I reply to seeing something scary in multiple threads by general members of society.

For example, man in a ballpark was tased for sitting in the wrong seat, and not being compliant. Yes, misuse of a taser.

But to read people saying " the crowd around should have beat the cops into a pile of mush" and it receiving more stars than the original post, is not different than wishing this cop be run over by a car as well, because he didn't react properly.

This thinking is even more harmful and scary than the leo's here and there, abusing their power. That was my reply. Please forgive my articulation.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Demoncreeper]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join