It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. McCain blocks national intelligence director's nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Article

WASHINGTON – A spokeswoman for Sen. John McCain says the senator is blocking President Barack Obama's nominee to be the director of national intelligence.

Spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan says the Arizona Republican has requested a specific report from retired Air Force Gen. James R. Clapper. Buchanan declined to provide any details about the report but said it was not related to Clapper or his views.

Buchanan said McCain will continue to put a hold on Clapper's nomination until he provides the report.

Obama nominated Clapper to succeed retired Adm. Dennis Blair to oversee the nation's 16 intelligence agencies.

I cant say Ive heard of this Clapper guy at all. I didnt even know Obama was nominating a new intelligence director.

The Senate Intelligence Committees unanimously approved the nomination, so Im guessing they think this guy is right for the job. Im wondering, why do we need 16 different intelligence agencies? Just one, or maybe a few should be enough right?

It seems like more and more people are moving in and out of the government recently.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
More republican obstructionism. I hope they realize what goes around comes around.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
More republican obstructionism. I hope they realize what goes around comes around.

Get off the two-party jag!!!
If you were at all OBJECTIVE in your analysis you would realize that BOTH parties have greatly obstructed the actions of the other for political gain for the past 20 years! Probably to the benefit of this country as the extremists would have ruled the roost!!!

Your constant harping on the Republicans and unconditional support of the Democrat are EAXACTLY why this country is spinning down the toilet! It is time for you to WAKE UP!!!

new topics

join