It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I find it hilarious that you respond to my post but don't actually answer it...

I didn't mention Israel causing anything...
I just pointed out the problems with their idea of border security..

It causes confrontations which we are all certain Israel doesn't want.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by aeabdo11

I don't think many people here understand that the fence where the IDF were weeding and pruning are electrofied. As a Lebanese Christian yourself and since I have visited the northern parts of Israel, you agree that this summer has been hotter than recent years and there have been many fires of late. From what I'm gathering today on the Israeli side, there were in fact no cameras about to be installed, this was purely for trimming the long grass and PRUNING a tree, NOT chopping it down. Think what you wish but does this give the right of some LAF commander/sniper to kill an Israeli, kill anyone? When UNIFIL drew up the border lines between the two nations back in 2000, both sides agreed to hold their end of the bargain. The IDF were well within their lines and UNIFIL said so yesterday when Govt officials from Israel & Lebanon met up at the border for a meeting with UNIFIL.

Are you aware that the LAF in southern Lebanon are Muslim? I just found out Hizbollah won't allow LAF Christians in to Hizbollah territory. Perhaps you could confirm this for us?

As for the assassination of PM Hariri Snr, it's been confirmed by reports I'm hearing however I've been chasing this story since the day your prime minister's father died. There have been numerous visits in the past few days of other leaders coming in to Lebanon to try and keep things calm but unconfirmed reports say Hizbollah is threatening hostility if higher ups within command of Hizbollah are arrested. Nasrallah will continue to try and brainwash the nation the Israelis did it, but over the border we know Nasrallah's hands are all over the assassination and so is Syria's Assad.

Israel does'nt need to provocate the Lebanese, Hizbollah is going to do that all by themselves if the investigation reports are made public, Nasrallah said so himself.

My guess is you are unaware of LAF's soldiers by day (Hizbollah by night) are constantly harrassing the IDF while they are out on patrol. This happens almost daily. How the hell do you think Hizbollah kidnapped Israeli soldiers in the past?

You know what I think? Your PM Hariri Jnr is in danger, if he falls like his father, Hizbollah WILL take over the reins of your nation and in turn the Lebanese Christians and other minorities will be in danger. Strangely as it sounds, I recall very clearly when Ariel Sharon was in power, one of the last conversations he had with PM Hariri Snr "do you want our help?". One of Sharon's fantasies was to turn Lebanon in to the first Christian nation in the ME.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Virgom,
I have tried to be polite... not really, but have held back..
I read your post, that you claim I didnt answer your question..
I read it 5 times, to make sure I wasn't missing some hidden code..
After reading it so many times I still can't find a question anywhere in it.
All I see are your accusations and opinions...

Are you asking me if I agree with you?
No I dont!! I do not think that Israel put the fence 5 meters away from the actual border....just to cause problems.. I actually think that view is that of a small minded individual.

I think that you will twist any story to fit your agenda. I also think arguing with you about this is getting nowhere....

Once we proved that they didnt cross the fence, you then jumped to the placement of the fence.

If it were me.. I would have left a 10 foot gap and built another fence.. Then I would have filled the "pen" with Hundreds of thousands of pigs!

I will ask again ... Have you connected Israel to the extinction of the Dinosaurs/Cancer/Small pox/ Global Warming yet?

Give it time.. I am sure youll find a loop hole in each of the "real" stories to prove Israel caused it all.

Ill bet you can crowbar Israel into the sinking of the SK ship also...
While your at it ... find a tie between the Gulf Oil disaster and Israel.. I am sure there is one.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I really wish we could have a thread concerning Israel and their neighbors for ONCE,where folks would discuss the matter in a civilised way,without calling for people to be killed,on either side.

But that is obviously too much to ask.

Does it occur to anyone that maybe this is the problem-that if people could sit down and discuss things without being racist,anti semitic,or war mongering,then perhaps the world would not be in the absolute mess that it is today?

Perhaps all colors and creeds could get along-as they do quite happily in many parts of the world.

I thank all members who have managed to avoid calling for wars to be started for their contibutions,but especially The Orphic,and jonny2410 for their on the ground insight into matters.

SS,moving on to anther thread,over and out.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

War and Peace both come at a price. You know that.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You are showing your ignorance in the subject. The border between the two countries is highly disputed no matter what angle you look at it. Israel stormed in while the civil war was going on and made their own rules in Lebanon simply because they had bigger guns. Lebanon was too busy trying to solve it's own problems to do anything. Then Israel refused to leave for 20 years after the violence ended...because they still had bigger guns. Now that that's over Lebanon knows where the border was and Israel claims it's somewhere else. It's up to you to decide who you believe. I really doubt that Israel would ever lie about something like that

Ever seen a kid cry to his mommy and tell on someone who did nothing and when she goes to comfort him he turns and gives an evil smirk? That's Israel/Lebanon for you. Problem for Israel is that the kids are getting older, and all that whining is getting on people's nerves.

THE AREA IS DISPUTED BUT THE TREE WAS ON THE LEBANESE SIDE OF THE FENCE THAT ISRAELIS BUILT. Trouble is the only thing IDF is after.

Not once did I say that Isreal crossed the border. This situation is far more complex than whether or not Isreal crossed the border. It isn't black and white.

Just because they didn't technically cross doesn't mean they did nothing wrong. Just because they didn't cross doesn't mean they weren't trying to egg on the situation. Just because they didn't cross doesn't mean they aren't scum.

