It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by TheOrphic

Lets put this in the same frame you have been. You misinterpreted my remarks. I don't want to destroy your government, or people. Just your religion.

That is pretty much what you have been saying about Isreal right. You don't want to destroy the people or religion, just their way of life.

Funny when the the shoe is on the other foot huh.

Nope, I want the regime to change, the people and their way of life I have no problem with, you think Israelis like being at war with Palestinians for over 60 years? Of course not, this is a two way street, nobody likes war.

link   
reply to post by russ212

This is what you said,

"The entire Islam nation nation needs to be nuked till they glow and shot in the dark"

Sounds pretty violent to me !!!!!

link   

This image shows how, probably, everything started - Israeli soldiers tears down a tree

Lebanese soldiers stationed near by were sure the Israeli soldiers were crossing the border and entering Lebanon, so they warned them by shooting in the air, and later directly at the soldiers, "kill shots" as described in Sky News. An RPG missile was shot at an Israeli tank.
Israeli soldiers returned fire. Israeli armor shot at the Lebanese soldiers, and apparently also attacked from the air.
This is an image of a destroyed Lebanese APC.

3 Lebanese soldiers and one journalist were killed as a result.
This is a photo of one of the dead Lebanese soldiers.

A photo of an injured Lebanese soldier.

Two Lebanese soldiers, one of whom is holding an armed RPG launcher, similar to the one that was used to shoot at an Israeli tank today.

Injured Lebanese soldier.

Said destroyed APC.

No matter whos fault it is my heart goes out to the killed soldiers and their families.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Again, think before you speak. That was not about any countries that started a war. It was a reference to the Nazi soldiers saying that they commited the atrocities they did because they were following orders and defending their country.

You made the statement that you are only trying to defend your country. I was simply demonstrating what "defending your country" can become. And yes Iran has been in multiple wars in the past hundred years.

How about the war with Iraq in the 80's. They have been involved in the two battles with Isreal, 1 in which it is clear beyond a shadow of doubt that they were on the side of the agressors. They also fund terrorist world wide.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

But by engaging Orphic in constructive dialogue, we could all learn something new here. We need to be engaging with people from within the news making countries to further our understanding of the situation so we are better able to discern fact from fiction when the mainstream media distorts it.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I could not agree more. It is just difficult to understand their frame of mind, and to express ours to them. We don't only speak in a different language, we think in one as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Again, think before you speak. That was not about any countries that started a war. It was a reference to the Nazi soldiers saying that they commited the atrocities they did because they were following orders and defending their country.

You made the statement that you are only trying to defend your country. I was simply demonstrating what "defending your country" can become. And yes Iran has been in multiple wars in the past hundred years.

How about the war with Iraq in the 80's. They have been involved in the two battles with Isreal, 1 in which it is clear beyond a shadow of doubt that they were on the side of the agressors. They also fund terrorist world wide.

But that's the thing you don't get, I would NOT commit atrocities for my country, saying I'm fighting for my country does not mean I would follow under a dictator's banner.

And by the way, I said STARTED, not participated in. Iraq invaded Iran, not the contrary.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Yes it is pretty violent. But no more violent than Iran stating they would use nukes on Isreal.

I want a regime change in all Islam countries. They need a system of government that is not run by their religion. They need to be more objective, and more receptive to outside influences.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

What, does that mean you think you are smarter??

With quotes like, "one jewish fingernail is worth a million Arabs"

Absolutely sickening......

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I think the majority want a regime change in Israel too

link   
I don't care what anyone says, this just ratcheted up tensions over in that region a good few levels.

As we can see a ceasefire has been put in place but you can be your bottom dollar in the next few days there will be some more incidents, be it rockets or air-strikes.

link   
reply to post by Ben81

In that dream I was going to see some kind of olympics, and had been invited to participate. The reasons of the return was... unclear. BTW, the views were magnificent! Most likely from southern Turkey!

I want to visit that part of the world, but not under gunfire!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Iran has a long history of aggression.. in the 70's they attempted foment rebellion in Iraq and made preperations to invade Iraq.. they were beat to the punch by Iraq though and a bloody filled war ensued for 8 years (beginning in 1980)

More recently: 2007
Iranian Revolutionary Guards have invaded and seized almost all meaningful control of the strategic Masandam Peninsula in Oman - a peninsula that covers the Southern mouth of the Straight of Hormuz. Controling this peninsula solidifies Irans complete control of the straight. The North chokepoint has long been Irans; the South chokepoint has long been Omans. They are now both Irans.

