Gunfire erupts along Lebanon-Israeli border

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by OuttaTime

You are wrong... Flares are shot in multiples.. That, I know for a fact.. So how much of your comment is actually fact based?

Which flares are you talking about? Most flares I've ever seen are launched from their own individual tube, and usually only have 1 incendiary projectile. BUT there are multiple flare launchers that can fire more than one at a time. They do not diverge from a single shot or projectile. Mortar flares (normally called paraflares) are 1 projectile which ignites after a timed fuze activates the incendiary and deploys the chute. They are used frequently on tanks and aircraft (including choppers) under the names of flare or chaff pods (or dispensers). The weapon seen in the video at about 20 seconds is an artillery fired projectile (in which artillery fire was reported during the skirmish). You can even hear the burst fragments raining down.
I was an aviation ordnance tech in the Navy, so I've seen a few flares
They also covered this material in the War Machines documentary (10 hours long).
Back on topic, the WP showers down in a conical pattern, and not a singular incendiary descent. The Air Force has the capacity to launch multiple flares from pods containing multiple flares known usually as an Angel pattern, and is distinctly different from a white phosphoros burst.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Yes but these wp rounds are used to stop rockets.. legitimate uses.. They are banned as a weapon... The amount and the dispursment that far above the ground leads me to believe, they were used as defense, not offense!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Yes but these wp rounds are used to stop rockets.. legitimate uses.. They are banned as a weapon... The amount and the dispursment that far above the ground leads me to believe, they were used as defense, not offense!

I suppose it can be used for that, but there is not much there to stop rockets. The contents scatters like a sparkler and the fragments are small, and would require a direct hit (kinetic kill) to stop a rocket since they're unguided. Flares are usually based on magnesium elements since they burn brighter and longer, while WP is a faster burn with less intensity.
I do agree that they were banned as a weapon, but it appears it is still being used as one. Even dating back to the Vietnam war, WP was used purely as an offensive weapon to inflict mass casualties and destroy the environment both by fire and by the product of the phosphoros gas during incineration (loosely used as a defoliant) as it is classified as a chemical weapon. As far as aerial dispersement, many incendiry particulates can still cause damage (as in reference to the WP assaults in Gaza). Air bursts are pretty nasty, as well as impact burst WP rounds.
Defensively it is plausible to use them to obscure line of sight or create a vision barrier, but smoke grenades do a better job, and they're much cheaper, along with being fired from an M79 or M203 launcher.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
The LAF, Hizbollah and Syrian forces are NO match for the IDF and they know it yet they dribble to their masses.

The next war in Lebanon, I hope the IDF capture all land right up to the doors of Beirut and keep it as a reminder to the Lebanese people whose really boss. By such action will dismantle Hizbollah and the Syrians will have no grip on Lebanese politics. Keep in mind it was Hizbollah and Syrian intelligence that assassinated Lebanon's PM Hariri.

As for the Lebanese sniper yesterday, you will be hunted and you will be found!

You just put your intire military up for target practice when the IDF do come in the next big confrontation and you will go down.

really. why don't bad azz isreal come over and see what happen. c'mon, your commandos were captured by unarmed civilians on those ships. they were shooting to kill yet got beaten to a pulp with wooden sticks. if that is the best the IDF have to offer, i would advise them not to enter a war.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Why dont you re-read the post you are replying to.

He said that Iran hasnt STARTED a war in 100 years, not that they havent been in a war for that long.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Come on... your not that delusional are you? Even the Anti Israel posters will agree.. Israel used military restraint (in the lebanon war)... Unlike other factions in the circus we call a world.. Israel has figured out that a good portion of the war is won in the papers..

Israel could have turned Lebanon into a pile of rubble... without nukes..

If you are dilusional enough to think that Lebanon received the full force of the Israeli military.... you are in for one hell of a suprise.

I know I come across as a Israeli sympathizer... Im not .. Im a realist!

Israel may have caused all of their own problems..In the big scheme of things...they have brought this on themselves. BUT, they are now in a position, where everyone around them wants them dead and gone.

They have to take the stance "the best defense is a good offense" The Muslims in the area have used Gaza as a motivator. They have long plans in motion to hurt Israel.. Now as a Govt. they have to protect their people..

They are at a point of no return.. The damage has been done!!! They can not let down their guard..

I am not Anti Muslim or anti Jew.. I hate everyone equally! Anything or anybody that is controled in some way shape or form by religion, is dilusional.

