It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Keep us informed.

reply to post by TheOrphic

What channel are you watching? What's going on where you are?

Take care and be safe.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Dont have a go at me! I have not said any side is at fault mate.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
From what i can gather from reports and my brother Israel has put alot of air-power in the sky incase this all kicks off.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Well I hope they dont tap dance this time...Israel is going to wipe the sand with all of these little militaries..... Listen to yourselves.... You dont even know the full story and you have Israel at fault... How do YOU know what territory they were in?? Did the Lebanesse declare "WARNING SHOT" before firing?? You anti Israel water heads just need an excuse to spew your phlemy garbage... If someone shot a "warning shot" at me...In a hostile area.. I would ventilate his brain!!!Why is it, you expect proof and verification on EVERYTHING, unless it is against Israel? String up the zionists ...Before you get the truth!!! Pathetic... Bring it.. I know I just opend the door for a bunch of "facts" on how horrible the Israelis and Zionists are... All the war crimes ...all the crimes against humanity.. Bring it..I hope the Israelis play a game of catch with lebanon... With rockets and tanks!

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Mobius1974]

You disgust me, you talk about war as if it's a god damn game! Do you know what it's like being under attack? Especially when it's for no valid reason?

You say you want proof? We have all the proof we need. Like I said in my first post, they wanted to put in place a surveillance camera, and had to uproot the tree to do so. They were in Lebanese territory illegally. This isn't a one time thing either, they violate our air space daily. How do I know? I fricking live there and can hear them. Not too long ago, the Lebanese army discovered a spy that was working for the Israelis, he was tapping military conversations and sending the info to the IDF.
You want even MORE proof? Fine by me! This is something my grandma told me.During the 2006 war, she was on the phone with a friend, and started talking about the situation and ongoing conflict. At one point, she insulted them, something the IDF deserves tenfold. Guess what? She got cut off while in the middle of the conversation, "somebody" was tapping into her phone line, and "somebody" closed it.

Don't act as if they're innocent, cause they are far from being that.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Can anyone in Lebanon confirm that clashes are ongoing? Thats what i am hearing.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Man I hope this does not escalate.
Sounds like Israel are preparing for the possibility though.
Sky news now says two israeli soldiers have been seriously injured,and one or more lebanese.

Bad news.

link   

Yes they are ongoing.

To the previous poster, I am watching a mix of al jazeera (in arabic), newtv, nbn, and Otv.

+8 more 
link   

I hope the Israelis play a game of catch with lebanon... With rockets and tanks!

Words escape me. There's a poster in this thread from Lebanon, and you are wishing war on his country with much enthusiasm and excitement.

Where's your humanity?

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Text from my brother -

3 IDF dead, 3+ LB dead. LB APC wiped out. Multiple clashes. Still alot of jet activity over-head.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regensturm

I hope the Israelis play a game of catch with lebanon... With rockets and tanks!

Words escape me. There's a poster in this thread from Lebanon, and you are wishing war on his country with much enthusiasm and excitement.

Where's your humanity?

wishing innocent people a terrible death shows a total lack of humanity... disgusting.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well I hope they dont tap dance this time...Israel is going to wipe the sand with all of these little militaries..... Listen to yourselves.... You dont even know the full story and you have Israel at fault... How do YOU know what territory they were in?? Did the Lebanesse declare "WARNING SHOT" before firing?? You anti Israel water heads just need an excuse to spew your phlemy garbage... If someone shot a "warning shot" at me...In a hostile area.. I would ventilate his brain!!!Why is it, you expect proof and verification on EVERYTHING, unless it is against Israel? String up the zionists ...Before you get the truth!!! Pathetic... Bring it.. I know I just opend the door for a bunch of "facts" on how horrible the Israelis and Zionists are... All the war crimes ...all the crimes against humanity.. Bring it..I hope the Israelis play a game of catch with lebanon... With rockets and tanks!

Maybe you should go over there and help catch a rocket for the isreali's. Since they are such a great people as you claim you should have no problem dying for them when the world turns on them.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

It is sooo funny that the Israeli side in Al-Jazeera keeps bringing Hizbollah in to the equation hahaha.

