It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOAA Satellite Picks up Giant UFO in Earth Orbit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
NOAA SATELLITE PICKS UP GIANT UFO IN EARTH ORBIT The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has several Geosynchronous Orbiting Environmental Satellites (GOES) in orbit watching the Earth's weather and environment. On November 21, 1999, at 14:45Z hours our satellites caught an amazing photo of a UFO at an estimated hundred miles above the Earth off the coast of the state of Washington. The University of Colorado also keeps these photos on file for reference. One of the satellites is designed to pick up water vapor or clouds from space. When Russel Kirchner caught sight of the UFO in the display he zoomed in and could see the steam coming off a UFO. It was of the type identified as a large Mother Ship. The possibility of the object image being caused by a computer error was discussed and ruled out. Similar photos taken on June 8, 1995, over South America have also been widely distributed. Philip Imbrogno studied this case and NOAA explained the image was a "moon shadow UFO." This UFO was present for only a few minutes and is not seen in images taken prior or afterwards. The UFO has structure, windows, and radiates heat in the infrared spectrum. Thanks to Russel Kirchner. www.goes.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If this thing is the real deal, I real yhope these lil dudes a friendly . If ot

d1k

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Are there any more pictures? I want to see the windows and the steam coming off it. Very crazy story!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
That could be anything really, i've seen a lot more impressive UFO pictures then that

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Any links to some full size images? I can't see anything about this on the site given.

d1k

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
That could be anything really, i've seen a lot more impressive UFO pictures then that

How could "that be anything"? What do you know that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration doesn't....about their own satilite picutres at that?

[edit on 18-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
OOOOOOOokkk, very funny d1k .Whats with the lass , stripping ??

[edit on C:Friocu06e6 by Opus]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
look around the UFO there is a lot of pixilation. It looks photoshoped to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
oh its just a plasma bolt, some other natural phenomenon or a big poo on the camera lens

....you know from our astronauts

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This particular incident is fairly old and has been reported all over the internet for years now. I'm not sure why this is being posted to this board at this time. There are other similar events involving satellites and large UFOs as well which have been discussed within the bowels of the aliens/UFO section. Unfortunately, I can't navigate the search function very well anymore and am not going to provide any links to them.

You can see most of these events on ufoevidence.org

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Unfortunately it's the Moon.

www.chez.com...

d1k

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ok so one guy says because the moon could be in the same area it could be it, but

a) the moon is MUCH bigger then that

b) the moon is MUCH farther away then that (or we'd be in trouble)

c) if the guys whom admin the satilite doesn't know what it is, it's a pretty solid case that its a true UFO. Not saying its ET flying his space craft but truly an unidentified flying object in space.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone This particular incident is fairly old and has been reported all over the internet for years now. I'm not sure why this is being posted to this board at this time.
You'll see more and more of these posts from "AboveTopSecret.com" as we transition away from using static HTML pages for the main site content, and into integrating the discussion board with main site content. Existing site page: www.abovetopsecret.com... Staging version of new pages: www.abovetopsecret.com... This way, discussion threads can be tied to existing and new content that appears on the main website. So you will see some old content appearing over the next few days posted by "AboveTopSecret.com" -- don't be alarmed, it's just work on Above Top Secret 4.0 in-progress.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
why didint the military say anything about this im sure their satellites up in orbit would have known about this way before that weather satellites. it kinda make you ........................... well thats up to you

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Do you have any idea how many amateur astronomers look through their scopes every night? Alot!

Nothing that big floating about the US would go unnoticed for very long.

Astronomer's go ape # when they spot a rock a zillion miles away...this would be spotted fairly quickly.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm guessing something that size and distance from Earth would be visible with the naked eye.

Maybe the aliens put their finger print on the lens for a giggle.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by zerotime]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
look around the UFO there is a lot of pixilation. It looks photoshoped to me.

There is only pixelation in the photos that have been LIGHTENED for us to be able to see it better....the origonal pic looks to be the real deal.

I wanna SEE the steam coming off this thing to......where are the close ups?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerotime
I'm guessing something that size and distance from Earth would be visible with the naked eye.

Maybe the aliens put their finger print on the lens for a giggle.

[edit on 19-6-2004 by zerotime]

How about a meteorite perhaps?

People need to stop jumping to wild conclusions about things just because they WANT to believe that lil green aliens are gonna come here, abduct them, scare the crap out of them, give them an anal probe, and send them home happy. I mean, REALLY, is it too much to ask that people use a little more reason when deciding what these things are?

I'm not trying to flame or insult anyone, but it just seems odd that aliens are the first thing that anyone thinks of when a UFO is presented. I guess we all need to stop listening to all of that propoganda.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
ok...so think about this... so far it is a UFO, and acording to the text, it have Windows!, do you ever have seen windows in the moon?!meteors or asteroids have windows??!!
now...if it have windows, it is constructed!, if it is constructed, and no official source have given a explanation to that object...you think that it is so stupid to think first in Aliens??!!!
now...if you think this is stupid propaganda, you have all the right to think on that, but what makes all the subjects always weird, it is why some people "want" so strongly that people start to think that aliens dont exist or they can be here or whatever! sure the article can be a hoax, but untill proffed, if it cames from a "scientific" source, it is a UFO! and with windows, is at least a space chip, because it is not there anymore(spacestations have windows, but do not desapear), now if it is hearth made or alien made that it's a completly diferent story!
P.S-don't you think at least weird that a scientist starts to get so exited or surprised with this?!? if it was just....the moon?!, must we assume that he have "dreamed" about that windows?!
P.S.S.- if it was the moon, why he says that the object just have been seen in that foto, it dont was seen after or before?!...weird moon indeed!!lol

[edit on 19-6-2004 by kangaxx]"correcting errors."

[edit on 19-6-2004 by kangaxx]

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kangaxx
ok...so think about this... so far it is a UFO, and acording to the text, it have Windows!, do you ever have seen windows in the moon?!meteors or asteroids have windows??!!
now...if it have windows, it is constructed!, if it is constructed, and no official source have given a explanation to that object...you think that it is so stupid to think first in Aliens??!!!

[edit on 19-6-2004 by kangaxx]"correcting errors."

Where are these "windows" that you speak of? I see no windows. You sure you're not seeing things?

[edit on 20-6-2004 by TheBorg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join