And Oman, terrified of the direct confrontation with Iran that our military has planned and suggested, has decided to do nothing.

not sure where you are going with your question.. Some try to paint Iran as a quiet peace loving country that has no plans for taking over any country.. all one needs do is listen to thier leadership call for the complete destruction of Isreal, USA and any other country that aligns itself with Isreal.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

No that means, that I am trying to make a point, that you are clearly not getting. I don't want to see anyone harmed, or war in any place. But, the Islam nation and nations, that control the whole of the middle east except for the tiny area of Isreal need to back off and let the baby have it's bottle. What does it really hurt them for Isreal to be there

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You really AMAZE me. Thats all I have to say. To think that people are willing to listen to people that support Osama Bin Laden and make the war mongering remarks like that. Then try your best to defend them.

Ahmadinejad supports Bin Laden, does he? Could have fooled me.

In fact, Bin Laden, if that fellow is still alive, hates Shias, him being an extremist Sunni who sees Shias as non-Muslims for not accepting the Sunni-designated successor Caliph to the Prophet Muhummad.

Al Zarqawi killed Shias in Iraq because of it.

Ahmadinejad is a Shia, who sees the figure of Ali as being the next important person in Islam after the Prophet Muhammad.

Iran and the Taliban, for example, nearly went to war in the late 90's because the Taliban murdered Iranian diplomats in Afghanistan.

After the September 11th 2001 attacks, Iran arrested Al Qaeda suspects coming over from Afghanistan into Iran and handed them over to the US.

Iran's Supreme Leader, Grand Ayatollah Khamenei, wrote a letter to the US offering help in the fight against Al Qaeda, and to talk to resolve differences.

Instead, George W Bush made the "Axis of Evil" speech.

Iran's open hand was cast aside by Bush's verbalised fist.

Iran is currently fighting an organisation called Jundallah who are extremist Sunni (like Al Qaeda).

They blow things up, kill Iranians worshipping in their mosque.

So no, Ahmadinejad, for all his faults, is not a Bin Laden supporter. Indeed, they are mortal enemies.

You honestly make me a little sick to my stomach.

Kindly leave TheOrphic alone. You are very ill-informed, and you attacking TheOrphic's character at the same time is both unsavoury and merely embarrases yourself.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Because Israel is like you say, a baby...Problem is the baby is growing and Israel keeps taking more land to fit its growth..
When will it stop????

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Don't shoot outs and rocket firings happen on a weekly basis there? This is no news to me. Call me when either Turkey or Lebenon get sick of Israel and do a full blown invasion or Israel pulls out there nukes.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Iran has a long history of aggression.. in the 70's they attempted foment rebellion in Iraq and made preperations to invade Iraq.. they were beat to the punch by Iraq though and a bloody filled war ensued for 8 years (beginning in 1980)

More recently: 2007
Iranian Revolutionary Guards have invaded and seized almost all meaningful control of the strategic Masandam Peninsula in Oman - a peninsula that covers the Southern mouth of the Straight of Hormuz. Controling this peninsula solidifies Irans complete control of the straight. The North chokepoint has long been Irans; the South chokepoint has long been Omans. They are now both Irans.

And Oman, terrified of the direct confrontation with Iran that our military has planned and suggested, has decided to do nothing.

not sure where you are going with your question.. Some try to paint Iran as a quiet peace loving country that has no plans for taking over any country.. all one needs do is listen to thier leadership call for the complete destruction of Isreal, USA and any other country that aligns itself with Isreal.

I never said I supported the regime in Iran, any country that is run by sharia law is bad, but fortunately the only countries like that are Iran and Saudi Arabia, and maybe Yemen. Trust me I've spent my whole life in the middle east, and I detest the way the countries I listed treat their people, but that does NOT mean that all of Islam is bad, and should be nuked, like I said before, the extremists are in the minority, and a LOT of people in these countries I listed want a regime change, just like I want a change in Israel.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Regensturm

Irans link to Osama demonstrated in the following link

www.meforum.org...

And by the way I am not attacking his character, but the violence of his reliogion and country. If he is not capable of a logical debate, that is not my problem

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawaiinguy12
Don't shoot outs and rocket firings happen on a weekly basis there? This is no news to me. Call me when either Turkey or Lebenon get sick of Israel and do a full blown invasion or Israel pulls out there nukes.

An event like this on the Lebanese-Israeli border has not happened in 4 years.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join