I'll come over and take one of the trees from your backyard. Don't complain about trespassing, I'll be in the alleyway pulling it with a crane. We're cool right?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by aeabdo11

You are a funny guy!!!!

Look, until Lebanon and Israel conspire together and work out the EXACT border between the nations we have to rely on UNIFIL and stick with those bounderies UNIFIL gave them in 2000.

Agreed?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I will ask again ... Have you connected Israel to the extinction of the Dinosaurs/Cancer/Small pox/ Global Warming yet?

That question doesn't deserve an answer because it is plain stupid.

Now if you asked me about the "Liberty" I may have responded.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've been reading about this kind of "Armageddon" crap for years & years...Israel's wars, solar flares, NWO, The rapture, nuclear holocaust, Swine Flu, exploding ocean floors, UFO's, chip implants 2012, The Federal Reserve, North American Union...etc...etc...on and on and on !!!

Well steady yourselves 'cause here it comes...sorry to disappoint you doomsday watchers but...

NOTHING'S GONNA HAPPEN !!!!!!!!!!

Let's agree to revisit this Israeli /Lebanon issue in December.

Betcha' there will have been no World War III, no attack on Iran, no nuclear holocaust...nothing but a lot of "Ohhh...this could really be the end" talk, a lot of saber rattling and perhaps a few scud missiles launched between Israel and Lebanon...THAT"S ALL...NOTHING MORE.

If and WHEN it ever does I'll be the first one in line to kiss your doomsday loving butts in Macy's window !!!!!

But until then go back to bed. I repeat...NOTHING"S GONNA HAPPEN !!!!!!!!

See you guys in December...not that there will be anything of any HUGH significance to discuss.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

So you have been reading all that doomsday rubbish and going by your last remark you obviously believe in at least one of them. Me, I', not interested in any of them and I don't waste my time reading it either. I'm only interested in here and now and to hope this world is a better place for my children and grandchildren. This of course would come at a price and I'd much rather get it over and done with now so they don't have to spend their years cleaning up our mess.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiShyster

I have read the 9/11 commission, and I have heard what all of the people that believe it was caused by the American Government have had to say about it. I have been to many web sites, read what many engineers have to say about it, and to be honest, I believe the 9/11 commision more.

And you are quoting a country that states that the holocaust did not happen.

Really?!?

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
What the World Isn’t Being Told about the Israeli-Lebanese Border Incident

Despite the careful “he said … she said” approach of the mainstream news media about the clash along the Lebanese-Israeli border this week, events are quite clear: Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) were deliberately ambushed by Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF).

In an outdoor press conference held at a lookout point above the Lebanese border where the incident occurred, Ilan Diksteyn, the deputy commander of the Israeli brigade, explained what happened. The IDF had notified the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) of its intentions and complied with multiple requests to delay a routine job that should have started early in the morning and didn’t get going till midday.

According to Diksteyn, he had personally walked the border with the UNIFIL commander and identified all the trees and shrubs they intended to cut down, all approved of as being located on the Israeli side of the border by the UNIFIL commander. The key tree was some 200 meters from the Blue Line, so there was not the most remote possibility that Israel trespassed on Lebanese territory. The IDF even set out the crane without a man in it, just to demonstrate their intentions beforehand.

pajamasmedia.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
In an ideal media world which we once naively assumed existed, a story like this might fall under the radar of some media outlets, but be picked up by others because they would be all working independently and competing against each other. But in reality what happens is that important stories such as this one are routinely ignored by all branches of the MSM. Why? One might as well ask what is it about particular stories such as this one that the WH, the Democratic party, and the left in general would want to keep it under wraps, because the MSM of today are really only propaganda organs with no discernible independence from the left or from each other, and act as parts of single entity. The message or in this case the news black-out is being coordinated across the MSM to fulfill their assigned duty in pushing whatever radical, hard left political agenda the WH and Democrats deem appropriate for that day.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sifolux
What the World Isn’t Being Told about the Israeli-Lebanese Border Incident

Despite the careful “he said … she said” approach of the mainstream news media about the clash along the Lebanese-Israeli border this week, events are quite clear: Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) were deliberately ambushed by Lebanese Armed Forces (LAF).

In an outdoor press conference held at a lookout point above the Lebanese border where the incident occurred, Ilan Diksteyn, the deputy commander of the Israeli brigade, explained what happened. The IDF had notified the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) of its intentions and complied with multiple requests to delay a routine job that should have started early in the morning and didn’t get going till midday.

According to Diksteyn, he had personally walked the border with the UNIFIL commander and identified all the trees and shrubs they intended to cut down, all approved of as being located on the Israeli side of the border by the UNIFIL commander. The key tree was some 200 meters from the Blue Line, so there was not the most remote possibility that Israel trespassed on Lebanese territory. The IDF even set out the crane without a man in it, just to demonstrate their intentions beforehand.

pajamasmedia.com...

The piece is written by Richard Landes famous for decieving people with his writings. So lets be careful about anything he claims.

Nonetheless even if what he says is correct my own view is that this is one incident in a 60 year conflict involving deaths on a all sides.

I can recount numerous incidents where IDF have shot and killed unarmed civilians working in fields in West Bank. It's like they do it for fun or sport and nothing ever gets said or done about it.

It's the same thing but as it's the IDF doing the shooting it gets hushed up.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join