P.S. There is not an old man in the clouds that grants wishes!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by russ212

Nowhere on this thread did I see anyone blaming the whole jewish population for the acts of those in charge. and nowhere have I seen people saying they want the whole country/population killed off, that stands only for the israeli government regime.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

reply to post by DOADOA

I am not Anti Muslim or anti Jew.. I hate everyone equally! Anything or anybody that is controled in some way shape or form by religion, is dilusional.

You must be one mass world hater then...given 90+ percent of this world currently practices some form of religion. Ironic huh, especially given that religion, in one form or another, from "primitive" to modern concepts, has been with Man about as long as fire has been......

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hudson

because israel was in lebanon illegally, trying to install a security camera to. for "surveillance" reasons of course.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

The clashes erupted after Israeli soldiers reportedly attempted to uproot a tree on the Lebanese side of the border.

english.aljazeera.net...

Crossing a border to do some landscaping, eh?

That is almost as believable as young female protesters deciding to jump under moving Israeli bulldozers about to demolish Palestinian homes.

Yeah...there's more to that for sure and whatever it is, they had no business doing it.

I could imagine what would happen if any other mid-east nations started uprooting trees in Israel.

- Lee

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
just another day in paradise

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The first shot was a sniper round from the LAF that killed an IDF LTC. The IDF was on their side of the border, not the Lebanese side. Lebanon provoked the IDF response but the "hate the jew" crowd and hatred for Israel on this board won't let anyone see who is the real aggressor.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
To be honest, this constant bickering has to stop. I think the most appropriate action is to wipe these stupid holy cities from the face of this earth. So go ahead, let Iran drop their nuke right in the middle of Jerusalem. Let them drop it right in the middle of makkah. Enough fighting over imaginary beings. It will solve alot of problems to have these places vanish from the earth, and there will be peace because there can't be any fighting where cities don't exist. Yea yea yea people will want to probably rebuild just because of human nature and then they will call that new city "new jerusalem". Ohhhnhh nooo then itll just be like the bible's prophecy! And the cycle will begin again. Thank God for radiation then.

[edit on 3-8-2010 by fordrew]

let's drop one on mecca while we're at it. The jews just want to be left alone on their sliver of land. There wouldn't be a palestinian issue if arab governments hadn't incited it.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by b0sanac

Israel was far from doing anything wrong. UNIFIL also know this and had prior knowledge from the Israeli Govt which in turn notified the LAF but some jackass decided to have his "day".

The LAF commander/sniper (he may be LAF but he's shacking up with Hizbollah) will pay a very heavy price; I would strongly advise him to get his "business" in order because when any of Israeli Special Units taps on his door, he won't see them coming!

As for the last war between these two nations, Israel made it to Beirut's door and Hizbollah was indeed choking. They begged to the UN, NATO and the USA to stop the IDF going any further. Next time, and there WILL be a next time, the IDF won't be so kind.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
So all this was over a tree being pruned?

It's a sad World we live in!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud, will everyone stop calling people who don't like the Israeli regime anti-jews or anti-semite, or whatever! Israel does not mean the jewish population and this has been said many times, so stop using that lame argument, it doesn't work.

Second of all, all of you saying that they were on THEIR territory. If that were the truth, would UNIFIL soldiers yell at them to stop advancing through the fence? Warning them that the soldiers would shoot? And let's even say that it was on Israeli side, they wanted to put a god damn surveillance camera to spy on us!

You'll say I'm paranoid but you don't live in Lebanon to know what really happens in here. Today I woke up to news that a very high ranked officer in the military was actually a SPY for ISRAEL! They violate our airspace every day, and pull off stuff like yesterday aswell, and you're telling me they're innocent? How can you be so blind?

And a little message to those war-mongering idiots claiming that the IDF should turn Lebanon into rubble. How sick minded must you be to declare death upon an entire population? You're no better than the god damn nazis that killed 6 million of the jews you so dearly protect.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by freetree64

The UN, EU and the USA should use the same boycott on Lebanon as they have now in place for Iran.

Surely you mean Israel, they're the ones starting everything, I say the Lebanese should build a wooden wall higher than all the trees along he border, so the idf can't see whatever.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
reply to post by oozyism

China...if by take care you mean occupy.

Lol, however Israel has no worries about being attacked or occupied, they have 300+nuke warheads, what they worry about is not being able to expand or treat their neighbors however they choose to treat them, they can't use the nukes offensively.

All they want is to be THE mid East superpower and the arbiter of rules in the area.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
some pics here,including the crane which was mentioned yesterday:

www.independent.co.uk... pup

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join