It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA Satellite Picks up Giant UFO in Earth Orbit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
abovetopsecret.com wrotes:

"This UFO was present for only a few minutes and is not seen in images taken prior or afterwards. The UFO has structure, windows, and radiates heat in the infrared spectrum. Thanks to Russel Kirchner. www.goes.noaa.gov... "

you can go up and read it again, it is there.im just relating things that are writed in the topic.
i do not understend the link thou...it dosen't show nothing related with the topic i think, just normal satelite pics, must we do a search in that link?...weird.

Btw, any one can confirm if the moon can erradiate heat? that it is diferent then emanate reflected heat! i think, acording to moon geology, it is a "dead boddy" with out a internal source of heat, can some on confirm this? if it is "dead" how can this "moon" erradiate heat?
[edit on 19-6-2004 by kangaxx]

[edit on 19-6-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJSpellBound
Unfortunately it's the Moon.

www.chez.com...

What he said people. This has been covered. Quite a while ago in fact.

Just to walk it through. If you go here and scroll down to the image named full disc with moon. (18 Oct 1994) you will find this image:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
yes Kano, i have seen that, but why in this world has he sayed it was consrtucted and have windows?, , and at least if it was the moon, why it was not visible for more time then that foto?, must we assume that that professor or dr. or scientist have joke on the subject?, dont you think that weird at least?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Here is another picture with the Moon from 8/27/1999 with a quote from the large version of the image

"What makes this image very interesting, is the visibility of the Moon (red oval at lower right). Visibility of the Moon from GOES-8 is a relatively rare occurrence requiring a particular alignment of Earth and Moon and fortunate timing of the satellite."

The following description is from this larger image of the above picture.
"Rare GOES-10 image of the moon captured in late evening of December 9.
Such views are uncommon because they require a rather precise and fortunate moon position relative to the earth and timing relative to the satellite scans. Jagged edge of the moon is due to the speed at which it is moving as the scan is taking place. Blue color of the earth is because no ambient light is available for the visible channel (CH1)."

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a) the moon is MUCH bigger then that

You forgot the distance.

b) the moon is MUCH farther away then that (or we'd be in trouble)

Again, not actual distance.

c) if the guys whom admin the satilite doesn't know what it is, it's a pretty solid case that its a true UFO. Not saying its ET flying his space craft but truly an unidentified flying object in space.

Which guys? What do they do? Are they very much interested in sci-fi and UFOs, conspiracies etc? More sources.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg

Originally posted by zerotime
I'm guessing something that size and distance from Earth would be visible with the naked eye.

Maybe the aliens put their finger print on the lens for a giggle.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by zerotime]

How about a meteorite perhaps?

People need to stop jumping to wild conclusions about things just because they WANT to believe that lil green aliens are gonna come here, abduct them, scare the crap out of them, give them an anal probe, and send them home happy. I mean, REALLY, is it too much to ask that people use a little more reason when deciding what these things are?

I'm not trying to flame or insult anyone, but it just seems odd that aliens are the first thing that anyone thinks of when a UFO is presented. I guess we all need to stop listening to all of that propoganda.

Are you sarcasm impared?

I was kidding. Did you really think that I thought an alien put a fingerprint on the lens???

[edit on 19-6-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
[edit on 8/6/2005 by Musclor]

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This website ufologie.net...
has comparison pictures showing that it is the moon in the satellite pictures. (in infrared too)

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDead
This website ufologie.net...
has comparison pictures showing that it is the moon in the satellite pictures. (in infrared too)

Yyyeeeyyy, we have e Moon with windows and that radiates heat

jra

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kangaxx
Btw, any one can confirm if the moon can erradiate heat? that it is diferent then emanate reflected heat! i think, acording to moon geology, it is a "dead boddy" with out a internal source of heat, can some on confirm this? if it is "dead" how can this "moon" erradiate heat?

Any object in space, be it the Moon, Shuttle or an Astronaut suit will absorb and radiate heat. If the Sun is shinning on an object, it will absorb that light at a certain rate and then radiate at the same rate once it is out of the light. Depending on the colour and material, it will absorb and radiate at different rates.

EDIT: Oops I didn't realize how old this thread was, nor the post I quoted. I wouldn't have botherd answering a question from two years ago, but oh well...

[edit on 8-9-2006 by jra]

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
a) the moon is MUCH bigger then that
b) the moon is MUCH farther away then that (or we'd be in trouble)
[edit on 18-6-2004 by d1k]

Think "perspective"

The moon would appear to actually touch the earth if it was going around behind it from the perspective of the camera. Then it would "collide", then disappear, then come out of the earth from the other side.

Now it may not be the moon but we'll need more than 400x400 or so pixels to determine that.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
These are GOES (1 or 8, i'm not sure) satellite images from 6-10 years ago,
Would anyone care to tell us these are the moon?
I'm just being sarcastic, by the way.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Ok, to me the pictures look fake, but even if they were real, we have one problem guy's. That disk is not one hundred miles above Washington State, it's hundreds and hundreds, maybe even a thousand or more miles above the U.S. Do you folks remember when the space shuttle is up there and the crew points the camera out the window down towards Earth and remember how close the Earth looks and I don't mean a zoomed in picture, just showing the picture of what the naked eye would see. I mean everything is so large and I'm speaking about the land masses that that picture of that disk is so bogus, I'm surprised that no one ever brought this up and those guy's and gal's, the crew, are up well over a hundred miles. Bring up the NOAA GOES satilites on the web and research the distances and you will see what I'm talking about. There's no way that even if you were directly dead center above the Earth one hundred miles up and looking down, that you could see the whole United States in one same view. Then look at the UFO (chuckle, chuckle) in the picture again. Cripes, you can see half the damn Earth. If that thing was one hundred miles above Washington, from where that picture was taken, you couldn't even see that thing. It would be to far away and if you zoomed in to where you could see it, then you would be seeing the same type of land mass pictures that the space shuttle crew sees, that I explained earlier. I rest my case...Aloha, stay tubed...The Beechboy

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
These are GOES (1 or 8, i'm not sure) satellite images from 6-10 years ago,
Would anyone care to tell us these are the moon?
I'm just being sarcastic, by the way.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by star in a jar]

Hi there are some more images of this object in this compilation (around 5:12 ish):

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join