I was watching it couple of seconds ago, and they keep saying, well Israel doesn't want another conflict with Hezbollah, trying to undermine the fact that Lebanese troops were involved, and Hezbollah has been in the side lines observing.

I wonder what Israel is up to lol

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

That corresponds with this report that 3 Lebanese soldiers dead, which also states 1 Lebanese Journalist has also died as you and TheOrphic reported you heard earlier.

www.alertnet.org...

Your brother says 3 Israeli soldiers dead? I've heard only one reported so far, so your brother may know things the media is not reporting yet.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
i dont know if it was posted but

UPDATE !!
3 Lebanese soldiers have been killed by clash with the IDF

95% that this will start the next round between hezbollah and israel
and recently a Hamas leader was killed
rockets felt in Israel (PR reason to start a war with somebody)

Israel are never the victims ..since they 99% of the time dont have any victims on their side
its always their neighboor that are sufering heavy lost
and the PR from Israel respond with BUT HAMAS HAMAS HAMAS(peoples of gaza elected them) HEZBOLLAH IRAN ROCKETS ROCKETS( that usualy fall into a open field with no damage and 99% no casualties)

They will start this Lebanon war ... this news confirm it has maybe started
they will go into Gaza .. an accident will happen in the straight of hormuz
they will go into Iran with the USA helps

whos the bad guys today .... ??
so obvious but many are still blinded by the PR propaganda(we are the victims) brainwashing tactik

some Regimes need to FALL and its not Iran or Hamas
for the better of the world

this nasty emperial arrogant foreign attidude from those particular regime will cause harm to its own credibility/reputation and its own peoples in the long terms effect...
many have swallowed the propaganda who distribute lies to commit war crimes
the history of the USA will be forever marked in the futur stories

they dont want peace ... they want to conquer more land... put their emperial dominance on peoples before they can get to strong and have a matchable army
the USA have a trillion dollars army .. and Israel know that
thats why they trojan horsed the country of uncle sam
so uncle sam can go wage war ..advance pions...(irak and afghanistan) because of a false flag operation on 9/11
who is in the middle of them ... IRAN
its all calculate .. but its a evil plan .. and many will be killed ...
that show they have no remorse, no soul, no shame to make it happen anyway

Hizbollah is just in the path with the lebanese army
because they have said NO to the arrogant empire
the Lebanese army will fight alongside hezbollah
the west bank should unite with the gaza strip people to
and
why the separation in the first place ...israel come in my mind

[edit on 8/3/2010 by Ben81]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
1st casualty of war is the truth.

Become observers don't judge, blame or project.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Press TV reporting an agreement has been reached between Israeli and Lebanese militaries via UNIFIL to a ceasefire and that South Lebanon is now "calm".

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
It's on Sky rolling news now too so it'll be on the loop. They are saying 3 Lebanese soldiers and a journalist, and a high ranking Israeli officer was fatally wounded. Not much by way of footage.

To add whats the news Orphic anything still ongoing?

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Of course it is. Only the chicken little's on here see an event like this and immediately think WW3 or Israel is about to strike Iran etc. Nothing to see here...minor border skirmish and like PRESSTV is reporting it is now calm.

Originally posted by Regensturm
Press TV reporting an agreement has been reached between Israeli and Lebanese militaries via UNIFIL to a ceasefire and that South Lebanon is now "calm".

[edit on 3-8-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Local news can confirm the two previous posts, it seems calm now, let's just hope it'll stay that way.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
from jpost
Jpost story link

At least three Lebanese soldiers were killed in clashes with Israeli troops along the border on Monday afternoon, according to a Lebanese security official. One journalist from Hizbullah TV station al-Manar was also reported killed in cross-border fire according to Israel Radio, bringing the number of Lebanese dead to four.

Speaking on condition of anonymity under military guidelines, the Lebanese official said IDF shelling struck near a military vehicle in the border town of Adaisseh, setting it on fire and killing three soldiers inside the vehicle.

Lebanese reports said the conflict began when an IDF patrol attempted to uproot a tree on the Lebanese side of the border, while initial Israeli reports had said the soldiers were on a routine patrol, operating past the border fence, but within Israeli territory, since the fence does not always exactly parallel the border. Other reports said the Israeli soldiers were attempting to plant cameras.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join